Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:42 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [11]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Schools: CBS '21 (S)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]

Originally posted by Sunmoonstar8888 on 07 Dec 2018, 22:32.
Last edited by Sunmoonstar8888 on 31 Jan 2019, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V45
WE:Real Estate (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
maged1893 wrote:
Arigold93 wrote:
Mzhavik wrote:
I applied on October 29th and have yet to hear anything - anyone in a similar boat?

Posted from my mobile device

Applied on October 9th and still waiting for an update.

Interesting. The email on Nov 13th said they expect to complete the process in less than 4 weeks, so I was assuming this is the week we should expect something

October 15th here.

applied oct 15th but recommendations didn't make it in until oct 20th
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Hi fellow CBS applicants
I have a question regarding the "Family" section of the application - do you interpret the parents' Country/City/State fields to represent where they were born, or where they currently live?

I'm confused and conflicted!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
Send PM
Hi Libiem - I interpreted it as where they currently live. It's interesting that some schools are more specific about the ask; as you know, Sloan asks where they were born.

libiem2 wrote:
Hi fellow CBS applicants
I have a question regarding the "Family" section of the application - do you interpret the parents' Country/City/State fields to represent where they were born, or where they currently live?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V40
Send PM
Anyone that submitted late October hear back regarding interviews?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
kevinroque10 wrote:
Anyone that submitted late October hear back regarding interviews?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

I applied 10/20 and haven't heard back yet. Saw a post on LiveWire yesterday from someone who applied 10/16.
Intern
Intern
Send PM

Originally posted by Sunmoonstar8888 on 11 Dec 2018, 12:22.
Last edited by Sunmoonstar8888 on 31 Jan 2019, 01:23, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
I applied on oct 16 and heard back for an interview via email yesterday

Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
I interpret it as where they currently live.

Hope that helps!

libiem2 wrote:
Hi fellow CBS applicants

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I applied in early December and have yet to hear back.

I had the good fortune of hearing good news from another school this week and would have to submit my deposit by early 2019. Would it be detrimental to my chances to email Columbia admissions to let them know to nudge them into processing my application sooner?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
humblebot wrote:

I had the good fortune of hearing good news from another school this week and would have to submit my deposit by early 2019. Would it be detrimental to my chances to email Columbia admissions to let them know to nudge them into processing my application sooner?

humblebot

I personally feel it is quite normal to ask for expediting the process of your application, especially when you have an admit from others and the deposit deadlines are coming up. Just be aware that they might ask you for a proof of your other admits.
Intern
Intern
humblebot wrote:

Seems like they’re still getting through all the October applications.

Would you go to CBS without a doubt over this other school? If yes then definitely reach out to them

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
plmnkoijb wrote:
humblebot wrote:

Seems like they’re still getting through all the October applications.

Would you go to CBS without a doubt over this other school? If yes then definitely reach out to them

Not without a doubt no. It would depend on how the financial aid packages compare.
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hmm... I think it is a huge risk to do this and I would advise against it unless you are positive you are not going to hear from CBS in time. Because if I'm understanding you correctly, you are still waiting to hear about an interview -- not a final decision from CBS. I think it might come off as really presumptuous to think they would make an exception to their process and jump you ahead of others in their rolling process, interview you AND give you an offer and financial aid package in the timeframe you need in order for you to be able to compare. All of these programs really don't like making exceptions because then word will get out and everyone will start asking for exceptions and someone could claim some sort of bias.

In fact, I feel like it would annoy them to the point they might just ding you. Because in their minds they're going to think, "Well, if CBS was that important to you, why didn't you apply Early Decision or at least much earlier in the process?"

So I think you are probably best to just wait and see what happens and if anything, see if you can get a delay on your deposit for the other school IF you need it. But you also might have to just risk losing your deposit to the other school.

I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but I hope it is helpful.

Best of luck!

humblebot wrote:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have a couple of questions

1. If you receive an interview invite, how many days do you have to complete the interview?
2. Would anyone know when the AdCom goes on break for the holidays?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
Send PM
Kudos
anon4591 wrote:
I have a couple of questions

1. If you receive an interview invite, how many days do you have to complete the interview?
2. Would anyone know when the AdCom goes on break for the holidays?

In the interview invite email I received, they stated:

"We strongly suggest that you arrange your interview within two weeks of this invitation and complete your interview within one month from today. Keep in mind that in a rolling admissions process, it will be to your advantage to schedule your interview for the earliest date convenient for both you and your Ambassador."
Intern
Intern
got interview invite this AM. submitted late Oct
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Just received my interview invite!

I have the opportunity to interview with alumni in either Dubai or Mumbai.

Do you think there are any advantages/disadvantages of interviewing with someone from one city over the other? perhaps fewer interviews in Dubai?
Just wondering.

Originally posted by anon4591 on 17 Dec 2018, 14:52.
Last edited by anon4591 on 18 Dec 2018, 07:32, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts