Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 692 [1]
Given Kudos: 56
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 692 [1]
Given Kudos: 56
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Calcutta PGPEX Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
KrishnaKanthKK wrote:
Hello! If someone could answer my query: What weightage does interview carry? Having made it to the interview, is interview the sole decider for an admit or a reject?

Thanks!

Hi,

There is no fixed weight-age for the interview. The evaluation would be holistic comprising of various components : Interview, GMAT score, and Past experience.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
WE:Asset Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Calcutta PGPEX Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
When will results come out? Anytime next week I guess..

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
aurobindomahanty wrote:
KrishnaKanthKK wrote:
Hello! If someone could answer my query: What weightage does interview carry? Having made it to the interview, is interview the sole decider for an admit or a reject?

Thanks!

Hi,

There is no fixed weight-age for the interview. The evaluation would be holistic comprising of various components : Interview, GMAT score, and Past experience.

Best of luck!

Thank you Aurobindo! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.26
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
KrishnaKanthKK wrote:

Thanks!

Hi KK,

I think I would have the same query. I had a real weird interview. They quizzed me on philosophy of a particular genre of folk songs in Bengal, just two questions on my industry and they were done. It seemed as if they dont even want to know anything about me. I dont know how they can select candidates like that.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
smukherjee87 wrote:
KrishnaKanthKK wrote:

Thanks!

Hi KK,

I think I would have the same query. I had a real weird interview. They quizzed me on philosophy of a particular genre of folk songs in Bengal, just two questions on my industry and they were done. It seemed as if they dont even want to know anything about me. I dont know how they can select candidates like that.

I believe they were testing your coolness int this scenario and checking your general awareness. Sometimes, we do forget that they tend to also judge people by how smartly he/she answers and then evaluate on that.
Current Student
Send PM
Even my interview was awkward. I could not even finish my intro when we ventured into Blockchain - a topic I just started to read about and quizzed about. After that, it was only personal questions. No achievements, no life morals but i believe professors are too smart to take into our comfort zone. They will always push into pressure situations to check our reaction.

I guess, we will get our results pretty soon. Going by trend, we should get our result by 24th or 26th. Fingers crossed :).
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
parthsn wrote:
I guess, we will get our results pretty soon. Going by trend, we should get our result by 24th or 26th. Fingers crossed :).
Do you guys need a chat room for next few days to stay in touch for decision updates?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
parthsn wrote:
Even my interview was awkward. I could not even finish my intro when we ventured into Blockchain - a topic I just started to read about and quizzed about. After that, it was only personal questions. No achievements, no life morals but i believe professors are too smart to take into our comfort zone. They will always push into pressure situations to check our reaction.

Last year the results were out on 25th. The previous year it was probably 27th.
Current Student
Send PM
smukherjee87 wrote:
parthsn wrote:

yes, i meant the last Saturday or Monday. Lets see, hope to cross over the lake this time. all the best to everyone. :thumbup:
Current Student
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
parthsn wrote:
Do you guys need a chat room for next few days to stay in touch for decision updates?

Sure, that should be of great help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
Send PM
parthsn wrote:

I started the interview confidently. But in the middle, the whole discussion was about geography.I was grilled. they took me out of the comfort zone and then started to ask some general questions again like why mba? why IIM C? Fingers crossed!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rahulsri459 wrote:
parthsn wrote:

I started the interview confidently. But in the middle, the whole discussion was about geography.I was grilled. they took me out of the comfort zone and then started to ask some general questions again like why mba? why IIM C? Fingers crossed!!

That is good. Atleast they gave you an opportunity to answer some relevant questions like why MBA and Why IIMC. They did not ask anything related to my goals or profile from me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
WE:Asset Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
smukherjee87 wrote:
parthsn wrote:

Means results generally come over the next weekend of the interview. Good luck!!! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any idea how many total candidates were interviewed?
Current Student
Send PM
yes, same here. After i was put to testing in blockchains , I was asked the need for an MBA and why so late. All in all, i found the discussion quite relaxing but did we get fried or pass the pressure test, we never know. they never showed any impressions about our performance. By the way, where did you all attend your interviews?

I have seen numbers upto 360 for interview, so safely we all can assume 360 atleast .
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V29
GPA: 3.31
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Total would be around 170 or 180. Number of seats is around 70.on 17th Nov they had called 22 for Bangalore interviews and 6 were absent till 10 am. They must have called 3 people against one seat.so around 220-230 calls.since isb took away so many candidates attendance was only 80-90% I guess. I overall turnout might be around 180

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by durgamadhab on 22 Nov 2018, 00:59.
Last edited by durgamadhab on 22 Nov 2018, 01:05, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
parthsn wrote:
yes, same here. After i was put to testing in blockchains , I was asked the need for an MBA and why so late. All in all, i found the discussion quite relaxing but did we get fried or pass the pressure test, we never know. they never showed any impressions about our performance. By the way, where did you all attend your interviews?

I have seen numbers upto 360 for interview, so safely we all can assume 360 atleast .

It was on Skype bhai.. The worst part is.. one of the prof was hardly audible... :(
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts