Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [1]
Given Kudos: 156
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.84
WE:Operations (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q42 V51
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 166
Send PM
Re: Calling all Broad (Michigan) MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake)Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Thank you all so much. I did not find any spam email. Hope that I will get the email invitation soon.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.04
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Broad (Michigan) MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake)Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Hi,
Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for the admitted students?
Admitted
14 Jan, 2019
21 Jan 2019, 14:32
golfzerodelta GMAT: 720, Q44, V45; GPA: 3.38; WE: 67 months; United States; via Phone
Interviewed ahead of R2 deadline at campus event. [#permalink]
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
TA89 wrote:
Hi,
Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for the admitted students?

TA89

Check the following link.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/broad-michig ... l#p2195625
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
Got an invite from Broad. Really excited. Admits and applicants , can you shed some light on how the interview is? What to expect?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Mick1005 wrote:
Got an invite from Broad. Really excited. Admits and applicants , can you shed some light on how the interview is? What to expect?

Congratulations Mick1005 Did you check this link? https://gmatclub.com/forum/broad-michig ... brief.html
Manager
Manager
Send PM
workout wrote:
Mick1005 wrote:

Congratulations Mick1005 Did you check this link? https://gmatclub.com/forum/broad-michig ... brief.html

Thanks workout
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.31
WE:Other (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V45
GPA: 3.38
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Kudos
Mick1005 wrote:

I did my interview at an on-campus event in December with a student.

Pretty straightforward intro questions - goals, why MSU, what concentration in the Broad program interests you.

We were crunched for time so I only had 2 other questions to leave room for my questions:

- Tell me about a time you had to work extra/long hours and what was the outcome? (something along those lines; can't remember exactly)
- What company do you like and tell me 3 reasons you admire the company?

I think there's some other pretty good interview reports elsewhere on GMAT Club.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
I still haven't received an interview invite yet. Is it safe to to assume its over for R2 candidates?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
sinaga1211 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Can you please share your experience with MBA application in-person interview at MSU ?

Thanks
Suzanne

sinaga1211

Check here https://gmatclub.com/forum/broad-michig ... brief.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone, I just finished my interview today. It lasted around 20 minutes. I answered 4-5 questions (why now, leadership style, how to approach a teamwork project if you are just team member, professional strength) within 10-12 minutes and had Q&A around 5-7 minutes. I'm not sure if I messed up with my interview or not :( because it's such a short time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone. Just got an admit decision via email. No mention of scholarship though.

It just says the graduate school will "finalize action on this recommendation upon review of your official academic records. This includes verification of your undergraduate degree credentials and residency status (and for international students only the statement of financial proof). You will receive an official admission letter from Michigan State University upon conclusion of this process".

By "finalize action", do they mean scholarship and admission processing?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
masterforceII wrote:
Hi everyone. Just got an admit decision via email. No mention of scholarship though.

It just says the graduate school will "finalize action on this recommendation upon review of your official academic records. This includes verification of your undergraduate degree credentials and residency status (and for international students only the statement of financial proof). You will receive an official admission letter from Michigan State University upon conclusion of this process".

Congratzzz,
May I know when you interviewed with Broad? And which round did you apply for?

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mbaapplicant2019 wrote:
masterforceII wrote:

Congratzzz,
May I know when you interviewed with Broad? And which round did you apply for?

Thank you.

Thank you. I interviewed on the 1st of February. Applied for round 2.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
masterforceII wrote:

From their website https://mba.broad.msu.edu/cost/scholarships/merit/:

"Notification of a fellowship award for incoming students follows an offer of admission. Fellowships typically range from $2,000 to $31,000 per year for two years. Criteria used to award fellowships and graduate assistantships to entering students include:

Strong Standardized test scores
Qualified work experience
An excellent undergraduate GPA
Evaluative Interview
MBA Program Goals"

Received my admission this morning via portal update. Applied 12/30, interviewed 1/22. Received an email this morning indicating a decision had been made and instructing me to log into the portal where there was an acceptance letter waiting for me.

I will wait to hear about potential scholarship information, and will need to ask for an extension as their deadline is before the decision date for any of my other schools.

Good luck everyone, hope to see some of you at Broad or elsewhere this fall!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I interviewed with Scott on 7th. It has been 2 weeks now since my interview and haven't heard back from them since. I am losing hope by the day.Is it a ding for me? Although Scott did mention they may take upto 3 weeks after the interview.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts