Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:03 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
schadenfreudehere wrote:
Amaranth wrote:
Had my interview on Skype, but my interviewer didn't share her email ID with me. She mentioned she would get back to me on some information I asked for, do I just skip the thank you note and wait for her to email me? I'm guessing it isn't a big deal, but its hard to not overthink this.

If she doesn’t get back to you, try finding her email address on the college website. Probably a current student can help you too. My advice would be to send a thank you note. Its essential imo.

Posted from my mobile device

I am a current student. Thank you notes don’t change your admissions decision. They’re essential for politeness and just general manners but not for your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
FuturePM91 wrote:
schadenfreudehere wrote:
Amaranth wrote:
Had my interview on Skype, but my interviewer didn't share her email ID with me. She mentioned she would get back to me on some information I asked for, do I just skip the thank you note and wait for her to email me? I'm guessing it isn't a big deal, but its hard to not overthink this.

If she doesn’t get back to you, try finding her email address on the college website. Probably a current student can help you too. My advice would be to send a thank you note. Its essential imo.

I am a current student. Thank you notes don’t change your admissions decision. They’re essential for politeness and just general manners but not for your decision.

Thanks for this, its kinda what I figured. I'm assuming that I don't need to worry about getting her info, especially since she mentioned that she would get back to me on a couple of things? FWIW I did thank her on the call and she did explicitly mention that I can get in touch with the general email ID if I had questions and that she would send me some information in the next few days.
Director
Director
Send PM
Amaranth wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
schadenfreudehere wrote:
[quote="Amaranth"]Had my interview on Skype, but my interviewer didn't share her email ID with me. She mentioned she would get back to me on some information I asked for, do I just skip the thank you note and wait for her to email me? I'm guessing it isn't a big deal, but its hard to not overthink this.

Thanks for this, its kinda what I figured. I'm assuming that I don't need to worry about getting her info, especially since she mentioned that she would get back to me on a couple of things? FWIW I did thank her on the call and she did explicitly mention that I can get in touch with the general email ID if I had questions and that she would send me some information in the next few days.[/quote]

I would just wait for her to reach out. If you really want to send a note I would send it through the general email and they will get it to your interviewer. It would be weird if I received a note to my Kellogg email from someone outside of Kellogg that I didn’t give it to..it would come off a bit creepy.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
NVM

Originally posted by gmatpercher on 13 Nov 2018, 16:16.
Last edited by gmatpercher on 20 Jan 2022, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
gmatpercher wrote:
Did anyone else get invited to "An Evening with Kellogg Alumni"? It feels like it might be a positive sign as I await word on my R1 decision but it also could be something that they invite nearly everyone to. Has this been done in years past?

I have not been invited. Probably a very good sign. Where are you based?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
gmatpercher wrote:
Did anyone else get invited to "An Evening with Kellogg Alumni"? It feels like it might be a positive sign as I await word on my R1 decision but it also could be something that they invite nearly everyone to. Has this been done in years past?

I also did not receive the invite
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Bookmarks
I received an invite as well. Not sure if it's a good sign or not but excited to meet more people!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
These “exclusive” invites happened last year. There was no correlation to the admission decision. I’m not sure how they chose ppl to go but many that were selected did not get admitted and vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Marketing
GRE 1: Q161 V164
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
Hi All, question for anyone who has submitted already: can I submit my application and continue to the video essay portion or schedule an interview without my recommendations being complete? I know the application wont be complete without the recs, but I'm wondering how much I can get done myself before my recommenders send them in.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [2]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Kudos
Mgraynap wrote:
Hi All, question for anyone who has submitted already: can I submit my application and continue to the video essay portion or schedule an interview without my recommendations being complete? I know the application wont be complete without the recs, but I'm wondering how much I can get done myself before my recommenders send them in.

Not sure about the video essay portion. I think the link only appears once the rest of your application is complete but it could be that "rest of your application" includes the parts in your control. I didn't hit submit before my recs were in so I can't say for certain.

You won't get the email inviting you to schedule an interview until after your round's deadline once your application has been reviewed. For example, R1 interview invites went out ~4-6 weeks after the R1 deadline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
Send PM
Kudos
okaysoanyway wrote:
Mgraynap wrote:

Not sure about the video essay portion. I think the link only appears once the rest of your application is complete but it could be that "rest of your application" includes the parts in your control. I didn't hit submit before my recs were in so I can't say for certain.

You won't get the email inviting you to schedule an interview until after your round's deadline once your application has been reviewed. For example, R1 interview invites went out ~4-6 weeks after the R1 deadline.

I think that's definitely the case for off campus interviews. If you are planning to interview on campus you can schedule pretty soon after. I interviewed the week after the video questions were due for R1. If you select on campus you will be interviewed (I think earlier in this thread a current student noted how Kellogg tries really hard to interview everyone, just off campus can be challenging.)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [2]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Marketing
GRE 1: Q161 V164
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
Kudos
JA2018 wrote:
okaysoanyway wrote:
Mgraynap wrote:

I think that's definitely the case for off campus interviews. If you are planning to interview on campus you can schedule pretty soon after. I interviewed the week after the video questions were due for R1. If you select on campus you will be interviewed (I think earlier in this thread a current student noted how Kellogg tries really hard to interview everyone, just off campus can be challenging.)

Ah ok gotcha, thank you both for the information!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
You are awesome! Thanks for calming my nerves! :)
FuturePM91 wrote:
These “exclusive” invites happened last year. There was no correlation to the admission decision. I’m not sure how they chose ppl to go but many that were selected did not get admitted and vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
yall get the "Discover More about the Kellogg Experience" email?

Reading too much into everything! :cry:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
I didn't get one. :'(
okaysoanyway wrote:

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 4
Send PM
okaysoanyway wrote:

I got one!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
I got one too! But the language almost makes it sounds like they haven't really reviewed our apps too much?

"We are so excited to get to know more about you through your application materials" is what it starts with, for those who didn't get it.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts