Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Simon '21 (S)
Send PM
Re: Which B-schools to target with a score of 690? [#permalink]
Hi,

Background and nationality: Indian Male

Undergrad Information: B Tech Mechanical Engineering from SASTRA University. GPA of 7.48
School: 12th -95% and 10th- 88%

GMAT: Expecting a score of 700

Work experience and leadership:
1) Worked for 2 years in Teach for India (an NGO) from May 2016 to April 2018 as a teaching fellow. Gave me the opportunity to teach kids of grades 4, 5 and 6. Through the 2 years works in many classrooms and community development projects to expose the kids to the outside world. Led a data-driven classroom that caters to the need of all 49 kids. Had rigorous learning plans in parallel to holistic exams that test their skills, used this data religiously to plan or replan for the next lessons. Had a partnership with ASTEP ( Artists striving to end poverty) and had a Broadway actor to teach drama and mime to the class to help them better express themselves. The kids used this to present a mime in their community about a prevalent issue of Alcoholism. Conducted 2 citywide cultural and sports festival for 4000 kids. WAs in charge of events and logistics for the fest.
2) From May 2018 to October 2018 worked as a Business Analyst for a for-profit education startup. Did analysis of customer data to find patterns and maximize customer retention. Increased customer retention by using targeted schemes and offers. Also in charge of sales, partnering with various schools to get them to use our products. Maximized the customer base for the city and have established strong long-term partnerships.
3) November and December, working part-time with same ed startup for Content Development for higher grades (8th to 12th )

Extra Curricular: Was a part of the college theatre team and have won many awards. Volunteered with an NGO Bhumi during college. Have helped conduct 3 teacher training camps and a month-long student empowerment camp in rural India. Worked with an NGO to increase volunteer retention rate and help maximize the number of volunteers per event.

I would like to know what B Schools I should target with my profile.

Also is there anything specific I should look out for in the application or interview?

Thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Which B-schools to target with a score of 690? [#permalink]