Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:24 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.83
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [2]
Given Kudos: 51
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V49
GPA: 3.5
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
I didn't send my official scores. I had shot them a mail asking if it is necessary and the adcom team had replied saying that they will need it in case of admission and they can start their review without it.

Can anyone confirm if this is not true?

gunster wrote:
shah8 wrote:
pupingmano wrote:
Does anyone know if we could send our gmat score in after the deadline?

I have just realized that you need to send official scores to Kellogg, per the application and website but I am nervous these official scores won't be received before the 1/9 deadline. Is this going to be a real problem? Should I speak to Adcom?

I would shoot Adcom an email about it but as far as I know I don't think they're that stringent about it.

I actually forgot in R1 to send official scores as well and did it a week before hand. I believe there was a previous Gmatclub post a few years back about how Kellogg took in official scores after the deadline. Personally, my application updated in 4 days to show that they received my GMAT. However, don't quote me on this - I'd send an email to admissions just in case.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
anulfc wrote:
I didn't send my official scores. I had shot them a mail asking if it is necessary and the adcom team had replied saying that they will need it in case of admission and they can start their review without it.

If the adcom replied so and was clear about it why are you doubting the adcom? If I were the adcom I would feel pretty offended that you don't trust me and that I had wasted my time responding to your inquiry.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
It was just a panic-stricken response and was more to double check that I have the right information. But I get your point.

tadada50 wrote:
anulfc wrote:

If the adcom replied so and was clear about it why are you doubting the adcom? If I were the adcom I would feel pretty offended that you don't trust me and that I had wasted my time responding to your inquiry.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools: Oxford"20 (I)
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Haven't heard anything since Round 2 Submission, either Interview or Denial.

Has anyone else just heard crickets since submission?

Did receive a confirmation for submission of application (to the earlier conversations on here)

Thanks,
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Nothing so far. Livewire was showing that a couple of people have received invites but I don't think they are done with the first batch yet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
GPA: 3.66
WE:Marketing (Real Estate)
Send PM
Can anyone (students or admission counsellors) here suggest whether applying in Round 3 for an International applicant is recommended?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.98
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Have any Round 2 applicants, who requested off-campus interviews, received an interview invitation? Hoping to figure out a timeline. Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
bschoolapp1 wrote:
Have any Round 2 applicants, who requested off-campus interviews, received an interview invitation? Hoping to figure out a timeline. Thanks in advance!

You're US-based, right? I'm US-based as well, and I've been matched with an off-campus interviewer. I wonder if they space the invitations out so that alumni aren't having to perform lots of back-to-back interviews?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yep, I'm based in NY right now. I'm not sure if it's just by invitation-only or if there is just a delay in finding a local off-campus interviewer. Figured I'd check here before contacting Kellogg directly. I also remember a note saying it could be anywhere for 4-6 weeks after the application deadline, so I don't want to come across as impatient, although I am anxious about not hearing anything.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
bschoolapp1 wrote:

I have been matched with an Alumni for off-campus interview. Got that invitation on 1/18
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
bschoolapp1 wrote:
Yep, I'm based in NY right now. I'm not sure if it's just by invitation-only or if there is just a delay in finding a local off-campus interviewer. Figured I'd check here before contacting Kellogg directly. I also remember a note saying it could be anywhere for 4-6 weeks after the application deadline, so I don't want to come across as impatient, although I am anxious about not hearing anything.

I bet it's a spacing thing. They give us a pretty tight turnaround time to complete the interview (2 weeks), and I bet it's so that alumni can space interviews out instead of having lots back to back. From everything I've heard, Kellogg interviews all domestic applicants, so you don't have to worry about not receiving an invitation.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Then I'll hold of on contacting them. Thanks and good luck with your interview!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
Send PM
bschoolapp1 wrote:

I'm a R2 International applicant (based in Hong Kong), and I've just been matched for an alumni interview here.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Kellogg DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Invited to interview, 29 minutes ago, from Malaysia, GMAT:710 (Q48 V39), GPA: 3.63, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 33 minutes ago, from Hong Kong, GMAT:720 (Q47 V41), GPA: 3.09, Industry: Internet and New Media, WE 48, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
Send PM
Is there any way to know from Kellogg's website about the status of the application?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
1siriusblack wrote:
Is there any way to know from Kellogg's website about the status of the application?

If there is any change in your application status, it will appear as 'Status Update' in the application portal. You can find it on the top of the page, immediately below your name.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
shruti.shambhavi wrote:
Can anyone (students or admission counsellors) here suggest whether applying in Round 3 for an International applicant is recommended?

To quote an Adcom, applying in third round is "discouraged". The logical reason is that you will have a very tight margin between the decision date and the school landing date (when you step into the incoming class). You will be squeezed for time to get everything in place including your F1 Visa. Moreover, R3 is highly competitive as the class is nearly filled already. All that said, if you feel that you are extremely competitive and can force your way into the class by putting up a great application, there's nobody stopping you. But, my personal opinion would be to sit out this year and apply early next year in R1. All the Best! :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts