Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:52 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Conratulations on getting admitted to PT programs. I am also considering PT at Chicago & NYU Stern. When you applied to them, which documents were required from the employer's side? I mean, besides recommendation letters is there any additional document required from the employer's end?

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nope. None.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
WWWhat !! Unbelievable ! (I mean, I believe what you said is true. But the fact that Chicago GSB or NYU Stern does not consider any other letters besides same standard application package for FT programs is ''unbelievable''. Thank you so much. Your response has taken off a great burden off my mind.

Does this also mean that I can apply to FT AND PT programs at Chicago GSB and NYU Stern using same essay questions?

Regards,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Subbu.

Did you hear from Stern?

I am sending my offficial scores to Sern and Chicago GSB, but I'd much prefer Stern due to its proximity to where I live.

Whats your take on Fordham? Does it come in the same league as Stern/Chicago ?

My choices are limited to Stern, Fordham and Boston College at the moment. Any suggestions to widen this list with good schols arond NY, MA , PA would be very helpful.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I did get dinged by Stern. Once I got accepted by Chicago, I kind of took it light for Stern which would have contributed to my results. Applying on the deadline did not help either.

If you are in the north east, you must consider Tepper too. Sorry I am not too familiar with fordham.

Rgds
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Interesting point about Stern. Since they use rolling admission process, it is good to apply early. ( https://w4.stern.nyu.edu/admissions/lang ... app_review )

Did they give you any reason for their decision?

A friend of mine got rejected from Tuck, but for him the admissions office called, explaining why they rejected ( his GMAT is 700, and for his profile - Indian, male, 30 something, engineering background, about 6 yrs experience, the average GMAT was at 760 at for his profile.. so he was below average for Tuck . They didn't find him stand out from the application pool from point of essays, GMAT, GPA).

Thanks for the suggestion on Tepper.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]