Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [4]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GRE 1: Q155 V165
GPA: 3.87
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling McCombs (UT Austin) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake)Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
McCombs DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Waitlisted, 9 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:730 (Q50 V38), GPA: 3.13, Industry: Retail, WE 60, heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 14 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:660, Industry: Hospitality and Tourism, WE 66, heard via: phone
  • Denied, 42 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:730 (Q47 V44), GPA: 2.87, heard via: portal_update
  • Denied, 48 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:740 (Q51 V38), GPA: 3.3, Industry: Manufacturing, WE 84, heard via: email
  • Denied, 54 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:720 (Q50 V37), GPA: 2.91, Industry: Consulting, WE 84, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling McCombs (UT Austin) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake)Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
McCombs DECISION TRACKER

• Admitted, 5 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:720, Industry: Consulting, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 23 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:740 (Q51 V38), Industry: Computer Software, WE 50, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
McCombs DECISION TRACKER

• Admitted, 15 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:760 (Q49 V45), GPA: 3.37, Industry: Internet and New Media, WE 84, heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 20 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:710 (Q47 V40), GPA: 3.59, Industry: Computer Software, WE 78, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
McCombs DECISION TRACKER

• Admitted, 44 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:750 (Q50 V41), Industry: Computer Software, WE 52, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 1 hour ago, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
In! Just got the call. My first admit in this season and thrilled to be a part of 2021.

Feel free to reach out to me in case I can help out with any part of the process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GRE 1: Q160 V161
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
Hi guys! forgive me if this is a silly question, but here goes - I've taken both the GRE and the GMAT. According to their website, my GMAT score is slightly below average, but my GRE score is a bit above average. Would it be crazy for me to think that I stand a better chance at being admitted using my GRE score as opposed to the GMAT one?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
corgigal wrote:
Hi guys! forgive me if this is a silly question, but here goes - I've taken both the GRE and the GMAT. According to their website, my GMAT score is slightly below average, but my GRE score is a bit above average. Would it be crazy for me to think that I stand a better chance at being admitted using my GRE score as opposed to the GMAT one?

corgigal

Did you try this scale and see how your GRE score compares to GMAT? If they are almost same, I would submit the score with better percentile in Quant, verbal and total.

Also, did you check with the adcom if you can submit both GMAT and GRE?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
workout wrote:
corgigal wrote:

corgigal

Did you try this scale and see how your GRE score compares to GMAT? If they are almost same, I would submit the score with better percentile in Quant, verbal and total.

Also, did you check with the adcom if you can submit both GMAT and GRE?

I did, and what's odd about it is that according to that scale my GMAT score is better. For reference, my GMAT is 680 (heavily weighed towards verbal I'm afraid), my GRE is 161/160. For McCombs, according to their website, the average GMAT is 703 and the average GRE is 159/158.

I did not ask anyone from admissions. Their form allows me to submit both scores but it asks me which one they want me to take into consideration. Would it be unprofessional to ask them which score I should submit?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
corgigal wrote:
I did, and what's odd about it is that according to that scale my GMAT score is better. For reference, my GMAT is 680 (heavily weighed towards verbal I'm afraid), my GRE is 161/160. For McCombs, according to their website, the average GMAT is 703 and the average GRE is 159/158.

I did not ask anyone from admissions. Their form allows me to submit both scores but it asks me which one they want me to take into consideration. Would it be unprofessional to ask them which score I should submit?

corgigal

Your GRE score sounds better than your GMAT since you have similar scores in Quant and Verbal and also above the school's average GRE. I would submit both the scores and pick GRE. I also don't think it is unprofessional to ask the admission committee about which one you should submit. I am sure they must have faced a similar scenario in the past and they should be able to guide you better.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
workout wrote:
corgigal wrote:

corgigal

Your GRE score sounds better than your GMAT since you have similar scores in Quant and Verbal and also above the school's average GRE. I would submit both the scores and pick GRE. I also don't think it is unprofessional to ask the admission committee about which one you should submit. I am sure they must have faced a similar scenario in the past and they should be able to guide you better.

If I were you, I would have applied with GRE score because your GRE is greater than the average GRE scores of their admits. It's also more balanced than the GMAT score.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Narenn wrote:

If I were you, I would have applied with GRE score because your GRE is greater than the average GRE scores of their admits. It's also more balanced than the GMAT score.

workout wrote:

Thanks guys! My first application (out of 5 schools) is due tomorrow so all of this is pretty nerve wracking (and exciting). Haven't applied to anything since college more than 10 years ago so I'm a little out of practice.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
corgigal wrote:
Thanks guys! My first application (out of 5 schools) is due tomorrow so all of this is pretty nerve wracking (and exciting). Haven't applied to anything since college more than 10 years ago so I'm a little out of practice.

corgigal

Please consider adding these schools to your profile and update their status accordingly. It helps us with the analysis in the decision tracker.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
workout wrote:
corgigal wrote:

corgigal

Please consider adding these schools to your profile and update their status accordingly. It helps us with the analysis in the decision tracker.

I added them, now to just cross my fingers and hope for the best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q42 V50
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Insurance)
Send PM
Hey folks, Max here from class 2020. If you have any questions about the program, feel free to ask!
for those of you who are internationals and planning to come here with spouses and newborns/infants, i am happy to share my experience. Hook 'em!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Kudos
A new McCombs Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mccombs-203/interview_debrief.html#debrief-763
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 174
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
mrsonmax wrote:
Hey folks, Max here from class 2020. If you have any questions about the program, feel free to ask!
for those of you who are internationals and planning to come here with spouses and newborns/infants, i am happy to share my experience. Hook 'em!

Hello Max,
I had had submitted my application for r2 11 hours before the deadline. Today, I could finally see my application on the UT direct portal. It's mentioned there that
"For your application for admission to be complete, you must submit a nonrefundable application fee (or request a fee waiver) by the application deadline. You may pay your fee online by credit card (MasterCard or Discover), electronic check (eCheck), or bank draft (electronic funds transfer) from a U.S. bank. The amount of the fee is dependent on the type of application you submit."

My query is that has my window to make the payment gone by as its past the application deadline? I have written to Ad-coms as well regarding the same. It would be great if anyone else, who has been in as similar situation, could advise me on this matter.

Hook'em!
Anuj
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Hi Anuj,

I had applied in R1. After submitting my app, I got an email with the application next steps. The first point was as below.

"1. Log into your GIAC MyStatus Page to pay your application fee.
1-2 business days after application submission, your application will load with the Graduate and International Admissions Center (GIAC) and your invoice will be available. If you qualify for a fee waiver, do NOT pay the application fee. Your waiver will be processed in 7-10 business days. Once paid, application fees cannot be refunded."

If you're making the payment within 1-2 days of the deadline, that's fine, I guess. But it would still be safe to await confirmation from Adcom. Better you give them a call.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
anuj.bit2k10 wrote:
mrsonmax wrote:

Hello Max,
I had had submitted my application for r2 11 hours before the deadline. Today, I could finally see my application on the UT direct portal. It's mentioned there that
"For your application for admission to be complete, you must submit a nonrefundable application fee (or request a fee waiver) by the application deadline. You may pay your fee online by credit card (MasterCard or Discover), electronic check (eCheck), or bank draft (electronic funds transfer) from a U.S. bank. The amount of the fee is dependent on the type of application you submit."

My query is that has my window to make the payment gone by as its past the application deadline? I have written to Ad-coms as well regarding the same. It would be great if anyone else, who has been in as similar situation, could advise me on this matter.

Hook'em!
Anuj

Anuj,

I also submitted my application close to the deadline and only paid for it the day after. However, I received an email telling me specifically that my Round 2 Application was processing so I believe as long as it was submitted by the deadline, that's what really matters. I mean, I had my official transcript ready to go and was ready to pay, but if their system takes 24-48 hours to give me the option to submit those things, I don't think I would be penalized, but let me know if you find out different.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts