Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:06 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Youth and Elections [#permalink]
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: Youth and Elections
Elections are the perfect example of unpredictability. When elections happen in the largest democracy of the world, it is indeed a big affair. Increasingly adding to the unpredictability factor is the young electorate, comprising of educated youth and first-time voters; people who not only form the much-talked-about demographic dividend that will boost India to greatness but also come with very little political baggage or affiliations, thereby giving political parties the opportunity to garner steadfast loyalty from these young minds.

The Census of 2011 forecasts that about 2 Crore Indians turn 18 annually. Eight years down the line, when elections come around this year, this number could easily be upward of 10 Crore. This is a segment no political party can afford to dismiss. First-time voters exhibit characteristics significantly different from other voters. They are educated, tech-savvy and highly aware; they have the potential to create a profound impact on their social networks by taking the role of influencers or promoters. They leverage social media to the most substantial extent and are capable of generating large ripples through network effects.

Cheap smartphones and the high pervasion of 4G are likely to be game-changers in elections 2019. It is predicted that political parties will also leverage social media like never before – video content, https://gmatclub.com/chat and Twitter posts will be catalysts in wooing media-savvy, young voters.

As responsible, aware citizens, the onus is on the youth to make informed decisions. Young voters need to first be cognizant of the fact that we live in a flourishing democracy which ensures freedom of thought to every person who calls this nation home. This said, exercising caution while expressing one’s views and constraint while commenting on others’ views (which may be contrary to one’s own) will go a long way in ensuring that our democracy remains genuinely functional. It also becomes extremely crucial for young voters to make informed choices before voting. They need to identify leaders and political parties not because their peers support them, instead because their views align. It is imperative that young voters do not fall into the trap of peer pressure for this leads to our democracy becoming dysfunctional in the long run.

In a democracy, the voice of every individual counts. For India to truly achieve development, the demographic dividend has to be harnessed to its fullest potential. The first step to this endeavour is an informed, educated vote.

#NationalYouthDay

About the Author:

Shabala Natarajan is a software engineer from Amrita University. An engineer in the head and an artist by heart, Shabala practices fusions of Renaissance art styles and experiments with Chiaroscuro and Cangiante. She has three years of experience in software development and product management, especially in Business Intelligence software.

A passionate polyglot, Shabala loves travelling, exploring new cultures and learning languages. She heads the International Cultures and Exposure SIG at ISB.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Reforms the youth need in the nation [#permalink]
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: Reforms the youth need in the nation
Based on my own experience, I believe, India needs two critical reforms: Technical Education and Judicial Reform.

Even though we churn out high numbers of engineers and diploma graduates, they lack basic technical skills and couldn’t be employed by the industry in various occupations as such. This lacuna between industry demanded skills and the skillset of educated youth lead to the high unemployment among the youth, since the industry players don’t want to experiment with an unskilled workforce, and even if they would, they hire top students from premier institutes.

To address this issue, India should have a vocational training system, wherein the students spend 2 to 3 days a week to learn the practical foundations of occupation. Whereas on the other days of week job-specific theoretical concepts are taught in school. This system can be adopted not only for engineers but also for diploma and ITI students. To implement this system at a central level, a partnership between the government, institutes and industry needs to be established to create a win-win situation for each party involved.

Further, enforcing legal rights is an essential part of the innovation led system. Without this entrepreneur feel shortchanged, and further innovation stifles in the country. The major bottleneck to achieving this is the capacity. There are upwards of 2.5 crore cases still pending and many because of the long-drawn judicial process are never filed or reported.

To address this, firstly, a high number of judges, with no compromise on integrity and quality, need to be recruited. This is a challenging task, but a merit-based formula similar to UPSC can be looked at. Second, for commercial issues such as property rights, etc. separate commercial courts, than having a common court which upholds all nature of laws, shall be established to take up such cases in a faster and efficient manner. Third, by use of technology, the court process can be digitalised entirely, reducing the turnaround time of cases.

#NationalYouthDay

About the author:

Nitin Goyal is a current PGP student at the Indian School of Business. Pre-ISB Nitin has seven years of diverse corporate experience ranging from Business development, project management, corporate strategy across six countries. Nitin is also an avid Formula 1 fan and a yoga enthusiast.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
A first-time voter in a fostering democracy [#permalink]
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: A first-time voter in a fostering democracy
It is estimated that every year about 20 million citizens in India turn 18. In 2014, approximately 150 million were eligible to vote in the Lok Sabha elections for the first time in their lives. In 2019, that number is expected to rise to about 160 million. And the total population of the country between the ages of 18 to 35 is estimated to be more than 400 million.

The drivers of the voting behaviour of this age group are expected to be different from their parent’s or grandparent’s generation, and many experts have touted them as a key voter group whose votes can be swung and who will play a crucial role in deciding the outcome of the election.

In this digital age, with access to information (and misinformation) being enabled to a great extent, given the growing internet penetration, an informed voter is much more probable than ever before. So how should someone who would be voting for the first time in a general election cast her/his vote? There is no easy answer to this question.

Party vs Candidate vs Leader – This is a dilemma all of us face. People who have voted two or more times, usually have their affiliations with some party and the first-time voters tend to vote based on issues, leaders. The anti-defection law in India makes it difficult for the educated voter to vote for the candidate over the party as the candidate would be unable to break the rank and file of the party. I rank the candidate first then the party but looking at 2014 some might feel the leader is paramount. Hence, I believe that our forefathers who debated whether we should adopt a presidential democracy or a parliamentary democracy chose the latter for a reason.

While choosing the candidate, a lot more is known to the corner chai wala or Pan Shop about her/his actual reputation than what is publicised. So, I would encourage everyone to discuss, debate and have a dialogue with peers, neighbours and relatives to ensure not only that you have considered as much information as possible but also to encourage this culture of debating issues and having a constructive dialogue that epitomises democracy.

#NationalYouthDay

About the Author:

Shreyas Habbu, PGP 2019, Heads the Public Policy Club at ISB. Having worked as a political consultant and as a Fellow to the Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Shreyas enjoys having conversations about politics, government and policies of the government.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Updates on Family Business [#permalink]
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: Updates on Family Business
Wealth to enrich others! What money means to billionaire Kiran Mazumdar Shaw

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/magazines/panache/wealth-to-enrich-others-what-money-means-to-billionaire-kiran-mazumdar-shaw/articleshow/67316946.cms

How This Third-Generation Family Business Has Minted 70 Millionaires

https://www.inc.com/christine-lagorio/how-this-third-generation-family-business-has-minted-70-millionaires.html?cid=search

Succession planning: Don’t let your family business crumble

https://realbusiness.co.uk/succession-planning-family-business/

Leadership and Team Management in a Family Business

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/324280
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Staying alive: A fireside chat on success of family businesses –

//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/67826271.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Times they are a-changin’: Legacy of Chinese-Indonesian family businesses –https://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2019/02/04/times-they-are-a-changin-legacy-of-chinese-indonesian-family-businesses.html

91 pc family businesses expect to grow in 2yrs – https://www.thedailystar.net/business/news/91pc-family-businesses-expect-grow-2yrs-1695445

The Internet of Things: How Tomorrow’s Technology Affects Family Business 

https://www.campdenfb.com/article/internet-things-how-tomorrow-s-technology-affects-family-business
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
7th Asian Invitational Conference on Family Business, Feb 1 -3,2019 [#permalink]
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ISB’s radio journey so far… [#permalink]
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: ISB’s radio journey so far…
Radio brings along nostalgia of old days, cheap thrills of hearing your favourite song play or even hear your name play out. We cherish the same emotion, here at Iisb – one event, one song, one show at a time.

https://blogs.isb.edu/student-blog/files/2019/02/Abhishank-and-snehil_Sonic-branding-hyd.mp3

We, Class of 2019, started our Radio journey with an anti-FOMO Mission, and thus, to empower every individual of the community, we named it Iisb. Ever since it has been a roller coaster ride. The Radio club is functional at both our campuses.

We started playing our favourite tunes on the radio. Our exam playlists have been well appreciated by the ISB Junta. Soon, we started covering the speaker sessions conducted by the various clubs. We believe speaker sessions are essential and thus if people listen to it on the radio, they will understand the value and prefer attending the next session(s).

[img]https://blogs.isb.edu/student-blog/files/2019/02/https://gmatclub.com/chat-Image-2018-12-27-at-12.26.36-PM-1-300x225.jpeg[/img]

Every week, barring the exam weeks, we host an event called ‘Campus Samachaar’ where we have ISB folks speak their heart out about key highlights of their week. We also host faculty interviews in our segment ‘Humans of ISB’ wherein one of our RJ tries to explore facts about the faculty, which we don’t find in a classroom. We also have a segment ‘Let’s talk’ where we talk about some of the big-ticket events: Pride Parade, Aikya, ISL, Advaita, etc.

We have now started a segment called ‘ISB Bakra’ with our very own GSB President Nitya Samuel. We also have ‘Fireside Chat Session’, a speaker series with prominent faculty/ business leaders/ distinguished personalities in their field. Along with the show host Mohit Ambawani, who was instrumental in interviews at ILS summit at Mohali, we have a brief 20-30 minutes session on their life journey, their article analysis and some knowledge sharing session for the ISB community. An exclusive show by Radio Club, the event has seen interests from not only cohort of PGP but also with faculty and staff at ISB.

‘In Conversation with’, a program made for and by the PGP cohort on their campus life, their journey before and in ISB, their plans post ISB [img]https://blogs.isb.edu/student-blog/files/2019/02/20181013_010813-300x153.jpg[/img]
and the general happenings on the campus. Starting with GSB at initial guests, the program is planned to bring many other cohorts on the Radio to speak upon their views regarding the current state of affairs and the global issues along with everyday mundanity.

The APP

On October 10, 2018, Professor Ramabhadran S. Thirumalai, Senior Associate Dean, Academic Programmes officially launched the Radio app.

The Radio app helps us in the following three ways:

• Data analytics: Helps us track the subscribers; their numbers and average time spent
  • Convenience to users: An app is far better than copy-pasting a link
  • Reduce spams: Notifications will help us target our listeners about our events
We are in the final stage of testing, and the app will be released very soon for both Android and iOS.

#WorldRadioDay
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Bhujia to billions: Ganga Bhishen’s Haldiram’s has now become $3 bn biz empire – //economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/67992895.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Family Businesses: Heeding the Call of Corporate Conscience –https://www.tharawat-magazine.com/facts/corporate-social-responsibility-obligations/

Changing of the guard for family business –https://www.southburnetttimes.com.au/news/changing-of-the-guard-for-family-business/3642881/

Family businesses thrive on values, innovation –https://www.thedailystar.net/business/news/family-businesses-thrive-values-innovation-1695850

Family Businesses Dominate list of Britain’s Highest Taxpayers – https://www.campdenfb.com/article/family-businesses-dominate-list-britain-s-highest-taxpayers
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Borosil: Toughened glass

https://www.forbesindia.com/article/family-business/borosil-toughened-glass/52581/1

Philanthropy in India focuses on one’s roots, progresses to the community, and usually remains low-key 

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/company/corporate-trends/philanthropy-in-india-focuses-on-ones-roots-progresses-to-the-community-and-usually-remains-low-key/articleshow/68161607.cms

Family businesses: Tripping at three

https://www.forbesindia.com/article/family-business/family-businesses-tripping-at-three/52567/1

How Asian Family Businesses Respond To Three Global Family Office Challenges

https://www.forbes.com/sites/francoisbotha/2019/02/28/how-asian-family-businesses-respond-to-three-global-family-office-challenges/#2c0bbeb833a7
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Embrace Imbalance, Too [#permalink]
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: Embrace Imbalance, Too
As children, regardless of gender, we learn to balance the demands on our time– homework, extracurricular activities, playtime, hobbies. Other responsibilities slowly get added to the mix: chores, errands, earning opportunities. Adulting thus becomes synonymous to striking a balance. Unfortunately, adulting also means coming to terms with the fact that gender can matter when talking about work-life balance, especially when you are a woman.

Working women are likely to consider extraneous factors and not just the job role while taking professional decisions. Does the work require travel, shift times, or conference calls at non-typical work hours? What is my commute time and the transportation mode? What about safety? Will I have enough time for household responsibilities, and perhaps also for socialization, hobbies, fitness, and other personal pursuits? The crucial question becomes the cost-benefit balance: does the income or job satisfaction offer enough incentives for me to consider what I might have to endure or sacrifice?

When women choose to work, they might still be signing up for confronting traditional gender roles and stereotyping. For example, research finds that men and women prepare for and conduct their international business travel differently. No prizes for guessing which gender spends as much time as possible in preparation and as little time as possible in travel. Indra Nooyi has immortalized the working woman’s dilemma with her anecdote of needing to go get milk for the family after announcing at home that she had been named Pepsico CEO.

The 2019 International Women’s Day theme is #Balance for Better. It might mean standing up to your family and taking that international assignment. It might mean Skyping in for your child’s stage performance. And it could also mean being comfortable with imbalance once in a while. It could mean losing the burden of guilt and the pressure you face in your “Wonder Woman” balancing act. It could mean asking the family to eat yoghurt for one day instead of going out to get that milk.

Yogini Joglekar
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Love Thy Mentor [#permalink]
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: Love Thy Mentor
WEI has been off to a great start in 2019, with an exciting research project on women mentorship at a Fortune 500 company. With our research, we are aiming to investigate the current status of Indian women in technology. Why this sub-population? The general sense from our mentees was that women engineering students are very sincere and hardworking but male students by virtue of the culture, social norms get more opportunities. We wanted to explore the gender gap in tech starting at the education phase.

Our preliminary findings show that senior women leaders in tech serve as strong role models for female engineering students. This is not really unexpected. However, the reasons behind our mentees looking up to their mentors is not just because of their stellar career paths. It is equally for the mentors’ sharing of stories about carving out solutions in work-life balance struggles or taking a resilient outlook to the failures or challenges.

What surprised us was the outpouring of love for mentors. Mentees described mentors as their “daily vitamin dose,” their champions, the “sun on gloomy days,” and source of inspiration. They revealed that the biggest support from mentors was in the low phases, when managers or the environment were not conducive or there were strong biases. During those phases, men and women might have both helped– but there was more direct connection with women mentors because of a natural empathy, the energy and motivation coming from the senior women leaders having experienced something similar. The mentors always showed what aspects to bring to the table and helped find a solution.

Why should mentors invest time in guiding mentees? They are helping entry-level women meet corporate women, see what professional life looks like, acquire skills that are really needed and get an insight into what to expect from the workplace.

One of the mentors we interviewed shared that women mentoring other women helps in two ways. It acts as a beacon which mentees can look up to. Mentors give direction and motivation. Secondly, when mentees are actually in that situation which needs solutioning, mentors can help give the sense that there are others around to support. It’s a big booster. She said:

“Mentors are your antibiotic, or a B-complex or vitamin C. That is how mentoring is. It is needed when you have an ailment and it’s also needed when you don’t have an ailment, but you need to be in good health.”

We can’t wait to complete this study and share our findings. Our takeaway? This Valentine’s Day love thy mentor. Love them for being a role model, a bouncing board for ideas. Love them for their triumphs and tribulations. Because we stand on the shoulders of many others who went before us.

Yogini Joglekar
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
How the Kanwars of Apollo Tyres built India’s most global tyre maker

https://www.forbesindia.com/article/family-business/apollo-tyres-treading-firmly/52607/1

Next Generation Member Appointed as Additional Director and Chairman of Hindustan Zinc

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/indl-goods/svs/metals-mining/kiran-agarwal-appointed-as-additional-director-chairman-of-hindustan-zinc/articleshow/68304230.cms

Daughters Are Taking Over Family Businesses

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nextavenue/2019/03/01/daughters-are-taking-over-family-businesses/#7f03528c1785

Philanthropy in India focuses on one’s roots, progresses to the community, and usually remains low-key

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/company/corporate-trends/philanthropy-in-india-focuses-on-ones-roots-progresses-to-the-community-and-usually-remains-low-key/articleshow/68161607.cms
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Not the largest but the best [#permalink]
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: Not the largest but the best
I was pleasantly surprised to receive response of my email to Mr. P R S Oberoi. His response was signed in a company letter head expressing regret for not being able to meet us. The attention to detail and the promptness in his response would be hard to match even for the most dynamic young executive. However, he made sure that our request for meeting was looked in to by his son, Mr. Vikram Oberoi.

Few weeks later, we were 20 min early for our meeting with Mr. Vikram Oberoi – the man now at the helm of the Oberoi Group. He walked in to the meeting room himself to inform us that he can not be with us early and can join us only at the scheduled time. In the lobby, I had noticed a sense of freshness and cheerfulness in his staff as his walked in. We were not surprised when we learnt later from his staff that he is known to be a man of humility.

The Harvard Case Study on the Oberoi Group that has Mr. Oberoi as the protagonist emphatically describes his attention to detail and focus on quality. I felt in many ways ISB has ethos and values similar to that of the Oberoi Group and Mr. Oberoi himself. In the case study, he is quoted as, “we do not want to be the largest; we want to be the best”. ISB started with a class strength of nearly 60 students in our PGP in 2001 and today we admit close to 900 students. We have nearly 10,000 alumni spread over 30 countries. Yet, ISB is relentlessly focussed on maintain quality in its teaching and research. Amongst its nearly 60 faculty members, ISB has world-class scholars with PhDs from institutions like Oxford, Wharton, UCLA, Kellogg and INSEAD. We are constantly ranked as the top management institutions from India. Like Mr. Oberoi, we also realise that quality is not a choice but a responsibility to our stakeholders.

Another facet of Mr. Oberoi that inspired me was that much like ISB, he believes and aspires to build world-class excellence from India. He emphasised to his staff to give priority to Indian institutions for the learning and development needs of his staff. This is exactly what ISB has always aspired for. We strongly believe that it is possible to build the best academic institutions globally, from India, and we know that ISB has the best chance to. Much like Mr. Oberoi, we believe that being in and from India is our biggest strength and opportunity.

We were about to end our meeting. In his trademark humility, Mr. Oberoi told us to call him “Vikram”. Walking out with Vikram, we felt hopeful of a long-term institutional partnership the Oberoi Group and of finding continued support from Vikram in advancing ISB to the best in the world.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Metro Brands: Big shoes to fill

https://www.forbesindia.com/article/family-business/metro-brands-big-shoes-to-fill/52597/1

Mahindra CIE acquires Aurangabad Electricals

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news/mahindra-cie-automotive-acquires-aurangabad-electricals-for-rs-830-crore-1552383743768.html

What are the best ways for a family to make decisions together?

https://www.campdenfb.com/article/what-are-best-ways-family-make-decisions-together

Young Business Tycoon Is Here to Make Waves in the Traditional Manufacturing Industry of India

https://www.businesstoday.in/pti-feed/young-business-tycoon-is-here-to-make-waves-in-the-traditional-manufacturing-industry-of-india/story/327269.html

Millennials look to revamp old family businesses

https://www.livemint.com/mint-lounge/business-of-life/millennials-look-to-revamp-old-family-businesses-1552240296944.html

Constitutional Family Ties

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/lifestyle/viral-and-trending/130319/constitutional-family-ties.html

Wipro chairman Azim Premji commits another 34% of his shares for philanthropy

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/w ... ropy-98254

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Updates on Family Businesses [#permalink]
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: Updates on Family Businesses
How Radhika Piramal is steering VIP Industries towards bigger and global roads – //economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/68444374.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

There won’t be lack of leadership at Leyland till we find a new CEO: Dheeraj Hinduja

//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/68459273.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Hiranandani family feud ends after 10 years, daughter gets Rs 360 crore//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/68476633.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Why Saudi’s family businesses need to focus on succession planning – https://gulfbusiness.com/saudis-family-businesses-need-focus-succession-planning/

Reinvention Lessons From A Multigenerational Billion-Dollar Family Business https://www.forbes.com/sites/sanyinsiang/2019/03/15/reinvention-hylouie-family-business/#787fa4883467

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Sprinting – It’s not just a sport, it’s passion! [#permalink]
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: Sprinting – It’s not just a sport, it’s passion!
Growing up in a fast-moving city like Mumbai always kept me on my toes. I have been an athlete in school and college but post my graduation, the only sprints I did were to catch the local train to the office. Though I participated in 10km runs (mini-marathons), sprinting is a different ball game altogether.

The strenuous curriculum of ISB too wasn’t less of a race for us all. Everyone tried recreational activities that could keep them mentally and physically fit, and so I joined the ‘Soles of Motown’ group, headed by our very own ‘Bagga’. He was the first person who made me realise that I can sprint well even now and should continue running for my fitness. Thankfully, ISL included athletics as an event for the first time and gave me a chance to register myself as an athlete. 

It has been an honour to be playing for ‘Punjab Hukums’. When it came to preparing for the event, we realised that sprinting as an adult is more difficult as we earlier thought it would be. Persuading your (heavier) body to move as fast as possible takes a lot of power, skills and energy. But it’s also fun, so much fun! Discipline in diet, practice and proper physio stretches kept me away from injury. Our athletics team made sure that no matter how much we don’t fancy doing a practice session at the end of the day, in the middle of assignments and in freezing cold, we never missed any session. We also realised that in just 15 days before the event we couldn’t transform a cart horse into a racehorse, but we could make it go faster. It was unfortunate that one of our strongest team members got injured just a day before the event. Determined not to lose the team morale and not to let the efforts put in practice session go in vain, our team gave their best on the D-day.

Running the final race will always be one of the best moments of ISB for me. I pushed myself as much as I could and realised that day that if you have worked hard for something, then your mind is the only thing that stops you from achieving it. The moment you clear the thought of losing and become fearless, nothing can stop you!

The field saw the best sportsman’s spirit of athletes who irrespective of their teams stood by each other as a cohort for providing medical aid to the injured ones. This spirit defined ISL in the truest sense, and I am so fortunate to be part of this event!

– Vibha Saxena, PGP Class of 2019
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ISL – An enthralling journey! [#permalink]
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: ISL – An enthralling journey!
If anyone coming to ISB thinks ISB Super League (ISL) is not a serious thing, they are highly mistaken. After placements, ISL becomes the bread and butter of almost everyone on campus – it is legit true. You would suddenly see athletes unleashing from every corner of the campus, quite literally!

I had the privilege of playing many sports for my team, but my core strength was basketball. In my prime days, I have played at many levels, 
but playing in ISL was a different experience altogether. ISL gives you the flavour of how sportsmen/women maintain a perfect balance between competition and harmony, how friends play with/against friends and winning means good sportsmen spirit rather than money. 

Due to limited women players, basketball entails women playing with men. Well, that is the most challenging part because of differences in physical strength but giving them a tough fight is something I tried to do! The entire course of the tournament is exhilarating because you never know when their normal jumps can end up breaking your bones, their ball taps can break your specs and their mild defence can make you trip on your face!

But after experiencing what ISL is, I am grateful that I embraced this opportunity. The scars reflect the passion and respect every player showed for the sport. Personally, I would urge all female athletes of the incoming batch to let go of their inhibitions and play their hearts out because like I said – ISL is one hell of an experience!

– Manya Sarin, PGP Class of 2019, National Level Basket Ball Player
GMAT Club Bot
ISL – An enthralling journey! [#permalink]
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  27