Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
European Schools Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [7]
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake! [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hi All,

I have received a few more questions and wanted to post some additional thoughts to the group.

Interview tips / thoughts:
- Know your resume and essays. I wasn't asked many questions directly, but a few in a 'roundabout' way, and used the opportunity to share stories about myself in relation to specifics or thought processes..
- Have examples of leadership, difficulties overcome, teamwork, international exposure / collaboration, etc. I was asked about many of these items, very typical type examples, but a lot of emphasis on collaboration, teamwork, and international experience.
- The interview was not stressful, the adcom did a good job of making it a comfortable discussion. He did it in a way that also made sure he got through his information. We started the discussion connecting more personally, this was good from both sides to develop a positive rapport.
- He did not ask any questions about my Kira Talent responses, but I kinda wished he did ask about my written response. I spun a different type of tale and am a little interested to hear what they thought. I am sure these are not off limits, but everything builds on itself toward an admit offer.
- At the point of an interview, I think it is more about personal fit with the school and the schools personal fit for you. As long as you know the school and what their differentiators are, and how you fit in, then the discussions should be comfortable.

Hope these thoughts help and good luck to all.

JMM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
JMMadison wrote:
Hi All, I have received a few more questions and wanted to post some additional thoughts to the group.

Interview tips / thoughts: ..

This is great, JMMadison. Thanks very much for sharing these inputs with other applicants. Kudos!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Hello guys, we now have an inbuilt chat room for Erasmus forum. Feel free to use this chat to touch base and share info/updates with fellow applicants.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat40062.php
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Targeting June 4th deadline for R2. Had a little doubt on the essay question around positive impact. What exactly is needed here - Development sector experience - work with NGOs, personal initiatives to create impact or Entrepreneurship experience (to showcase the business side of things since this is an MBA program at the end of it) or a mix of both? Would be really helpful to get your thoughts on this, specially the folks who have rec'd interview calls or admits.

Look forward. Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
seeyoulettter wrote:
Hi Guys,

Targeting June 4th deadline for R2. Had a little doubt on the essay question around positive impact. What exactly is needed here - Development sector experience - work with NGOs, personal initiatives to create impact or Entrepreneurship experience (to showcase the business side of things since this is an MBA program at the end of it) or a mix of both? Would be really helpful to get your thoughts on this, specially the folks who have rec'd interview calls or admits.

Look forward. Thanks

Hey,

I actually went with personal initiatives to create an impact.

I would recommend focusing on the why and the how i.e. why did you feel the need to create a positive impact & how(if you did) did you go about with it. And lastly, how the school could help you further with this goal.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi JMMadison, for this and the other post about interviewing, huge contributions to this thread! Crossing my fingers for your admit to RSM.
I really appreciate you including the sequence of events - helpful to know you can do practice questions on different days and get different questions.
Cheers,
Farrell

JMMadison wrote:
I have received a few requests for info on the process and questions for the Kira Talent section. Here is some additional info:

First, the question about the process. I am not exactly sure what is wanted here, but below are some bullets...
- After submitting my application, RSM evaluated for a couple weeks and then notified me via email regarding the Kira Talent and personal interview.
- I received a separate email from Kira Talent to 'check in' and register. In this process was an evaluation of my computer and internet connection.
- There are practice questions available after the 'check in', that you can repeat as often as you like. I found that if you practice across multiple days the questions might change, or they might remain the same.
- Once I was ready, I started the process and was done in about 20 minutes. Each video question gave me 30-45 seconds to prepare and 90 seconds to respond, the written question gave me 8 minutes to respond with no prep time.

Now the questions. I only recall enough details for one of the video to write about it right now and the written (it has been a whirlwind of practice and responding to a couple different schools).
- Second video question asked me about interacting with people from different cultures/languages/age and how I respond and learn form these interactions.
- Written question was a scenario in which I am the CEO of a company that needs to relocate 20% of my employees within 6 months , write the email to notify them.

If I remember the first question, I will post later.
All in all, the prep questions were general interview type and so were the real questions.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
shelleyjohnsam wrote:
seeyoulettter wrote:
Hi Guys,

Look forward. Thanks

Hey,

I actually went with personal initiatives to create an impact.

I would recommend focusing on the why and the how i.e. why did you feel the need to create a positive impact & how(if you did) did you go about with it. And lastly, how the school could help you further with this goal.

Thanks for the input - did you include details of social work or any other awareness campaign that you led or did you talk about the business side of things and how you led certain initiatives at work to create an impact?
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hi JMMadison, for this and the other post about interviewing, huge contributions to this thread! Crossing my fingers for your admit to RSM.
I really appreciate you including the sequence of events - helpful to know you can do practice questions on different days and get different questions.
Cheers,
Farrell

Hi Farrell

I did receive an admit to RSM, as well as two other programs. Now I have to make a decision, but glad to be in this position.

Have a good day.

JMM
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Kudos
seeyoulettter wrote:
Hi Guys,

Look forward. Thanks

Hi seeyoulettter,

For this essay, I would encourage you to really think about the mission statement for RSM "A Force for Positive Change" and what that means to you. I think this is an essay that is meant to look 'inside' of you as a person and how you feel you have made or can make a positive impact.
Not everybody has a big NGO experience or something life changing to write about, and that is ok. The key is to tell an honest story that shows some of your personal characteristics and that demonstrates how you positively impacted others.
I think I wrote this essay a few times and changed topics multiple times. These iterations helped me to develop an essay that revolved around leadership of a task that helped repair hurricane damaged houses on a large scale, but my immediate team was in charge of paperwork and billing. I didn't physically help repair houses, but was able to show the link between my teams efforts and the overall impact. Sometimes it is hard to find these types of links, and it took me a while to identify it and delve into the real questions about how it made me feel and how I perceived the positive impact being made.
Remember it can be on any scale. In the end, this is about you personally and how you fit into the culture and mission of RSM.

Hope these opinions help.

Good Luck.

JMM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi guys , I have applied for RSM ( June 4th deadline ) round , What are the documents I need to send by mail ? Do those documents also need to reach the school before June 4th only ?

Hi abhinav,
I sent official copies of my university transcripts and diplomas. Yes, I am under the impression that these needed to be received at RSM prior to the application deadline.
However, you should be in close contact with one of the admissions representatives for these types of questions. They are very helpful, in more ways than you think.

JMM

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi,I had an interview on 22nd this month at Hyderabad.Did any one of those who attended the interview at Mumbai,Delhi,hyd or Bangalore received an admit?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
swethainkushiva wrote:
Hi,I had an interview on 22nd this month at Hyderabad.Did any one of those who attended the interview at Mumbai,Delhi,hyd or Bangalore received an admit?

Hey Shweta,

I gave my interview in Mumbai on the 18th. I'm still waiting for their revert as well. Although, the director did mention that they would take more than a couple of weeks to get back.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Thanks for the reply Shelley.Let me know when they revert

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
swethainkushiva wrote:
Thanks for the reply Shelley.Let me know when they revert

Sure thing, Shweta.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
I had mine in Hyderabad on May 22. I guess nobody has received a response yet from Erasmus.

Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Kudos
To those of you that recently interviewed and are awaiting responses.
If you submitted after the round 1 deadline, then you will be grouped with round 2, which is due today.
RSM is not on a rolling admissions process. They evaluate all candidates from each round and then make decisions regarding that group.
Since round 2 is closing today, they will likely be reviewing and interviewing for the next 2-3 weeks and will then send responses to everybody.
This is my observation only, and I say it so that you all do not think negatively since they haven’t responded positively yet.
I wish all of you the best in the process, and hope that they get back to you soon.

JMM

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts