Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 750 Q53 V36
GRE 1: Q170 V161
GPA: 3.65
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 750 Q53 V36
GRE 1: Q170 V161
GPA: 3.65
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GRE 1: Q166 V168
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
Loanme wrote:
Just submitted R2 LGO application, but because I my final video upload took forever I missed the 3pm EST deadline by about 10 minutes. Was still able to submit and it says everything is good. Think I should be concerned or reach out to admissions people to make sure? Would be a bummer to get disqualified for that..

Have you received an email confirming your application was successfully submitted? They automatically send it, if you don't receive it, try to email them to confirm. I don't think they would lose a potential candidate because of ten minutes (if they really wanted 3pm to be a hard stop, they would probably have blocked the website after that).

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
sunnysourav wrote:
Did anyone have a chance to take the interview? Would love to hear the experience?

Bit late to the party!
I applied to LGO R1 with ME, got interview invite on 25/10 and had the interview on 05/11 with Dawna in London.
Happy to share the experience with potential R2 interviewees in private :D
Now just fingers crossed for the decision next week!

My background: East Asian origin; Mech Eng Undergrad + Masters in the UK; 4 years Automotive work experience in Europe.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hi!
Does anyone know when are the 2nd round interview invites expected?
They say interviews will take place in late January - mid December, but they don't say anything about when the interview invitations are expected to be sent.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q1 V1
GRE 1: Q167 V166
GPA: 3.44
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I received an email indicating an update on the portal. Knowing what it was already I clicked through and found I had been rejected from both the LGO and the MBA program. Strange that this would come out so early, but it looks official enough. I was an R1 applicant.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hi,

I am very sorry to hear that. I also received an email and found out I am waitlisted to both LGO and MBA. Seems like they released LGO decisions earlier

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GRE 1: Q167 V164
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
Are you guys both round 1 applicants that got an interview I'm assuming???

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GRE 1: Q167 V164
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
I'm assuming its similar to round 1 where they give you a week's notice so mid January.

MaMM wrote:
Hi!
Does anyone know when are the 2nd round interview invites expected?
They say interviews will take place in late January - mid December, but they don't say anything about when the interview invitations are expected to be sent.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.83
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
gurakshun wrote:
I received an email indicating an update on the portal. Knowing what it was already I clicked through and found I had been rejected from both the LGO and the MBA program. Strange that this would come out so early, but it looks official enough. I was an R1 applicant.

Sorry to hear this :(. Are you going to try next year?

I am pretty much preparing to reapply next year. I’m the same as your “LGO or Bust”.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mavina89 wrote:
gurakshun wrote:

I am pretty much preparing to reapply next year. I’m the same as your “LGO or Bust”.

Thanks. I was obviously pretty disappointed about the result (not even a waitlist!) given that I was really happy with my application and my interview. Since they don't offer any feedback about why I would have been invited to interview and then completely rejected, I'm not sure there is a point to re-applying or, better stated, any reason why I wouldn't get the same outcome again without knowing what contributed to this result...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gurakshun wrote:
Mavina89 wrote:
gurakshun wrote:

Thanks. I was obviously pretty disappointed about the result (not even a waitlist!) given that I was really happy with my application and my interview. Since they don't offer any feedback about why I would have been invited to interview and then completely rejected, I'm not sure there is a point to re-applying or, better stated, any reason why I wouldn't get the same outcome again without knowing what contributed to this result...

I can see how frustrated that would be :(. Did Adcom say that they won't provide any feedbacks even later? I had the same feeling when I applied to another local MBA program 1 year ago (not M7 but top 20 MBA program). Great interview and all, but rejected. Came to find out during the feedback call 6 months later that base on my application they were afraid I might be a really Alpha-type person that might be toxic to the team I am leading. They were trying to seek specific clues from my interview that I am not that type, but didn't get what they wanted. Granted that was my very first application and I only started working in industry (I am also military) for 1.5 years. Now that I have been under such a "toxic leader" for the past 6 months, I understand what they are afraid of, also knowing that I am not the type they are afraid of...the key is not to make them think I am.

Hope you will come back next year and we can chat here again on the application experience :D. As long as I am not becoming a mom next year. :lol: :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mavina89 wrote:

I can see how frustrated that would be :(. Did Adcom say that they won't provide any feedbacks even later? I had the same feeling when I applied to another local MBA program 1 year ago (not M7 but top 20 MBA program). Great interview and all, but rejected. Came to find out during the feedback call 6 months later that base on my application they were afraid I might be a really Alpha-type person that might be toxic to the team I am leading. They were trying to seek specific clues from my interview that I am not that type, but didn't get what they wanted. Granted that was my very first application and I only started working in industry (I am also military) for 1.5 years. Now that I have been under such a "toxic leader" for the past 6 months, I understand what they are afraid of, also knowing that I am not the type they are afraid of...the key is not to make them think I am.

Hope you will come back next year and we can chat here again on the application experience :D. As long as I am not becoming a mom next year. :lol: :)

No, no indication that you get feedback from Sloan, even later. I have mixed feelings about your story, one one hand, it's good that they gave you such clear and actionable feedback later, on the other hand, what a silly reason to reject someone! If they were really concerned that you were an Alpha-toxic person, why wouldn't they have just asked pointed questions about it to know definitively rather than passively waiting for you to give them some clues without prompting?

I strongly doubt that I would be here again next year...like I said, I was really happy with my application and, before knowing the final result, wouldn't have changed a thing. So I don't know what I'd do differently next year to elicit a different result. Do you know what you would change if you were to reapply?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gurakshun wrote:
Mavina89 wrote:

No, no indication that you get feedback from Sloan, even later. I have mixed feelings about your story, one one hand, it's good that they gave you such clear and actionable feedback later, on the other hand, what a silly reason to reject someone! If they were really concerned that you were an Alpha-toxic person, why wouldn't they have just asked pointed questions about it to know definitively rather than passively waiting for you to give them some clues without prompting?

I strongly doubt that I would be here again next year...like I said, I was really happy with my application and, before knowing the final result, wouldn't have changed a thing. So I don't know what I'd do differently next year to elicit a different result. Do you know what you would change if you were to reapply?

I know. I felt similar when I heard the feedback. Interview and hiring systems are never perfect, just like this world. It mostly only means I didn’t show the quality they were looking for, not that I lack the quality.

For me, I have gained some significant promotion / experience /network boost after I submit my application, hence I will have a lot to rewrite as far as examples and recommendation letters if I am to reapply next year. It won’t change who I am and what’s goal I aim for, but will provide, um, better examples of my past success?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mavina89 wrote:

I know. I felt similar when I heard the feedback. Interview and hiring systems are never perfect, just like this world. It mostly only means I didn’t show the quality they were looking for, not that I lack the quality.

For me, I have gained some significant promotion / experience /network boost after I submit my application, hence I will have a lot to rewrite as far as examples and recommendation letters if I am to reapply next year. It won’t change who I am and what’s goal I aim for, but will provide, um, better examples of my past success?

Ah, sounds really good then that you're progressing at work while the application is pending. Best of luck to you! Feel free to PM me if you want.

Sincerely
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gurakshun wrote:
Mavina89 wrote:

Ah, sounds really good then that you're progressing at work while the application is pending. Best of luck to you! Feel free to PM me if you want.

Sincerely

Thanks, best wishes to your 2019 as well.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
So I found a list of events at Sloan here: applymitsloan.mit.edu/register/?c=&country=

I noticed that the MIT LGO interviews are listed as events on this list. Just out of curiosity, I clicked on one of the LGO interview events, and it prompted me to log in to my application account. After I logged in, this message came up: "You have already registered for an interview. Please cancel your interview before rescheduling. You can cancel by calling the LGO Admissions Office at 617-253-1055."

Does anyone know what this means? For reference, I was a R1 candidate and I was waitlisted. My application status hasn't changed since November 5, 2018.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
klwwbc wrote:
So I found a list of events at Sloan here: applymitsloan.mit.edu/register/?c=&country=

I noticed that the MIT LGO interviews are listed as events on this list. Just out of curiosity, I clicked on one of the LGO interview events, and it prompted me to log in to my application account. After I logged in, this message came up: "You have already registered for an interview. Please cancel your interview before rescheduling. You can cancel by calling the LGO Admissions Office at 617-253-1055."

Does anyone know what this means? For reference, I was a R1 candidate and I was waitlisted. My application status hasn't changed since November 5, 2018.

Interesting... I just logged and saw the same message. I’m the same round 1 waitlist without interview. Not sure what this means exactly. Could just be a website glitch.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Mavina89 wrote:
klwwbc wrote:

Interesting... I just logged and saw the same message. I’m the same round 1 waitlist without interview. Not sure what this means exactly. Could just be a website glitch.

I'm sure it is a computer glitch, but here's to hoping we are on the interview list! Anyone have any idea when waitlisted R1 candidates will get interview invites?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
WE:Operations (Health Care)
Send PM
Yup, it is a glitch. I am a R2 applicant and I see it too!

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts