Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [1]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
Hi can anybody update if all Kellogg 2019 R2 invites have gone out? I know just a couple of hours left before we touch the 6 week deadline but I am trying to stay super positive, "it's not over till it's actually over!" so any idea?

Any and all help appreciated. Anxiety has kicked in :/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Healthcare
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
shivani1311 wrote:
Hi can anybody update if all Kellogg 2019 R2 invites have gone out? I know just a couple of hours left before we touch the 6 week deadline but I am trying to stay super positive, "it's not over till it's actually over!" so any idea?

If it helps, I got a skype interview invite yesterday evening. Only available skype date was for 28th Feb. I am from West Africa by the way.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
rmamissah wrote:
shivani1311 wrote:

If it helps, I got a skype interview invite yesterday evening. Only available skype date was for 28th Feb. I am from West Africa by the way.

So happy for you....does give me a bit of hope. All the very best...I hope you make it :)

Meanwhile, hoping the last couple of hours bring me this elusive invite.
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes, I've had some clients interview with Kellogg already. If you are in a location where it might be difficult to match you with an alum -- or if they end up needing to interview you by Skype -- you might be one of the last ones to receive an invite. They also waive the interview for several applicants (which, I'll be honest, usually isn't a great sign).

shivani1311 wrote:

Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Send PM
Expert Reply
As others have said, I would try not to worry about this. You are human, and Kellogg LIKES humans. : ) It doesn't sound like you were unable to continue or anything. And congrats on the full ride at McCombs -- that is huge!

Mgraynap wrote:
Question, perhaps an odd one:
Had my interview yesterday, think it went reasonably well. However, when we reached the subject of my volunteer experience...I have a hard time talking about it without getting emotional. I work with a children's bereavement camp that I attended after my father died over 10 years ago; I've been volunteering with them since I was 17, and its something that is extremely close to my heart because of the children I've met and the stories I've come into contact with there. This is the second interview that I have actually teared up/gotten pretty emotional while talking about my involvement with this organization, though I believe I managed to answer the question thoroughly/articulately despite crying (still makes me cringe). This happened during my McCombs interview as well, and I was admitted there with a full ride, so clearly they appreciated the "extra sincerity" I guess.

My question is, do you think this hurts my chances at Kellogg at all, or do you think they will see it as a sign of my genuine passion for and commitment to the organization?

Thanks...every time I think about it, I die a little inside :|
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
Yes, I've had some clients interview with Kellogg already. If you are in a location where it might be difficult to match you with an alum -- or if they end up needing to interview you by Skype -- you might be one of the last ones to receive an invite. They also waive the interview for several applicants (which, I'll be honest, usually isn't a great sign).

shivani1311 wrote:

Thanks, Erika! Appreciate your update. I did reach out to the admissions office and was told that the R2 interview invite process now stands completed. However, those who didn't get the invites will hear back from them by end of this week - which I am guessing translates to denied admission, like you said.

Just a thought tho - has any 'interview waived' candidate secured admission?
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
I have never heard of any "interview waived" candidate being admitted. I think Kellogg is pretty strict about interviewing everyone who might end up on campus, as they are so protective of their culture.

Sorry it was not good news from them.

shivani1311 wrote:
SBCErikaOlson wrote:

shivani1311 wrote:

Thanks, Erika! Appreciate your update. I did reach out to the admissions office and was told that the R2 interview invite process now stands completed. However, those who didn't get the invites will hear back from them by end of this week - which I am guessing translates to denied admission, like you said.

Just a thought tho - has any 'interview waived' candidate secured admission?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Hi shivani1131,

Just curious, where are you based?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: Duke '21 (WA)
Send PM
Got my interview waiver today :(

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Guess this is the end... :( waiver received

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
ns189 wrote:
Hi shivani1131,

Just curious, where are you based?

Based out of India, and interview waived.

Well ! :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
Send PM
Mgraynap wrote:
cf1111 wrote:
Mgraynap wrote:
Question, perhaps an odd one:
Had my interview yesterday, think it went reasonably well. However, when we reached the subject of my volunteer experience...I have a hard time talking about it without getting emotional. I work with a children's bereavement camp that I attended after my father died over 10 years ago; I've been volunteering with them since I was 17, and its something that is extremely close to my heart because of the children I've met and the stories I've come into contact with there. This is the second interview that I have actually teared up/gotten pretty emotional while talking about my involvement with this organization, though I believe I managed to answer the question thoroughly/articulately despite crying (still makes me cringe). This happened during my McCombs interview as well, and I was admitted there with a full ride, so clearly they appreciated the "extra sincerity" I guess.

My question is, do you think this hurts my chances at Kellogg at all, or do you think they will see it as a sign of my genuine passion for and commitment to the organization?

Thanks...every time I think about it, I die a little inside :|

I'm certainly not an expert, but as long as you weren't straight-up sobbing / unable to carry on, I can't imagine this would count against you. Especially at Kellogg where they seem a little more "human" than some other Ad Comms. I would guess this felt like a bigger deal to you than it did to the interviewer. Any reasonably empathetic person would understand why it's an emotional subject for you. And it does show sincere dedication to your cause. Did your interviewer react in the moment in any way?

Thanks, you're probably right that my interviewer likely wasn't as phased by it as I'm thinking she was. She was very sweet about it, when I apologized for getting emotional, she said something like "well it makes sense, concerning the subject"...I'm trying to stop over-analyzing it, just hoping they're not thinking "this girl is unstable" hahaha

I thought you were an R1 applicant
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Can someone shed more light on the Kellogg process? Don't they usually read the application after the interview? So what is the criteria of interview waiver? Is it purely based on the availability of alumni in the region? I am from Mumbai and haven't seen anyone in this region getting an invite. But it seems to be a mix in Bangalore and Delhi, where some got it and some didn't.

So how does it work for a region where no one was available? Any idea on the percentage of people who are asked to interview on Skype/call after getting a waiver?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thanks shivani1311 for finding the following post from str1der from the previous years' threads.

Posting it here for all.

str1der wrote:
To everyone applying from India. I am a reapplicant and hence am acquainted with how the process works. Let me detail it as I am sure it will calm some nerves:

1. Kellogg, by design, interviews each applicant. However, in areas of high demand of interviews such as India, it is not possible for them to match their alumni to each applicant as each alumni can do only as many interviews
2. Once both Part 1 and Part 2 are submitted, one of the following three scenarios will occur:

i. You will be invited to interview on a day in late Oct/Early Nov. This is essentially an interview day - many alumni will gather at a hotel and many applicants will be interviewed. No clear formula on how the invitees are decided, but I think it depends on who submtited Part 1 earlier as from Kellogg's vantage point everyone has to be interviewed and hence no one is at a higher or lower priority at that point. Once the interview has been completed, the adcom will review your essays and recommendations and you then sit tight until the decision date to hear back from them.

ii. You will get an interview waiver. The Kellogg team does NOT read an applicant's file until their interview is complete. Hence, to avoid delays, they start reading the application first for those in India who weren't sent invited in the first go. The waiver does NOT affect your application negatively - it just means that they are waiving your interview in order to begin reviewing your application

iii. If they like your application, you will receive an invitation to interview. This will be a one to one with an alumnus here, or a Skype with the adcom in Chicago

iv. It may also happen that you don't get this invite after the waiver, in which case it is safe to assume you have been dinged

3. Hence, unlike other countries, in India Kellogg does NOT interview everyone. Also, most people receive a waiver which can then convert/not convert into an interview invite at a later stage.
4. You will NOT be admitted to the program without an interview. Hence, if after the waiver you do not receive an invite, it means you have been dinged.
5. Dates: Please read last year's thread. If I recall correctly, people received the first invites 2 weeks after the Part 2 deadline. People who first received a waiver and then an invite (such as me) kept hearing throughout November. I got my invite around Mid Nov.
6. Hence, if by end Nov you haven't heard from them after a waiver, safe to move on to alternate plans
7. Most people in India will get a waiver - it will test your nerves (tested mine) but it is actually a blessing in disguise. If you receive an invite after a waiver, that means the adcom liked your application and wants to know more - that is a positive sign any day of the year

Hope this answers your queries. Indian applicants should NOT compare their interview timeline to foreign applicants.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Did any applicant in a big city in the US get an interview waiver?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Thanks. This is really helpful.

workout wrote:
Thanks shivani1311 for finding the following post from str1der from the previous years' threads.

Posting it here for all.

str1der wrote:
To everyone applying from India. I am a reapplicant and hence am acquainted with how the process works. Let me detail it as I am sure it will calm some nerves:

1. Kellogg, by design, interviews each applicant. However, in areas of high demand of interviews such as India, it is not possible for them to match their alumni to each applicant as each alumni can do only as many interviews
2. Once both Part 1 and Part 2 are submitted, one of the following three scenarios will occur:

i. You will be invited to interview on a day in late Oct/Early Nov. This is essentially an interview day - many alumni will gather at a hotel and many applicants will be interviewed. No clear formula on how the invitees are decided, but I think it depends on who submtited Part 1 earlier as from Kellogg's vantage point everyone has to be interviewed and hence no one is at a higher or lower priority at that point. Once the interview has been completed, the adcom will review your essays and recommendations and you then sit tight until the decision date to hear back from them.

ii. You will get an interview waiver. The Kellogg team does NOT read an applicant's file until their interview is complete. Hence, to avoid delays, they start reading the application first for those in India who weren't sent invited in the first go. The waiver does NOT affect your application negatively - it just means that they are waiving your interview in order to begin reviewing your application

iii. If they like your application, you will receive an invitation to interview. This will be a one to one with an alumnus here, or a Skype with the adcom in Chicago

iv. It may also happen that you don't get this invite after the waiver, in which case it is safe to assume you have been dinged

3. Hence, unlike other countries, in India Kellogg does NOT interview everyone. Also, most people receive a waiver which can then convert/not convert into an interview invite at a later stage.
4. You will NOT be admitted to the program without an interview. Hence, if after the waiver you do not receive an invite, it means you have been dinged.
5. Dates: Please read last year's thread. If I recall correctly, people received the first invites 2 weeks after the Part 2 deadline. People who first received a waiver and then an invite (such as me) kept hearing throughout November. I got my invite around Mid Nov.
6. Hence, if by end Nov you haven't heard from them after a waiver, safe to move on to alternate plans
7. Most people in India will get a waiver - it will test your nerves (tested mine) but it is actually a blessing in disguise. If you receive an invite after a waiver, that means the adcom liked your application and wants to know more - that is a positive sign any day of the year

Hope this answers your queries. Indian applicants should NOT compare their interview timeline to foreign applicants.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
anyone have any idea when spring welcome weekend is?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts