Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:21 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
So all the interviews on campus should be wrapped up by now. How does everyone feel?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V45
WE:Real Estate (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all Harvard MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
Kudos
1079nolan wrote:
Did anyone interview with just one person (vs the two on one that is the norm?) wondering if I should read into this

Posted from my mobile device

I only interviewed with one person too, and she said to not read into it - it's just however many admissions officers are available in Boston (or other city) that day versus other cities.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
plmnkoijb wrote:
1079nolan wrote:
Did anyone interview with just one person (vs the two on one that is the norm?) wondering if I should read into this

I only interviewed with one person too, and she said to not read into it - it's just however many admissions officers are available in Boston (or other city) that day versus other cities.

There you go folks! DO NOT READ INTO IT! :tongue_opt3 :-D :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 133
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 3: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey bondtradercu!

I couldn't get a read from my interviewer. My interviewer found me on YouTube and recognized me, so that was interesting :lol:

I was not nervous during the interview but now that it's over, slightly anxious as I replay what I said. What's done is done and I brought my genuine self to the table. We will see how things pan out in 3 weeks!!

bondtradercu wrote:
So all the interviews on campus should be wrapped up by now. How does everyone feel?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
OmManiPadmeHbs wrote:
Hey bondtradercu!

I couldn't get a read from my interviewer. My interviewer found me on YouTube and recognized me, so that was interesting :lol:

I was not nervous during the interview but now that it's over, slightly anxious as I replay what I said. What's done is done and I brought my genuine self to the table. We will see how things pan out in 3 weeks!!

bondtradercu wrote:

Haha I am sure you killed it! Did you have a youtube channel? Who did you interview with?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I ended the interview with a ton of mixed feelings. At the end my interviewer gave 0 facial expression to indicate it went well or badly. Definitely wish I had said certain things differently or taken more time with my answers (though the questions were asked quickly and lots of follow-ups). Fingers crossed for Dec 11th!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
1079nolan wrote:
I ended the interview with a ton of mixed feelings. At the end my interviewer gave 0 facial expression to indicate it went well or badly. Definitely wish I had said certain things differently or taken more time with my answers (though the questions were asked quickly and lots of follow-ups). Fingers crossed for Dec 11th!

Did you also just have one interviewer?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V48
Send PM
Kudos
Am I the only one who walked out of there not feeling too confident - haha? I also had two interviewers. They were both very nice, but I could not really tell if I connected with them or not. I seemed to be getting smiles and nodding heads throughout most of the interview. They ended up asking me around 25 questions over the 30 minutes, but I guess that is normal. There are some things I feel that I answered very well and others that I wish I could go back and change. 50-60% chance of getting in at this point is pretty good. Hoping I just get a final decision either in or out on the 11th. Looking at last year's waitlist posts makes it seem like an agonizing experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
getmeintohbs wrote:
Am I the only one who walked out of there not feeling too confident - haha? I also had two interviewers. They were both very nice, but I could not really tell if I connected with them or not. I seemed to be getting smiles and nodding heads throughout most of the interview. They ended up asking me around 25 questions over the 30 minutes, but I guess that is normal. There are some things I feel that I answered very well and others that I wish I could go back and change. 50-60% chance of getting in at this point is pretty good. Hoping I just get a final decision either in or out on the 11th. Looking at last year's waitlist posts makes it seem like an agonizing experience.

25 questions sounds like quite a lot.. is that normal? I think I had like probably 10-15?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
It was probably more like 22. As I was finishing answering a question they would usually interject and ask me why or how I did something etc. It was very cordial and not done in an abrasive way, but there was definitely some pressure to keep things moving. I guess I appreciate that because I wanted to express as much as I could about myself and my application. Even with so many questions I felt like there was a lot that I left out that I should have mentioned.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
getmeintohbs - my experience/feeling about my interview is very similar. My total questions came out to 17 including follow-ups. Honestly it was the follow-up questions that caught me off guard, and in hindsight I realize anything is fair game, even the stuff you might accidentally spill out during the interview itself.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
1079nolan - good to hear. We'll find out soon.

I read through this post and it gave me a lot of hope. It's clear that you don't really know how you did until you get the results from HBS. You definitely don't need to have a flawless interview in order to get an acceptance. https://gmatclub.com/forum/harvard-inte ... 14138.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GRE 1: Q167 V164
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
I had about 34 questions during my interview to include follow-ups.

getmeintohbs wrote:
It was probably more like 22. As I was finishing answering a question they would usually interject and ask me why or how I did something etc. It was very cordial and not done in an abrasive way, but there was definitely some pressure to keep things moving. I guess I appreciate that because I wanted to express as much as I could about myself and my application. Even with so many questions I felt like there was a lot that I left out that I should have mentioned.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Stephenm0518 wrote:

Whoa! :shocked How long was the interview? Looks like a barrage of questions. Rapid fire, eh?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GRE 1: Q167 V164
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
It was around 32 minutes, about standard time. It was definitely fast paced and covered basically everything in my resume and my application plus some questions about the class I visited. It just felt like a conversation though very cordial and flowing.

DigitsnLetters wrote:
Stephenm0518 wrote:

Whoa! :shocked How long was the interview? Looks like a barrage of questions. Rapid fire, eh?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
what time on the 11th will we know?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
bondtradercu wrote:
what time on the 11th will we know?

bondtradercu

From previous years data, I see Harvard usually sends out decisions starting 10 AM ET.

See the Decision Tracker updates in the following topic https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p1977017
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  19   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts