Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:00 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 239 [1]
Given Kudos: 330
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
School Moderator - Stanford MSx
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
GPA: 3.77
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2019 Intake)Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Naman5772 wrote:
Hey dude!

I didn’t send official transcripts and got an interview invite. Mailed Eric regarding the same and he asked to mail a soft copy to him for now. Hope this helps

Hey,
Are you done with the interview? How did it go?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2019 Intake)Class of 2021 [#permalink]
It went above average. Hope to convert!! When is ur interview?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q51 V38
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
siddreal wrote:
Narenn wrote:
Why is this thread so quiet? R1 folks, What's the app progress? How are essays coming along?

Hi Narenn,

Submitted the application and also confirmed that all components are received. Awaiting next step from school.

Hey Sid, I am applying for the ASU in the coming round. Can we have a small chat. I would like to discuss with you on some pointers.

Thank you
Best Regards
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Naman5772 wrote:

That is great! My interview is scheduled for 14th November.

Can you please share the questions you were asked?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 239 [0]
Send PM
Request you to post them on the debrief section, it would be easily accessible for all of us as and when required.
Thanks and all the best for your results man..!!

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Naman5772 wrote:

Naman5772

Looks like a lot of people are waiting to see some interview debriefs. it would be a great help if you can post your debrief by clicking on "Interview debrief" at the top of the first post and then "Add my interview debrief"

Thank you.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi ssharan31 siddreal

Naman posted his interview debrief here https://gmatclub.com/forum/w-p-carey-ar ... brief.html

Thanks a lot Naman5772
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I started my application yesterday and plan to submit by Nov 27 deadline. I entered the email ids of my reference but they haven't received any mail yet. Will they get email only after I submit the application?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 239 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Yes, your referees get the email with the link only after you submit the application and pay the fee. I also got to know about this from one of the Webinar that Eric Jacobs conducted.
I would suggest you complete the application and submit more than ten days earlier so that your referees get enough time to submit the document. Moreover, sent the official transcripts to ASU, the physical hard copies.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
siddreal wrote:
Yes, your referees get the email with the link only after you submit the application and pay the fee. I also got to know about this from one of the Webinar that Eric Jacobs conducted.
I would suggest you complete the application and submit more than ten days earlier so that your referees get enough time to submit the document. Moreover, sent the official transcripts to ASU, the physical hard copies.

I scanned and uploaded the transcripts. Is it mandatory to send the physical hard copies?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 239 [0]
Send PM
Where did u find an option to upload transcripts? ASU portal does not have that option!!!

Moreover, yes it is compulsory to send as to what AdComs say, but I have come across 1-2 people who did not send till the deadlines and the school asked to send via email temporarily.... i would suggest you not tak a chance and send it away since you got good enough time.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
siddreal wrote:
Where did u find an option to upload transcripts? ASU portal does not have that option!!!

Moreover, yes it is compulsory to send as to what AdComs say, but I have come across 1-2 people who did not send till the deadlines and the school asked to send via email temporarily.... i would suggest you not tak a chance and send it away since you got good enough time.

Thanks siddreal. I will send the transcripts to avoid facing any issues but there is an option to upload unofficial transcripts in ASU application. I have pasted the text below for reference:

Quote:
Unofficial Transcript (optional)

If you are recommended for admission by the academic unit, you will be required to provide an official transcript (sent to us by mail directly from the institution). Your offer of admission and ability to register for classes will be contingent upon the receipt and verification of these official documents (which must show the award of degrees where appropriate). The unofficial transcript that is uploaded must match the official transcript we receive. Do not upload spreadsheet documents as these are not acceptable for review. Instead, you can use a screen-capture or a picture of the official transcript and copy/paste the image onto a Word document. You are also allowed to scan and upload a copy of your official transcripts (this is preferred). Please include the transcript key or legend (often on the back of the official transcript) in your upload. Arizona State University reserves the right to require official transcripts any time prior to admissions review and revoke any admissions decision if the unofficial transcript(s) do not match the official transcripts.

File must be formatted as Text (*.txt), Rich Text (*.rtf), Adobe PDF (*.pdf), or Microsoft Word (*.doc, *.docx).
File size must be limited to 1MB.
File name must be comprised of 50 or less characters
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is there any way I can check the application that I submitted?

Also, does anyone remember if we were asked to specify the names of other b-schools we are applying to?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Ritika Pahuja wrote:

Also, does anyone remember if we were asked to specify the names of other b-schools we are applying to?

I also tried to check my application before the interview but was not able to do so. And if I remember correctly, we did mention the other b Schools names. Best wishes for the interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Naman5772 wrote:
Ritika Pahuja wrote:

I also tried to check my application before the interview but was not able to do so. And if I remember correctly, we did mention the other b Schools names. Best wishes for the interview.

Okay. Thank you :)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 166
Send PM
Hi guys,

I contacted with Eric to ask him whether unofficial transcript is accepted or not and he answered as follow:
"When filling out the application there is a section where you can upload your transcripts electronically to our application for the purpose of your admission review. If you are admitted into the program you will then need to send your physical official documents to the following address:"
So it seems that scan transcript is ok.

I have some other questions and hope that you can help me out:
1. I am requesting the test centers to send my IELTS and GMAT scores to the school. Is this ok if I request the test center to send my official scores before the deadline and after several weeks (after the deadline), the school receive my official scores from test center. Does it affect to my application evaluation?
2. If the submit my application on 27 Nov, do my referees have a few days to submit their references? Or will my application be automatically moved to Round 3 if my referees do not submit their references before 27 Nov?

Thank you guys so much.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
thingocanhnguyen wrote:
Hi guys,

I contacted with Eric to ask him whether unofficial transcript is accepted or not and he answered as follow:
"When filling out the application there is a section where you can upload your transcripts electronically to our application for the purpose of your admission review. If you are admitted into the program you will then need to send your physical official documents to the following address:"
So it seems that scan transcript is ok.

I have some other questions and hope that you can help me out:
1. I am requesting the test centers to send my IELTS and GMAT scores to the school. Is this ok if I request the test center to send my official scores before the deadline and after several weeks (after the deadline), the school receive my official scores from test center. Does it affect to my application evaluation?
2. If the submit my application on 27 Nov, do my referees have a few days to submit their references? Or will my application be automatically moved to Round 3 if my referees do not submit their references before 27 Nov?

Thank you guys so much.

1. It is ok and will not affect ur evaluation.

2. It is fine to submit a bit late than the deadline.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 166
Send PM
Thanks Naman5772. However, I mailed to ask Eric about this and he said that the school need all GMAT and IELTS official scores from test centers. I already requested test centers to send my scores to ASU.

One question, do you know how long from the request day will school receive GMAT score?

Thanks in advance.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts