Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [4]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA: 2019 Intake [#permalink]
Submitted app day before deadline, received interview invite on Thursday Jan 10th. Quick turnaround.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA: 2019 Intake [#permalink]
Is there any international candidate who got the interview invite without getting video essay invite?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Are any candidates accepted without an interview? Or does every candidate under serious consideration receive an interview request?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
WinstonChurchill wrote:
Are any candidates accepted without an interview? Or does every candidate under serious consideration receive an interview request?

Dude, every one has to give interview to get admitted. No one is accepted without interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hmm. I'm aware of other B Schools that don't interview every candidate who is accepted. It's just logistically not possible. Those schools only interview those lagging in some areas of application or speak English as a second language. Was not sure if Mendoza worked the same way with selective interviews.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Got my Kira Video invite on Saturday. I finished the video interview today at 18:41 hrs Local time (IST) and at 19:41 (IST), I received an Interview Invite.

Any sources on how to prepare? I will schedule a zoom interview. This allows me to choose as per my convenience right?

Regards,
HK
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
WinstonChurchill wrote:
Hmm. I'm aware of other B Schools that don't interview every candidate who is accepted. It's just logistically not possible. Those schools only interview those lagging in some areas of application or speak English as a second language. Was not sure if Mendoza worked the same way with selective interviews.

There's a difference between the Kira interview and an actual interview. Kira interview is them trying to learn if you speak English well enough. An actual interview is either on campus or via Skype/Online - I've never heard of a reputable program not actually interviewing a candidate before admitting them.
VP
VP
Send PM
Hey Narenn

Any leads on how to prepare for the interview? Scheduled my interview on the 30th. Also no debriefs posted? Is the activity on this thread less than what it was last year?

regards,
HK
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Naman5772 wrote:
Is there any international candidate who got the interview invite without getting video essay invite?

Received interview invite yesterday without any Kira invite.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Got my Kira Video invite on Saturday. I finished the video interview today at 18:41 hrs Local time (IST) and at 19:41 (IST), I received an Interview Invite.

Any sources on how to prepare? I will schedule a zoom interview. This allows me to choose as per my convenience right?

Regards,
HK

I have heard that second year student takes the interview

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
Send PM
Got an interview invite on 15th January without any Kira video interview
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Dinkar1910 wrote:
Narenn wrote:
Dinkar1910 wrote:
Hello all,
I received an e-mail mentioning Video assessment invite for Notre Dame.
Does it mean that I have been shortlisted for an interview or it is just a part of an application ?

Video assessment is different from the interview. Check this post from last year's discussion for more info https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p2015542

Thanks Narenn for the link and clearing my doubt.

Hi Dinkar! Can you please share you interview experience (not the video essay) with everyone, so we can get some insights into the process.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
ameyakarnalkar wrote:
ChuckieWildfire wrote:
Just received a call from the Director of Admissions to inform me I have been accepted. She said that official letters would be going out tomorrow!

Me too! Super excited :D

Hi Ameya,

I am unable to find any interview debriefs on any of the Mendoza pages. Therefore, can you please provide me some insights about the interview procedure so I can prepare accordingly? It would be of great help.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Hi All,

I have been admitted to the Mendoza MBA program and I have already accepted the offer.
I'm looking to create a https://gmatclub.com/chat group (Or if any of you are aware of any existing groups please add me there). Please DM me if interested.

All the best to folks waiting for a decision. Cheers!
VP
VP
Send PM
Arasa wrote:
Hi All,

I have been admitted to the Mendoza MBA program and I have already accepted the offer.
I'm looking to create a https://gmatclub.com/chat group (Or if any of you are aware of any existing groups please add me there). Please DM me if interested.

Congrats :)

Can you tell us how your interview went? What questions were asked?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Kudos
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Arasa wrote:
Hi All,

Congrats :)

Can you tell us how your interview went? What questions were asked?

Thank you :)

I applied within the first round deadline and I was interviewed in November.
I'm a reapplicant and I was wait-listed last year, so my interview was centred around how my candidature improved compared to last year.
Besides this, my interviewer asked me to walk her through my resume followed by questions about teamwork, leadership and behavioural questions such as 'how I would help a struggling teammate', 'how I handled differences in opinion with my manager/senior stakeholder', 'how I handled an ethical dilemma' and so on.

There was also a case question and I was given about 10 minutes to come up with a solution.

The interviewer was very friendly and encouraging. The overall tone of the interview was fantastic and it was an informal conversation of sorts.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Got interview invitee 4 days back. I also could not locate interview debbriefs. Ameeya can you share your experience?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Arasa wrote:
Hi All,

Do you or does anyone else know when they usually send the notification out? Is it ever prior to the decision date? When were you notified?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts