Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:18 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [8]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 158 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V38
GPA: 2.99
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
I've heard anecdotally that the time in which Haas invites a candidate to interview can indicate the likelihood a given candidate receives acceptance. For example, some have said that receiving an interview invite early in the R1 decision timeframe is perhaps a good sign that that candidate will be accepted in R1.

Has anyone seen or heard anything to back this up?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Haas(Berkeley) EWMBA Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
hwadeann wrote:
I've heard anecdotally that the time in which Haas invites a candidate to interview can indicate the likelihood a given candidate receives acceptance. For example, some have said that receiving an interview invite early in the R1 decision timeframe is perhaps a good sign that that candidate will be accepted in R1.

Has anyone seen or heard anything to back this up?

I'd (obvs) really hope this is true, and I think I'm a pretty strong candidate, but I've only heard of one general study nothing specific to Haas. The study said beginning and end were best for interview performance, but nothing wrt whether it's more indicative of applicant strength. I will say, my interviewer said that she had not read my application yet, so I'm not sure by what metric they would judge I was a strong candidate then.

I was interviewed by Haas staff, as opposed to former/current students. I was thinking/hoping that meant they thought I was a strong applicant, anyone know about that?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Send PM
Interviewed today on campus. It's just like any other job interview.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
hanamana wrote:
Interviewed today on campus. It's just like any other job interview.

hanamana

Can you please add your interview debrief here? https://gmatclub.com/forum/haas-195/int ... brief.html

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [3]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Got an invite to interview yesterday! (Sunday Dec 16)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sankar769 wrote:
Got an invite to interview yesterday! (Sunday Dec 16)

Congrats!! That's exciting. best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
Is Haas blind interview (Has the interviewer read your personal statement? Or do they only have your resume?)

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
dreamyguy wrote:
Is Haas blind interview (Has the interviewer read your personal statement? Or do they only have your resume?)

Thanks!

I remember reading somewhere on their website that the interviewer wouldn’t have read your application and only have your resume.

hanamana
Thanks! Looking forward to it. How was your interview? Please share any noteworthy details on the interview debrief?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dreamyguy wrote:

Thanks!

Yeah that's how mine was.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
dreamyguy wrote:

Thanks!

When I interviewed, I was told that the interviewer has not read my application and only had my resume. I was also told that there were specific questions that the person who read my application asked the interviewer to ask. I was told at least once that the following question was requested by the application reader.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 158 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Finished my interview last Friday (December 21). It was fairly standard. The interview will be a blind one so they'll just have your resume.

There were no questions that were from left field. Go in there with confidence in your voice and story and you should do well! DM me if you'd like to get a bit more insight!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi everyone, decision will be out in the next two weeks. Fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Less than 10 days! Man the wait has been so long! Nice meeting some of you at the events this year and hope to have you all as classmates.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
The thread was so quiet for R2 applicants...in general there has been less activity than last year's thread. Not sure what to make of that (if anything!). Anxiously waiting for next week...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 158 [0]
Send PM
Next Friday y'all! Best of luck to everyone, I hope that I'm able to call you all amongst my cohorts!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE:Corporate Finance (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Hi all. I submitted my application in R2 last Tuesday, and today I received an email invitation to interview. I was pretty surprised at the quick turnaround time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Kudos
I received my invite to interview today! Interesting that they're testing a new interview process (see info below). I'd love to participate but will be out of town that weekend.

-Group Interview
In line with the Defining Leadership Principles, our admissions office continues to Question the Status Quo by piloting a new type of admissions interview format for the Evening & Weekend MBA program to enhance our process. We need your help to develop this new approach, and we invite you to participate in our initial pilot on Saturday, February 23.

The group interview is a 30-45 minute data-based discussion with 4-5 other EWMBA applicants, followed by a 20 minute one-on-one conversation with a member of the admissions committee. There is no preparation needed; please refer to the FAQ page for more information.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TopTwentyHopeful wrote:
I received my invite to interview today! Interesting that they're testing a new interview process (see info below). I'd love to participate but will be out of town that weekend.

-Group Interview
In line with the Defining Leadership Principles, our admissions office continues to Question the Status Quo by piloting a new type of admissions interview format for the Evening & Weekend MBA program to enhance our process. We need your help to develop this new approach, and we invite you to participate in our initial pilot on Saturday, February 23.

The group interview is a 30-45 minute data-based discussion with 4-5 other EWMBA applicants, followed by a 20 minute one-on-one conversation with a member of the admissions committee. There is no preparation needed; please refer to the FAQ page for more information.

This is really cool. Please let us know how this goes. I wonder why they're going to this. It's kind of weird for it to come in mid-cycle as the people from the first round got a different interview from some people in the second round.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts