Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: Calling all 2019 Haas Applicants - Class of 2021 [#permalink]
BNabs88 wrote:
I've got my interview on Tuesday. Will be spending a lot of my weekend preparing! Anyone had theirs yet?

I had mine last week with a current student. It was pretty relaxed, but lasted the full 45 minutes. There were a lot of behavioral questions (tell me about a time when...) that seemed designed to really measure your leadership skills. We jumped straight into those and skipped the usual "walk me through your resume", "why an MBA", "why Haas." We eventually touched on those after 15/20 minutes though.

My best advice is to know your resume and have a handful of stories ready that you can adapt to fit those behavioral questions. Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.09
Send PM
Hi!!

Did anyone from LATAM receive an interview invitation?
I am Brazil-based, didn't hear anything here yet.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [3]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Kudos
To those who are still waiting for interview invite, I did a quick look at previous years and here is what I found (See image below). Graph would've been better, perhaps next time.

Attachment:
Haas Stats.PNG
Haas Stats.PNG [ 33.24 KiB | Viewed 4252 times ]

O-N Total = Total number of invites for October-November 2018 (to date)
N-D Total = Total number of invites for November-December Period
Total = total for R1 that year
* = 4 (allegedly) fake reports

So it feels like we are only half way through the invitation process and plenty of invites are yet to be sent out!

P.S. To those who are particularly stressed, there were people on GC who got their invites in December and were ultimately accepted, and there were people who had to wait nearly two months between "Ready for Review" email and their interview invite. And yes, I had some time to kill in the airport, so I read previous year forums cover to cover! :grin:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
BananaNation wrote:
To those who are still waiting for interview invite, I did a quick look at previous years and here is what I found (See image below). Graph would've been better, perhaps next time.

Attachment:
Haas Stats.PNG

O-N Total = Total number of invites for October-November 2018 (to date)
N-D Total = Total number of invites for November-December Period
Total = total for R1 that year
* = 4 (allegedly) fake reports

So it feels like we are only half way through the invitation process and plenty of invites are yet to be sent out!

P.S. To those who are particularly stressed, there were people on GC who got their invites in December and were ultimately accepted, and there were people who had to wait nearly two months between "Ready for Review" email and their interview invite. And yes, I had some time to kill in the airport, so I read previous year forums cover to cover! :grin:

Haha this is great work, thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [4]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 3: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Kudos
Hi guys - I just received my interview invite yesterday. I had almost given up hope as I'm from a major city in the US and I figured I would have been one of the first to hear back. As such, the interview invite came as a great surprise and I'm really excited for this opportunity

Anyways, I just wanted let you all know to not lose hope yet if you have not received an interview invite. Good luck everyone :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
fnl2021 wrote:
BNabs88 wrote:
I've got my interview on Tuesday. Will be spending a lot of my weekend preparing! Anyone had theirs yet?

I had mine last week with a current student. It was pretty relaxed, but lasted the full 45 minutes. There were a lot of behavioral questions (tell me about a time when...) that seemed designed to really measure your leadership skills. We jumped straight into those and skipped the usual "walk me through your resume", "why an MBA", "why Haas." We eventually touched on those after 15/20 minutes though.

My best advice is to know your resume and have a handful of stories ready that you can adapt to fit those behavioral questions. Good luck!!

Just had mine, agree about the number of behavioural questions! I was wondering if they would ever end. I would say to everyone, prepare double to number of good behavioural answers that you have been working on (8 is probably enough if they are multi-use)

We never went on the "walk me through your resume" question, so I had to preface a few of my answers with context of the role/organisation as well.

Fingers crossed I did enough! Now the wait begins... could make or break Christmas! haha
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.09
Send PM
jwang516 wrote:
Hi guys - I just received my interview invite yesterday. I had almost given up hope as I'm from a major city in the US and I figured I would have been one of the first to hear back. As such, the interview invite came as a great surprise and I'm really excited for this opportunity

Anyways, I just wanted let you all know to not lose hope yet if you have not received an interview invite. Good luck everyone :)

Congrats! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Hi guys,

When I submitted my application, it said " Your application has been received and you will be considered in Round 1."

I received an interview invite in mid-October. When I logged onto the portal, it said congratulations you have been invited to interview or something similar right under the " Your application has been received and you will be considered in Round 1." I scheduled it for mid-November and completed it.

However, now when I log onto the portal, it has gone back to "Your application has been received and you will be considered in Round 1" and the line about the interview has gone away.

Can anyone else who interviewed confirm the same change on the portal?

Thanks a lot.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Haas '21 (I)
Send PM
hufflepuffer wrote:
Hi guys,

When I submitted my application, it said " Your application has been received and you will be considered in Round 1."

I received an interview invite in mid-October. When I logged onto the portal, it said congratulations you have been invited to interview or something similar right under the " Your application has been received and you will be considered in Round 1." I scheduled it for mid-November and completed it.

However, now when I log onto the portal, it has gone back to "Your application has been received and you will be considered in Round 1" and the line about the interview has gone away.

Thanks a lot.

I have already interviewed and can confirm the same change.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Kudos
helloeveryonee wrote:
hufflepuffer wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot.

I have already interviewed and can confirm the same change.

Thanks a lot for confirming. :)

I was freaking out. :facepalm:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Any news from the Indian applicants?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Any news from African applicants?

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
snigger2793 wrote:
Any news from the Indian applicants?

snigger2793

If I were you, I would go to the Decision Tracker here and scroll through the decisions of around 130 applicants.

I see only one interview invite for an Indian applicant so far for user ashishranka94

Ferogamo wrote:
Any news from African applicants?

Ferogamo

I don't see any updates from African applicants yet. If HaaS releases its decisions geographic wise then this is a good news as no one from Africa heard back yet, atleast from decision Tracker.

The Decision Tracker can be accessed by clicking on the "Decision Tracker" tab at the top of the page.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM

Originally posted by Sunmoonstar8888 on 22 Nov 2018, 23:58.
Last edited by Sunmoonstar8888 on 31 Jan 2019, 01:27, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
maged1893 wrote:
Honestly don’t know if I’m still going to get an interview invite. It’s already November 22 and no word at all. I’m applying from Manila. Just wondering if they still send out a lot of interview invites after thanksgiving?

Haas sent out quite a few invites in December both last year and the year before, don't lose hope yet!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: Haas '21 (S)
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Amaranth wrote:
maged1893 wrote:
Honestly don’t know if I’m still going to get an interview invite. It’s already November 22 and no word at all. I’m applying from Manila. Just wondering if they still send out a lot of interview invites after thanksgiving?

Haas sent out quite a few invites in December both last year and the year before, don't lose hope yet!

I haven't heard from the school as well T.T
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Just had the alumni interview. It lasted about 70 minutes.

Some structured questions were asked first. It seemed that in every interview, they will ask these questions.
1. What's your challenges/difficulties at work?
2. What's your weakness? How did you cope with that weakness?
3. How do you resonate with "beyond yourself"?
4. What's your career goal. How do you think can Haas help with your goal?

Then some unstructured conversation regarding to the industry you want to work, and it was pretty conversational and freestyle.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts