Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:25 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020) [#permalink]
rohansdalal wrote:
Hey Just Want to Know Any Indian received Interview Invite??? My AO is Isabelle RAMOS.

Not yet.... My AO is also IR....

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020) [#permalink]
legendfunk wrote:
kenwen882013 wrote:
Big congrats to all of you who are invited for interview! exciting time!

4 of my friends (all Chinese) received interview invitation yesterday. Their AO is Ekaterina MAHEUX

My AO EL contacted me yesterday as well. It appears INSEAD thought I had some gap years between my final year in high school and the start of my bachelor, and they wanted me to provide more details around the issue. I sent an email back to my AO, hopefully it's not a bad sign. Fingers crossed

Does this mean that if the admissions committee has any questions about your application, they would have been asked at this stage, and not after the interview?

And is the AO part of the team that evaluates our applications, or just a liaison between us and the team that evaluates our applications?

Does this mean that if the admissions committee has any questions about your application, they would have been asked at this stage, and not after the interview?
- Judging from my case alone, I would say they will contact you before interview and ask you to clarify the things about which they have doubts.

And is the AO part of the team that evaluates our applications, or just a liaison between us and the team that evaluates our applications?
- The AO's title is Admission Coordinator, which implies they are not the ones who make the call.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
loneo

there are sources of common INSEAD alumni interview questions for these 2 interviews and what I recommend is that you work with a coach on formulating your responses to those common questions; build your case and narrative. This should be consistent with everything you have presented so far from the INSEAD app, but to be honest, alumni interview questions are "new content" distinct from essays.

that is the first step; yes, it's good to do mock interviews but first have a clear idea on what you be presenting in the way of responses. I'm not saying you should create a script where you repeat things word for word, but definitely create talking points for at least the common questions; go through your examples/stories and make sure they are very clear and compelling - before working on delivery.

This is my approach and it works every time. One guy was waitlisted at MIT, went to GSB instead. otherwise, every time.
Congrats on being shortlisted!

loneo wrote:
mottagmat wrote:
loneo3006 wrote:
Hi all,
Just received invitation for R2 interviews and was wondering if there were any alumns interested in giving me mock interviews or advices face to face, on skype or over the phone?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

(I am located in Paris).

Congratulations!
Just out of curiosity, by what date did you apply?

Submitted the application by April 12 and completed the videos the next day.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congrats to all those who are invited for interview and good luck to the rest!

Just to notify y'all, we now have an inbuilt chat room in INSEAD forum for applicants to hang out and share info/updates with others. It can be used without leaving the forum page. Check the screenshot below..

Attachment:
ScreenINSEAD.png
ScreenINSEAD.png [ 73.7 KiB | Viewed 4366 times ]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
Send PM
Just received a rejection email from AO EL. Good luck for the rest of applicants! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Bookmarks
Got dinged :(

AO is IR

Denied
15 May, 2019
15 May 2019, 10:29
vinilmunna GMAT: 730, Q49, V41; GPA: 3.44; WE: 68 months; United States, PA; via Email
All the best to other applicants :). [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3
Send PM
ankitagrawal079 wrote:
Got dinged :(

AO is IR

Same here bro
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Guys,

Does INSEAD has any disadvantage for candidates with 10 years of work experience? Profile - Indian male, Undergrad from IIT, worked & lived across India,china, Europe and now in USA since 2 years, working with a big consumer product company as group manager, GMAT 700. Thinking of applying to INSEAD but confused between R3 of Jan 2020 vs R 1 of Sep 2020 intake. I will have 10 year experience by Sep 2020 and 9.5 years by Jan 2020.

Any suggestions?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: MBA and Beyond
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Shantanu: Sharma
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE:Other (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Hey Coolabinash!

You have a good GMAT score with experience to put on table. Attributes such as Leadership, International Exposure and Academic Capacity are clearly visible in your profile. Would need more information on you to comment further. I have friends in my batch (2017) with a lesser GMAT score (<700) and similar work experience (10+ years). So to answer your question - nothing is disadvantageous, if you can sell your story.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Schedule a Free Session here.

coolabinash wrote:
Guys,

Does INSEAD has any disadvantage for candidates with 10 years of work experience? Profile - Indian male, Undergrad from IIT, worked & lived across India,china, Europe and now in USA since 2 years, working with a big consumer product company as group manager, GMAT 700. Thinking of applying to INSEAD but confused between R3 of Jan 2020 vs R 1 of Sep 2020 intake. I will have 10 year experience by Sep 2020 and 9.5 years by Jan 2020.

Any suggestions?
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi coolabinash,

I don't think that 10 years is a dealbreaker; the key is to make sure that you are marketable for the goal you outline in your essays. So if you are going for investment banking in NYC this might be a problem because they really target younger candidates. So make sure your goal is realistic for your age and experience, at least on paper.

I would recommend Indian applicants to look at September at this point - the standards for R3 are a bit higher now that the seats are being filled - your GMAT is a bit under the average and weak for an Indian applicant, so, would love to see you bring that up as much as possible, have R1 advantage, and have as much time as possible to do deep introspection, research your goals, and research INSEAD.

Unless you are on a long vacation at work, taking a single-minded approach, 3 weeks is not enough time to do a quality job on 7 essays, your CV, talking points for recommenders, video question prep. Obviously IIT is great - love the international work experience. Make sure to articulate a habit of leadership and contribution. This is a frequent miss - but contribution has so much to do with your overall value proposition.

If you must have an internship, than January is the only option, however. If you are going for consulting, this is not necessary. But if finance, it's compulsory.

Hope this helps!
Farrell

PS - I had a candidate with 10 years get passed over for an interview this cycle, but offered a spot in their EMBA program - so I feel we did a good job articulating his work experience; however he had bad grades/test scores/contribution track record and not much in the way of international motivation. We declined the offer; he is headed to IESE for the full-time program in September, waiting on scholarship info, he's excited and delighted.

coolabinash wrote:
Guys,

Any suggestions?
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
With regards to interview prep - wanted to clarify my points in the post to loneo

What works best for my candidates is that we prepare talking points but not script them.

List points you want to hit on but by all means do not lay things out word for word or it will ruin the energetic flow of the interview.

Just have an idea of what you're going to say and the main points you want to make.

So definitely prepare talking points but allow yourself to speak extemporaneously with regards to those talking points for the most part.

To everyone interviewing: I really strongly caution people against "winging it" and doing no preparation.

Preparation is what allows you to focus on the interpersonal aspect of the interview because you're not sweating bullets trying to figure out what you're going to say next and it allows you to interact more.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 99
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all
I am invited for R2 interviews and wondering if there were any alumns interested in giving me mock interviews. on skype or over the phone?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
Send PM