Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:53 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Harvard Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
timtim12 I'm somewhat inclined to agree, but it's difficult to say just from the surface level facts. Is there some type of exciting leadership story from your involvement in the investment club? Or anything else? It’s all about the details and how they communicate your brand. Some of these things could look a lot more interesting once we bring color to them and find out how do you do what you do to be successful.

What kind of stories do you have that speak to leadership, teamwork, and problem solving? Innovation?

I will say on the whole you do look like a pretty vanilla candidate. Their looking for a pattern of leadership from diverse, well rounded movers and shakers who are interested in lots of different things and led by a vision to improve the world in some way. what is this special sector you are interested in?

I think it's best to just put this whole school selection part to the side…it's important to do the introspection and really take full stock of what you have to bring to the table first. I like to do the school selection once I understand which essay prompts and applications leverage the strengths of my clients.

You definitely don’t have to go to GSB or HBS to have a great experience in b-school and leverage the investment.

timtim12 wrote:
**Commentary
Struggling a lot with this process, I know I have some very strong elements of my profile, but they're also very traditional - and I have no wow factors in leadership, diversity etc.

I've spoken to a couple of people about my application, most recently an admission consultant - and have been given a very negative perspective of my chances at Harvard. It's quite discouraging. Essentially - over-represented / no diversity, no wow factor, and an increasingly less favorable background (top consulting). Looking for other opinions, are year 2/3 applicants from this space doing worse?

*Background and nationality:
24 years old; United States; Male; White

*Undergrad Information:
Economics and Mathematics at top 5 US liberal arts college; GPA: 3.5/4.0

*GMAT:
760; A little heavier on verbal but good quant

*Work experience:
+/-MBB or MBB tier consulting - generalist industry and practice area, but some really interesting engagements; Promoted to post MBA level; Strong performer - with recognized / tangible awards & recognition by the firm (e.g., part of selective internal program)

*Leadership:
A bit weak here...
-- Currently: President of a community education group - mostly at my firm, executive committee in an office program - organize a number of things / events
-- College: VP in my college investment fund, president of a school club, student government representative

*Community and other:
Community teaching thing above, guide at local museum, volunteer with an NGO, and did a lot in undergrad and highschool (e.g., tutoring, etc.)

*Applying to:
H/S/W, Maybe Booth - focusing on H/W

*Post MBA goals:
Will likely start by going back to my firm - but my story will focus on my interest in entrepreneurial / business ventures in a specific sector I'm interested in
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Harvard Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
timtim12 wrote:
**Commentary
Struggling a lot with this process, I know I have some very strong elements of my profile, but they're also very traditional - and I have no wow factors in leadership, diversity etc.

I've spoken to a couple of people about my application, most recently an admission consultant - and have been given a very negative perspective of my chances at Harvard. It's quite discouraging. Essentially - over-represented / no diversity, no wow factor, and an increasingly less favorable background (top consulting). Looking for other opinions, are year 2/3 applicants from this space doing worse?

*Background and nationality:
24 years old; United States; Male; White

*Undergrad Information:
Economics and Mathematics at top 5 US liberal arts college; GPA: 3.5/4.0

*GMAT:
760; A little heavier on verbal but good quant

*Work experience:
+/-MBB or MBB tier consulting - generalist industry and practice area, but some really interesting engagements; Promoted to post MBA level; Strong performer - with recognized / tangible awards & recognition by the firm (e.g., part of selective internal program)

*Leadership:
A bit weak here...
-- Currently: President of a community education group - mostly at my firm, executive committee in an office program - organize a number of things / events
-- College: VP in my college investment fund, president of a school club, student government representative

*Community and other:
Community teaching thing above, guide at local museum, volunteer with an NGO, and did a lot in undergrad and highschool (e.g., tutoring, etc.)

*Applying to:
H/S/W, Maybe Booth - focusing on H/W

*Post MBA goals:
Will likely start by going back to my firm - but my story will focus on my interest in entrepreneurial / business ventures in a specific sector I'm interested in

timtim12,

You have a competitive profile for your target programs. However you, like every competitive applicant, needs to show that you are going to contribute you to your class and community, add something distinctive. Since you come from a fairly common cohort in the applicant pool, that might be more difficult for you, but it isn't necessarily impossible because you are a little younger, male, and a consultant.

That's something we work hard with our clients to do.

We also have a free resource, that can give you a little guidance in both showing fit and that ability to contribute: Fitting In & Standing Out: The Paradox at the Heart of Admissions. As you and others have the challenge for you will be more about standing out than fitting in.

Best,
Linda
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Just took my GMAT today and considering if I should retake given I'm targeting GSB/HBS. I know it's on the border of even having a shot but I'm hoping that with strong resume/recs I'll still have a decent shot. Additionally, most of my firm went to either GSB/HBS and I'm fortunate enough to be able to get some pretty stellar recs from well known alumni of both schools (trustee/advisor board members). Am I dreaming or should I retake and target a 740+?

Background and nationality: Asian-American

Undergrad Information: NYU/3.8 (Cum Laude)

GMAT: 700 (Q44/V42)

Work experience and leadership:
- Vice President at well-known venture capital firm; promoted early from associate to senior associate then to VP
- Have led a few of my own investments that have done well and take board seats on companies
- Before that, 1 year management consulting and 1 year PM at startup which was acquired

Community service and awards:
- Executive/Board member of a thousands+ member non-profit
- Forbes 30 under 30

Thanks!
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi belami1991,

My short answer to your question (Am I dreaming or should I retake and target a 740+?) is No (you're not dreaming) but Why Not?

Of course you're not dreaming. All top business schools evaluate your application "holistically," which means your GMAT is one factor among many factors and they take them all into consideration. Your background is clearly impressive. Your work history/track record, your employer, and strong recommendations all matter a lot. They'll notice the 30 Under 30. Your GPA is also good (we don't know what it's in, but hopefully you'll have some quant courses in there) so academically, you should look fine. They should like the board membership on the nonprofit too, especially if you have meaningful involvement there and a personal connection.

What we don't know from the below is what your personal qualities are, what your "story" is, and where you're going. All those also matter. Tons of awesome stats won't help if you come across poorly in the essay or interview. So, assuming you can deliver there - you'll absolutely have a legitimate shot.

That said, why would you take the GMAT only once? It's a tricky test, most people don't get their best scores the first time. It's early in the season - HBS just released their (same) essay question this week, and Stanford hasn't confirmed their essays for the year yet. You have time to retake it, why wouldn't you? I would wonder about that. Also, tbh - a 700 doesn't tell me everything. Is it evenly split or is one side much lower than the other? What do your IR and AWA look like? What was the test like for you? Did you prep for it? Do you struggle in general with standardized tests? I'd take it again! If it doesn't go up, no harm, no foul - it shows you tried. If it does - awesome, every little jump can help at these elite schools.

When you submit your application, you want to feel like you gave the process your all. The level of competition is stiff, and the process unpredictable. So, yeah, I'd take it again. Another option is switching to the GRE - it's becoming increasingly popular (15% of HBS's 2020 class submitted GRE scores) and some candidates just tend to do better on that test. You can always try an online practice test to see if you "click" with it better. But I think I'd rather just see how you do with a 2nd GMAT so you can show resilience and effort to score better.

Best of luck!

Warmly,
Julie-Anne Heafey
mbaMission

quote="belami1991"]Just took my GMAT today and considering if I should retake given I'm targeting GSB/HBS. I know it's on the border of even having a shot but I'm hoping that with strong resume/recs I'll still have a decent shot. Additionally, most of my firm went to either GSB/HBS and I'm fortunate enough to be able to get some pretty stellar recs from well known alumni of both schools (trustee/advisor board members). Am I dreaming or should I retake and target a 740+?

- Vice President at well-known venture capital firm; promoted early from associate to senior associate then to VP
- Have led a few of my own investments that have done well and take board seats on companies
- Before that, 1 year management consulting and 1 year PM at startup which was acquired

- Forbes 30 under 30

Thanks![/quote]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GRE 1: Q164 V151
GPA: 3.83
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I am not your typical FT MBA applicant. My Work exp is more aligned with EMBA. However, Harvard and Stanford do not offer EMBA.

Following are my stats:

1) UG from India (Non-IIT) - 3.6 GPA
2) MS from NYU - 3.7 GPA
3) GMAT - 740
4) Machine Learning professional in a top consulting firm.
5) Total Work Exp will be 9 years by admission time
6) Technology Certifications (25+)
7) 2 Research papers in Technology
8) Seasoned Marathon Runner
9) Experience in mentoring underprivileged kids with their education and aspirations

I'll be thankful if you could provide me an insight on my chances.

Thanks for your time.
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
I would recommend retaking. If you don't, the adcom might wonder why you didn't. To retake -- even if you don't get a better score -- conveys persistence in addition to showing that you're aware of how competitive this process is and that a 700 is below the HBS/GSB average. I would try the GMAT two more times, and if you can't move the needle then you might want to consider the GRE.

Otherwise I think from what you've shared of your background -- especially the Forbes mention -- it sounds like you've got a compelling story to tell.

Best of luck!

belami1991 wrote:
Just took my GMAT today and considering if I should retake given I'm targeting GSB/HBS. I know it's on the border of even having a shot but I'm hoping that with strong resume/recs I'll still have a decent shot. Additionally, most of my firm went to either GSB/HBS and I'm fortunate enough to be able to get some pretty stellar recs from well known alumni of both schools (trustee/advisor board members). Am I dreaming or should I retake and target a 740+?

- Forbes 30 under 30

Thanks!
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I think for all applicants who are over the average student age, the first question you need to answer in your materials is: Why now? Why did you wait so long to apply or realize you need an MBA to accomplish your goals? And what did you achieve/experience during that extra time that is so unique that they would want you in their class in order to have your classmates learn from you?

The older students in any given class tend to be those who have had military careers, or started their own firms, or had medical careers, or did something that justifies their delayed entry. It is unclear to me what that reason might be for you. The last thing you want them to think is that you don't know what you want to do with your life or that you're stuck in your career and so you're applying to business school.

You are also coming from the most overrepresented demographic bucket -- Indian male. So while your GPAs and GMAT are fine, you are going to need to have something from your experience (professional or personal) that really, really stands out and shows leadership. Machine learning is a buzzy area, so that might work to your advantage. But I would widen your net outside HBS and GSB -- and I would say this to most applicants who want an MBA.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

ankuranks wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am not your typical FT MBA applicant. My Work exp is more aligned with EMBA. However, Harvard and Stanford do not offer EMBA.

Following are my stats:

2) MS from NYU - 3.7 GPA
3) GMAT - 740
9) Experience in mentoring underprivileged kids with their education and aspirations

Thanks for your time.
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [1]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi ankuranks,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your profile. You have an interesting background with strong academics. That said, I am unclear about your post-MBA goals, so it makes my evaluation and recommendation a bit difficult. To gain admission to Harvard FT MBA (or any other top-tier traditional MBA program) will require a clear outline of your professional goals, and how an MBA at this point in your career makes sense.

A program you might want to consider is the Sloan Fellows (MIT is the only school (from the three) that offers the Sloan Fellows MBA, which incorporates the traditional MBA curriculum with some courses specifically designed for more senior leaders). From the information you have provided, this program would be more suitable for your needs, but happy to re-discuss once I have a clearer understanding of your goals. When ready, please reach out to coordinate a call.

Good luck!

ankuranks wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Following are my stats:

2) MS from NYU - 3.7 GPA
3) GMAT - 740

Thanks for your time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

I have a non traditional profile, and I wanted to know my chances of getting in HBS. Here are my stats:

1. GMAT: 700
2. Undergrad: UC Davis 2.97 GPA computer science and education
3. Additional coursework: HBS Online Core | Techstars Accelerator program Israel
4. Experience:
    Internship with the UN
    Technology teaching fellowship in Tanzania
    Technology management role with a leading NGO in East Africa (micro-finance)
    Started my own micro-finance organization in West Africa (one of two cofounders) and raised > $500k and launched product in partnership with a big Telco
5. Indian Male Engineer :cry:
6. Additional experience/extracurricular:
    Student Senator at University
    Student Advisor to the Chancellor at University
    University Alumni Network co-lead
    Fellow at Luxembourg House of Financial Technology
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi there -
So as your emoji shows you already know, you are unfortunately in the absolute most overrepresented applicant demographic bucket. Your GPA is significantly below average (from a non-feeder school) and your GMAT is also below average. Not sure what your quant breakdown is, but they would want to see a 70% or higher for the percentile, especially given your GPA. If you have not taken the GMAT again, you should -- they view multiple attempts positively, and might wonder why you DIDN'T try again. You may also want to see if you have better luck with the GRE.

So clearly your best shot is really playing up your very cool international/leadership experience in a way that shows how much your classmates will be able to learn from you. However, I want to be realistic with you in that all top programs fear losing students (meaning students who have to drop out once already in the program) because they cannot handle the rigor of the curriculum. So it might be very tough to convince them that you are a safe bet for a precious spot in their class above others with stronger GPAs and scores.

I always believe there is a chance for anyone with a good story, so I do think you should apply. But I also think you should apply to several other schools to increase your odds -- including programs that have average class stats more in line with yours.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

sslokhan wrote:
Hi all,

I have a non traditional profile, and I wanted to know my chances of getting in HBS. Here are my stats:

1. GMAT: 700
2. Undergrad: UC Davis 2.97 GPA computer science and education
3. Additional coursework: HBS Online Core | Techstars Accelerator program Israel
4. Experience:
    Internship with the UN
    Technology teaching fellowship in Tanzania
    Technology management role with a leading NGO in East Africa (micro-finance)
    Started my own micro-finance organization in West Africa (one of two cofounders) and raised > $500k and launched product in partnership with a big Telco
5. Indian Male Engineer :cry:
    Student Senator at University
    Student Advisor to the Chancellor at University
    University Alumni Network co-lead
    Fellow at Luxembourg House of Financial Technology
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

Nationality- India
Age- 20

Academics

Currently 3rd year in BBA with specialisation of IT.
Top college in the country
CGP - 7.9/10.0.
10th and 12std 80%.

Academic Certification

- Entrepreneurship in emerging economics from HarvardX online 92%
- Google certification in Digital Marketing 91%
- Udacity Digital marketing NanoDegree
- Hubspot Academy certification in Inbound Marketing, Content Marketing and Business Blogging.
- Sololearn certificate in SQL fundamentals
- Introduction to Spanish from Edx
- French course in undergrad cur.

Internship experience

- Unfurl Technologies company as Digital Marketer Intern in which i created marketing strategy and app development.
- The Climber company an Indian Institute Management based as Sales intern leading a team of 3 with 1 lakh sales in a month.
- Promoted as Operations head intern for entire city in The Climber. Lead a team of 15.
- Team lead Volunteer for a Non-profit company Villgro Innovations . Lead a team of 15 for conducting event for 200+ delegates in Mumbai.
- Nasscom event volunteer . Conducted event for 1000+ delegates fo National Conference.
- Team lead Volunteer for Villgro in Banglore . lead a team of 20 for 600+ delegates.
- Volunteer for NGO which developed skills in 500+ underprivilged kids

Accomplishment

Founder of 5 clubs in my college .
- Impacted in converting 200+ students to join.
- Organised 2 fests which had 1000+ participations .
- Head of management for 6 months.

Extra Curricular [b]

- District level boxer under 16 Bronze Medallist
- College boxer under 16 silver medallist and team winner.
- Awarded the gentleman quality award.
- Participated in 2 Model united Nations.
- Iken Scietnfica Zonal round participant.
- School player for Football , Cricket and atheletics
- Gold medallist in Cancer sponsored walk.

Looking forward for lots of replies .
PLZ EVALUATE MY profile for 2+2 harvard mba programme.

thanks.[/list]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

Nationality- India
Age- 20

Academics

Currently 3rd year in BBA with specialisation of IT.
Top college in the country
CGP - 7.9/10.0.
10th and 12std 80%.

Academic Certification

- Entrepreneurship in emerging economics from HarvardX online 92%
- Google certification in Digital Marketing 91%
- Udacity Digital marketing NanoDegree
- Hubspot Academy certification in Inbound Marketing, Content Marketing and Business Blogging.
- Sololearn certificate in SQL fundamentals
- Intro to spanish certified by Alison online

Internship experience

- Unfurl Technologies company as Digital Marketer Intern in which i created marketing strategy and app development.
- The Climber company an Indian Institute Management based as Sales intern leading a team of 3 with 1 lakh sales in a month.
- Promoted as Operations head intern for entire city in The Climber. Lead a team of 15.
- Team lead Volunteer for a Non-profit company Villgro Innovations . Lead a team of 15 for conducting event for 200+ delegates in Mumbai.
- Nasscom event volunteer . Conducted event for 1000+ delegates fo National Conference.
- Team lead Volunteer for Villgro in Banglore . lead a team of 20 for 600+ delegates.
- Volunteer for NGO which developed skills in 500+ underprivilged kids

Accomplishment

Founder of 5 clubs in my college .
- Impacted in converting 200+ students to join.
- Organised 2 fests which had 1000+ participations .
- Head of management for 6 months.

Extra Curricular [b]

- District level boxer under 16 Bronze Medallist
- College boxer under 16 silver medallist and team winner.
- Awarded the gentleman quality award.
- Participated in 2 Model united Nations.
- Iken Scietnfica Zonal round participant.
- School player for Football , Cricket and atheletics
- Gold medallist in Cancer sponsored walk.

Looking forward for lots of replies .
PLZ EVALUATE MY profile for 2+2 harvard mba programme.

thanks.[/list]
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hi! I'm thinking of applying to business school in 1-2 years, and right now mostly trying to see if it'd be the right decision for me. I might be planning a little too early, but I welcome any thoughts!

Background and nationality: Hispanic female. First-generation.

Undergrad: Small women's college on East Coast. 3.5 GPA in Economics.

GMAT: 700 -- planning to retake this or next summer.

- Work in equity research at one of the big mutual funds. Will have 4-5 years of experience, and hopefully a promotion to senior associate, before starting b-school. Also do a lot of work around recruiting, diversity, and development. Have been able to get my own small coverage due to strong performance on the job.
- Have 6 months of experience in marketing (temp job in between college graduation and my current job).

Community and others:
- On the board of a local charter school. Have raised thousands of dollars (beat our record every year) for a scholarship we administer to alumni.
- Teach financial literacy with a non-profit (love this and has been a source of many great ideas).
- Finance committee of a transit advocacy group.

Plan on applying to:
- HBS/HKS (MBA/MPP), MIT Sloan/HKS, CBS, Booth.

Post MBA goals:
- Interested in jumping into the FinTech or EdTech spaces. Would eventually love to do more work in the public sector as well.

Anything else?
- Am going to be launching a financial education startup over the summer that builds on the financial literacy work that I've been doing.
- Was heavily involved in clubs in undergrad. Was the treasurer of our Latina Student Organization, VP of our women in business club, and mentored a lot of first generation/low income students during my junior/senior years.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V51
Send PM
Male 28 White European

Education
GMAT 780
Undergrad GPA: Top national European university, usually ranked in the top 100 globally. I am not sure about converting my GPA but it wasn't great maybe around 3.3ish. I hope that my story will be good for having a poor GPA, I was young and convinced myself that I was going to play professional rugby, since then I had high GPA in my masters and I also have high GMAT as well as getting my CFA first time for all the exams.
Masters : Masters in Finance at a top 20 US B-school GPA 3.8
CFA certified

Work Exp
4 years is working in FP&A for an F100 company all other members of my team are MBA's from top20ish programs (Ross, Booth, McCombs, Mendoza etc).
Internships with boutique private equity firm and General Electric

Extra Curricular
Played collegiate level rugby
Involved in coaching youth and women's sports. Head coach of High School cricket team
Still play sport and do crossfit
Founded an arbitrage betting partnership in college that turned an original 1k investement into 100k in two years (This one I am unsure about, it is a good story about talking about exploiting market inefficiencies but also was based creating arbitrage opportunities in gambling markets which could be frowned upon in the US)
I have some history with charity work with children with intellectual disabilities but this has lagged since I moved to the US although I have been involved with the company charity efforts. Probably the thing that I should work on the most before I apply.

Post MBA Goals
I want to work at MBB. I know that this is considered cliched and I will work on phrasing it better but that is my genuine goal. Given my current job would be considered a future leadership role in a very large and recognized company I would probably only leave for M7 and I fell that I am probably right on the edge as a candidate for M7.

Also I feel like I naturally interview strongly, I have always been quite social and have been told that I come across very personable in my interviews but obviously this is very dependent on the day and how you get along with the interviewer.

I appreciate any feedback you can give me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 457
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q32 V49
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi
Cab someone evaluate my profile
Indian male

Academics
1. X - 90% Science
2. XII - 89% science with Economics
3. Graduation - BBA - 70% (Finance Major)
4. Chartered Accountant (CA) (Equivalent to US CPA)
5. Cleared Level 1 of CFA

Work Experience
1. Articleship (Compulsory full time training under another Chartered Accountant)
i. 11 months - with a practicing CA (2013-14)
ii. 2 yrs 2 months - in BSR & co (Chartered Accountancy firm of KPMG in India) (2014-16)

2. Experience as regular employee
i. 1 yr 3 months - KPMG India (2016-17)
ii. 1 yr 6 months - PwC India (2017 dec - till date and still continuing)

Role: Working as Assistant Manager in Tax and Regulatory services department in GST team. Major responsibilities include analysing impact of GST on transactions undertaken by the clients and highlighting risk exposure (if any), etc.
Handling multiple clients directly with a team of 3.

Achievements
1 Awarded multiple awards for performance since my stint in Kpmg
2 Rated as one of the best performers of the team for 2 consecutive years

I am preparing for GMAT and plan to give it in Mid July of 2019. I currently expect to score bt 700 - 750. This is just an estimation and I am yet to give mocks.

I am interested in 1 yr and 2 yr programs and have shortlisted the following colleges
ISB, insead, harvard, MIT, wharton, LBS, stanford.
Please review my profile and suggest colleges suitable for my profile along with a GMAT score which I should have for a realistic chance in those colleges.

Also, suggest my realistic chances of getting a scholarship.

Thanks in advance!

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
ShubhamAgarwal wrote:
Hi
Cab someone evaluate my profile
Indian male

Academics
1. X - 90% Science
2. XII - 89% science with Economics
3. Graduation - BBA - 70% (Finance Major)
4. Chartered Accountant (CA) (Equivalent to US CPA)
5. Cleared Level 1 of CFA

Work Experience
1. Articleship (Compulsory full time training under another Chartered Accountant)
i. 11 months - with a practicing CA (2013-14)
ii. 2 yrs 2 months - in BSR & co (Chartered Accountancy firm of KPMG in India) (2014-16)

2. Experience as regular employee
i. 1 yr 3 months - KPMG India (2016-17)
ii. 1 yr 6 months - PwC India (2017 dec - till date and still continuing)

Role: Working as Assistant Manager in Tax and Regulatory services department in GST team. Major responsibilities include analysing impact of GST on transactions undertaken by the clients and highlighting risk exposure (if any), etc.
Handling multiple clients directly with a team of 3.

Achievements
1 Awarded multiple awards for performance since my stint in Kpmg
2 Rated as one of the best performers of the team for 2 consecutive years

I am preparing for GMAT and plan to give it in Mid July of 2019. I currently expect to score bt 700 - 750. This is just an estimation and I am yet to give mocks.

I am interested in 1 yr and 2 yr programs and have shortlisted the following colleges
ISB, insead, harvard, MIT, wharton, LBS, stanford.
Please review my profile and suggest colleges suitable for my profile along with a GMAT score which I should have for a realistic chance in those colleges.

Also, suggest my realistic chances of getting a scholarship.

Thanks in advance!

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Shubham,

I'd be interested in seeing some kind of a spike/ unique factor in your profile, that any of the top programs would also look for. Your post here doesn't mention any such spikes. Think along these lines: exceptional leadership experiences, higher than average career progression, excellent achievements at work/ top performer, international experience. Without these, I'd think ISB would be your safest bet from the programs you have listed here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 33

GRE 1: Q165 V153
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Hi all,

If anyone can tell me my chances at HBS

1. GMAT: 700 (planning retake and 730+ before application)
2. Undergrad: IIT Delhi 7.67/10 GPA B.Tech Civil Engineer
4. Experience:
Automotive industry Japan, Strategy Division and Global Venture Partnership lead. 4 year experience.
Fluent Japanese speaker. President Award from company for outstanding experience.
#moved to Japan after graduation from India IIT Delhi.
5. Indian born and raised in an army personal family, national sports player before IIT College.
Board for student award
Mentor program award
Cultural festival coordinator.

Planning a story for opening US - Japan - India related startup accelerator which will focus education sector(can be twisted for story) by leveraging past experiences and HBS resources.

Thanks & regards,
AD
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  53   
Moderators:
HBS and Wharton Moderator
55 posts
HBS & Haas Moderator
151 posts