Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Re: Calling all (MBS) Manchester MBA Applicants: 2019 Intake! [#permalink]
DivyaYerranagula wrote:
Hi,

Please help me knowing if can we apply to MBS with 560 GMAT score.

Regards,
Divya Y

Hi Divya,

AMBS says their middle 80% batch has 550-700 on GMAT. Having said that, 560 is definitely on the lower end, especially for an Indian applicant. I would suggest you retake your GMAT and try to score 650+ to stand a reasonable chance of gaining an admit to AMBS.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools: MBS '21
GPA: 3.24
Send PM
DivyaYerranagula wrote:
Hi,

Please let me know if we can apply to Manchester B school with GMAT score 560.

80% of Alliance GMAT score ranging from 550 - 700 -there were applicants who got accepted with GMAT score lower than 550- so i think you have a chance.
I guess it depends on your other application sections such as GPA, essays, resume, etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: MBS '21 (A)
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
Just to update I was given my offer promptly the last Friday before Christmas holidays.

4 days after the interview. I think it’s decided before the interview whether you’ll be given a place or not. As my interview was very much a chat about my future plans, what I intend to do. And some useful advice from Fran that I should get involved as much as possible through the MBA, talking about jobs and my expextations.

I wasn’t offered a scholarship with my offer but been invited to the assessment day for the UK scholarships. Which will be held early March.

Good luck everyone I must say I did dedicate a lot of time into preparation of the application, resume and essays. And took time preparing for the GMAT.

I still work as a full time pharmacist manager 5 days a week, and I run my own start up brand. Which exports in middle east and distributes in UK. But will be leaving my job now soon.

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Tahir44 wrote:
Just to update I was given my offer promptly the last Friday before Christmas holidays.

4 days after the interview. I think it’s decided before the interview whether you’ll be given a place or not. As my interview was very much a chat about my future plans, what I intend to do. And some useful advice from Fran that I should get involved as much as possible through the MBA, talking about jobs and my expextations.

I wasn’t offered a scholarship with my offer but been invited to the assessment day for the UK scholarships. Which will be held early March.

Good luck everyone I must say I did dedicate a lot of time into preparation of the application, resume and essays. And took time preparing for the GMAT.

I still work as a full time pharmacist manager 5 days a week, and I run my own start up brand. Which exports in middle east and distributes in UK. But will be leaving my job now soon.

Posted from my mobile device

How long did you get the interview invitation after the deadline? It's been 10 days since the deadline and I haven't received any news from the adcom.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Azvin

It was well into the 18 - 19 day mark that I heard back from them. But they were moving buildings. Which they have done now. So it maybe sooner for you.

They will get back to you around then. Good luck with it.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
GPA: 2.85
WE:Other (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Tahir44 wrote:
Have a interview via Skype with Fran on Monday 17th. Anyone else got a interview within the next week?

I am UK based with over 8 years in management role pharmaceutical background & with a start up business I launched 2017.

Any tips or advice for interview? Would be greatly appreciated - not had a interview in years.

Hi Tahir, i just received an interview invite for Jan 16 and will be speaking with Fran as well. Any tips for the interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
malex wrote:
Tahir44 wrote:
Have a interview via Skype with Fran on Monday 17th. Anyone else got a interview within the next week?

I am UK based with over 8 years in management role pharmaceutical background & with a start up business I launched 2017.

Any tips or advice for interview? Would be greatly appreciated - not had a interview in years.

Hi Tahir, i just received an interview invite for Jan 16 and will be speaking with Fran as well. Any tips for the interview?

I over prepared and scripted way too much. And as the interview or discussions started, I realised it's just best to express myself. So my best advice is just be yourself. Prepare have points covered on all the standard question mentioned in previous forums and threads. Which is what I did. I went through and made a list of all possible questions. And bullet point few key points on each question. And kept this in front me during the interview.

But the actually interview was nothing like I expected. So hard to say what your experience will be like. I was only asked questions about what I will do post MBA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Thanks for the advice Tahir!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
azharonline wrote:
DivyaYerranagula wrote:
Hi,

Please help me knowing if can we apply to MBS with 560 GMAT score.

Regards,
Divya Y

Hi Divya,

AMBS says their middle 80% batch has 550-700 on GMAT. Having said that, 560 is definitely on the lower end, especially for an Indian applicant. I would suggest you retake your GMAT and try to score 650+ to stand a reasonable chance of gaining an admit to AMBS.
Definitely agreeazharonline even though it shows that some people get in with a slightly less impressive GMAC, it's ***very unlikely*** that they are Indian. People who get in with a 550 are like Iranian feminists.

The GMAT standards are most definitely adjusted for the competition within your profile group. Indians are the most competitive profile group so you will want to be on the upper end of that range every time and I generally request that Indians had at least 20 points over the average in order to be competitive at a particular School.

Also it would be well worth your effort to improve your GMAT from the perspective of scholarships as well. There's a definite positive correlation between GMAT score again scholarship offers.

https://mbaprepcoach.com
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tahir44 wrote:
malex wrote:
Tahir44 wrote:

I over prepared and scripted way too much. And as the interview or discussions started, I realised it's just best to express myself. So my best advice is just be yourself. Prepare have points covered on all the standard question mentioned in previous forums and threads. Which is what I did. I went through and made a list of all possible questions. And bullet point few key points on each question. And kept this in front me during the interview.

But the actually interview was nothing like I expected. So hard to say what your experience will be like. I was only asked questions about what I will do post MBA.
What works best for my candidates is that we prepare talking points but not script them.

List points you want to hit on but by all means do not lay things out word for word or it will ruin the energetic flow of the interview.

Just have an idea of what you're going to say and the main points you want to make.

This is really important I really strongly caution people against just winging it and doing no preparation. Preparation is what allows you to focus on the interpersonal aspect of the interview because you're not sweating bullets trying to figure out what you're going to say next and it allows you to interact more.

So definitely prepare talking points but allow yourself to speak extemporaneously with regards to those talking points for the most part.

https://mbaprepcoach.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Thank you very much for this MBA PrepCoach!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys, any idea by when we can expect the results to be out for the Jan 3rd deadline?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
azharonline wrote:
Guys, any idea by when we can expect the results to be out for the Jan 3rd deadline?

You already got interviewed?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
azvin wrote:
azharonline wrote:

You already got interviewed?

Oh no no...I meant the interview shortlist...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 137
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V35
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Got an admit last week. Anyone else joining?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got an interview invitation yesterday but I requested to postpone it because I am currently on a business trip (I dont bring my suit and all the interview materials that I have prepared). Will this affect my application? I don't want to make the adcom think that I am not interested.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Human Resources, Strategy
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hey Azvin,
Which round did you apply in? I have applied in R4. Still haven't heard back anything about the interview invite.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied on January 3rd deadline. They are fully occupied next week so I guess your interview will be next week.

Edit: when I asked to reschedule the interview to next week, they said that next week is full so I guess interview for January deadline will be done next week.
navinbarathwaj wrote:
Hey Azvin,
Which round did you apply in? I have applied in R4. Still haven't heard back anything about the interview invite.

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts