Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [1]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Re: Manhattan Books + OG + GmatClub Tests? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
cafecorridor wrote:
Do the above cover all the concepts and question types tested on the GMAT? I'm aiming for a 720+ score. Please pour in your suggestions generously :)
You don't have to plan for that just yet. You have what seems like a reasonable plan. And by "reasonable", I don't mean to imply that the material you've chosen is not "enough" or that it's just about okay. For all we know, it's overkill in your case :)

The point is that you can start off now, and add (or remove) things as you get a better idea about what it is that you need. Keep in mind though, that too much material is also not a particularly good idea, so resist the temptation to start referring to a ton of other material without good reason. That said, think about adding the GMATPrep (free and paid) tests at some point in your prep.

You also don't have to worry about the fact that you've chosen books, as videos don't have any overwhelming advantage that is also independent of personal preference. It's perfectly okay to go with what you know you are comfortable with.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [1]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Manhattan Books + OG + GmatClub Tests? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi! I would like to add two more resources that you perhaps already have in mind:

i) Additional official practice questions, a significant repository of which is present right here on GMATClub
ii) GMAT Official tests
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Marketing, Human Resources
GPA: 3.12
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
That’s a good idea to use those resources as they are quite reputable. I would suggest for the start don’t get the Manhattan tests and use them later.
For now there are many free tests that are available. Use them! And once you are done completing all the Manhattan books and the Practicing the OG do the Manhattan tests.
Keep practicing on the gmat club app as well.

For free tests you can try
Veritas (1 free test)
GMAT club (2 free tests)
Economist GMAT (1 free test)
Experts Global (1 free test)
And many more. There are like 14 of such tests.

I really hope this helps you. Leave a kudos if it does

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AjiteshArun wrote:
cafecorridor wrote:
Do the above cover all the concepts and question types tested on the GMAT? I'm aiming for a 720+ score. Please pour in your suggestions generously :)
You don't have to plan for that just yet. You have what seems like a reasonable plan. And by "reasonable", I don't mean to imply that the material you've chosen is not "enough" or that it's just about okay. For all we know, it's overkill in your case :)

The point is that you can start off now, and add (or remove) things as you get a better idea about what it is that you need. Keep in mind though, that too much material is also not a particularly good idea, so resist the temptation to start referring to a ton of other material without good reason. That said, think about adding the GMATPrep (free and paid) tests at some point in your prep.

You also don't have to worry about the fact that you've chosen books, as videos don't have any overwhelming advantage that is also independent of personal preference. It's perfectly okay to go with what you know you are comfortable with.

Hey, thanks for the advice. Will lay my hands on as much Official Material as I can. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EducationAisle wrote:
Hi! I would like to add two more resources that you perhaps already have in mind:

i) Additional official practice questions, a significant repository of which is present right here on GMATClub
ii) GMAT Official tests

I'm not sure what you mean by Additional Official practice questions - you mean practice questions from previous versions of the OG or something else? Thanks for the valuable advice :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
UmairAftab wrote:
That’s a good idea to use those resources as they are quite reputable. I would suggest for the start don’t get the Manhattan tests and use them later.
For now there are many free tests that are available. Use them! And once you are done completing all the Manhattan books and the Practicing the OG do the Manhattan tests.

Veritas (1 free test)
GMAT club (2 free tests)

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. :) I'm planning to go for the Experts Global Mock Test Series. I purchased all the Manhattan books (Kindle edition) sometime in 2015 when I had plans to give the GMAT.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Expert Reply
cafecorridor wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by Additional Official practice questions - you mean practice questions from previous versions of the OG or something else? Thanks for the valuable advice :)

Hi cafecorridor, I meant questions from old/current official mock tests, such as here.

Basically I did a filtering on Source.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EducationAisle wrote:
cafecorridor wrote:

Hi cafecorridor, I meant questions from old/current official mock tests, such as here.

Basically I did a filtering on Source.

Get it. Will give the free mock tests and then attempt these. Thank you once again.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Marketing, Human Resources
GPA: 3.12
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
cafecorridor wrote:
UmairAftab wrote:

Veritas (1 free test)
GMAT club (2 free tests)

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. :) I'm planning to go for the Experts Global Mock Test Series. I purchased all the Manhattan books (Kindle edition) sometime in 2015 when I had plans to give the GMAT.

Yeah! Experts Global is good as well
Their video explanations are quite helpful
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2103 [1]
Given Kudos: 77
Send PM
Kudos
cafecorridor wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm going to begin my GMAT preparation. I've shortlisted the below materials that i intend to use -

1. Manhattan (All Books including Advanced Quant) - THEORY & CONCEPTS
2. OG 2019 (All three books) - OFFICIAL MATERIAL
3. GMAT Club Tests - QUANTITATIVE
4. Manhattan Mock Tests

Use official questions as the primary source of preparation. If you have time appear for all the 6 official mocks. All the best!!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi cafecorridor,

From what you describe, you appear to have plenty of time to study - which is good. In addition, if you aren't on any specific timeline regarding your application plans, then you can certainly proceed however you like at this point. I do highly recommend that you take a FULL-LENGTH CAT sometime soon, so that we can better define your current skills - and you'll want to take additional CATs at regular intervals throughout your studies to gauge how well your skills are improving. After you've taken your initial CAT, you should post back here and we can discuss the results.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for the advice :) The one consistent advice in all the above posts is to refer to as many official GMAT sources as possible.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi cafecorridor,

From what you describe, you appear to have plenty of time to study - which is good. In addition, if you aren't on any specific timeline regarding your application plans, then you can certainly proceed however you like at this point. I do highly recommend that you take a FULL-LENGTH CAT sometime soon, so that we can better define your current skills - and you'll want to take additional CATs at regular intervals throughout your studies to gauge how well your skills are improving. After you've taken your initial CAT, you should post back here and we can discuss the results.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Thank you for the advice Rich. I see your presence on most posts always willing to help. Much appreciated. :)
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22050 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi cafecorridor,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. Honestly, it’s difficult to say whether your current prep materials/study plan will be enough for you to hit your 720+ score goal.. The best thing you can do is objectively evaluate your progress so that, in the event that the prep books aren’t meeting your needs, you don’t end up overinvesting time in resources that aren’t working for you. Give yourself about 6 weeks to see whether you’re improving. If you’re not, then consider changing up your study materials.

Feel free to keep me updated about how things are going and to reach out with any further questions. Also, you may find it helpful to read the following articles about how to score a 700+ on the GMAT and how long to study for the GMAT.
Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi cafecorridor,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. Honestly, it’s difficult to say whether your current prep materials/study plan will be enough for you to hit your 720+ score goal.. The best thing you can do is objectively evaluate your progress so that, in the event that the prep books aren’t meeting your needs, you don’t end up overinvesting time in resources that aren’t working for you. Give yourself about 6 weeks to see whether you’re improving. If you’re not, then consider changing up your study materials.

Feel free to keep me updated about how things are going and to reach out with any further questions. Also, you may find it helpful to read the following articles about how to score a 700+ on the GMAT and how long to study for the GMAT.
Good luck!

Hello Scott, thanks for responding :) If a situation like that does arise I'd definitely add more relevant study material. Will definitely go through both the links that you've shared with me and also ping you in case I need additional advice/help.
GMAT Club Bot