Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2019 Intake)Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Bookmarks
I may have been in a similar scenario. Heard from Kellogg and the deadline to respond was right around the 6 week response time. Luckily Booth got back before then. Unless you're less than a week from the Kellogg deadline probably just hold out.

Good luck.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
Send PM
Re: Calling Booth Evening/Weekend MBA Aspirants (2019 Intake)Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Applying for Fall 2019 Evening
1. 8 years of experience (the last 2 in the technology industry)
2. GPA 3.43
3. GMAT: 640, Q-46, V-32

I have taken the GMAT 2x now and am trying to figure out if I need to take it again. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Booth admissions has said I am in the middle 80% range (610-740) but I am worried my GMAT score isn't high enough.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [2]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V39
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Bookmarks
hanamana wrote:
Hi everyone,

I will be applying for Spring 2019 Weekend program. Would love to connect with everyone who is planning to apply. Good luck to you all! Let's all get in :)

Evening/Weekend App Tracker

Deadlines
Evening
Winter 2018 - October 5th 2018
Spring 2019 - January 11th 2019
Summer 2019 - April 5, 2019

Weekend
Spring 2019 - January 11th 2019

EDIT: Adding Essay topics

Evening:

The Chicago Booth Evening MBA and Weekend MBA Programs Office looks forward to learning more about you via your application.

Essay One (400 words): Why are you seeking an MBA from Chicago Booth, and why is Chicago Booth's Evening MBA your program of choice?

Essay Two (300 words): The University of Chicago’s motto is “let knowledge grow from more to more; and so be human life enriched.” Please tell us how your individual perspective and experiences will enrich and have an impact on the Booth community. Feel free to use examples from both your personal and professional life.

Re-applicant Essay (500 words): Re-applicants must submit an additional essay. The essay prompt can be found in the application.

Optional Essay (500 words maximum): If there is any important information relevant to your candidacy you were unable to address elsewhere in the application, please share that information here.

Weekend:
Essay One (400 words): Why are you seeking an MBA from Chicago Booth, and why is Chicago Booth's Weekend MBA your program of choice?

Essay Two (300 words): The University of Chicago’s motto is “let knowledge grow from more to more; and so be human life enriched.” Please tell us how your individual perspective and experiences will enrich and have an impact on the Booth community. Feel free to use examples from both your personal and professional life.

Re-applicant Essay (500 words): Re-applicants must submit an additional essay. The essay prompt can be found in the application.

Optional Essay (500 words maximum): If there is any important information relevant to your candidacy you were unable to address elsewhere in the application, please share that information here.

This thread looks very useful. I am planning to apply to Booth for the weekend program.

Took GMAT once and got 680 (Q44 V39). Planning to write the exam in the last week of Jun'19
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
GPA: 3.45
WE:Corporate Finance (Accounting)
Send PM
Got the call today. Admitted for Autumn 2019

Applied May 21
Interviewed June 4
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
chrismad26 wrote:

Applied May 21
Interviewed June 4

congratulations Chris! happy for you.

I am also targetting to get into Booth for the weekend program. Any insights on the application or interview points will be helpful!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congrats chrismad26 ! Could you share a bit about your profile and why you feel you got in ? We know the GMAT part is quite solid :thumbup:
chrismad26 wrote:

Applied May 21
Interviewed June 4
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
ambera33 wrote:
chrismad26 wrote:

Applied May 21
Interviewed June 4

I am also targetting to get into Booth for the weekend program. Any insights on the application or interview points will be helpful!

Thanks!

For the application:
- I would recommend that you take your time and make sure everything is in order and 100% accurate; I had the application open for 3 months and would revisit the details every once in awhile to make sure everything was consistent throughout
- I spent a lot of time researching the school, and I attended every admissions event that was offered. I felt like doing this made it so that when I sat down to write the essays, I had a lot of great ideas to choose from and could write authentically about what appealed to me most about the school/program
- I wrote and re-wrote my essays several times, getting feedback from friends, family, coworkers, or anyone else who would take time to critique my ideas.
- The admissions staff at Booth is absolutely top-notch, and they were available at every step of the application for questions. I spoke over the phone and in-person with admissions several times throughout the process, and I thought this was really beneficial.

For the interview:
- In my experience (which seems consistent with many debriefs on this site), the interview was much less of an "interview" and much more of a conversation about the school and why I wanted to attend.
- I did not spend too much time preparing for this because after going through the application process, I had a very clear vision for what I love about Booth and could speak to classes and professors I was interested in with ease and authenticity.
- I was somewhat nervous while waiting to start my interview, but this was immediately alleviated once I started by how relaxed the entire setting was. I interviewed with an alumnus who was incredibly easy to talk to, and the conversation flowed from start to finish without it feeling at all like there was a list of questions he was trying to answer.
- I genuinely enjoyed the experience, which lasted close to an hour.

Happy to answer any specific questions via PM, too.

Good luck with your application
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Congrats ! Could you share a bit about your profile and why you feel you got in ? We know the GMAT part is quite solid :thumbup:
chrismad26 wrote:

Applied May 21
Interviewed June 4

Thank you!

I was pretty dead-set on Booth, so I enrolled in the GSALB program to take a class last fall. I made sure to get a solid grade in the class, and the professor was kind enough to send a note to admissions on my behalf. I would encourage anyone who does not have a strong undergrad GPA or top GMAT score (or just wants to "test-drive" the Booth program before applying) to enroll in the GSALB program and crush whatever class they take.

Also, I relied on this website heavily during my GMAT prep, which brought my quant scores up by at least 8 points overall by my estimates. I'm really grateful for all of the great content here, and I'm more than happy to contribute in any way that I can now that I have completed my application process.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
bmn26 wrote:
ambera33 wrote:
chrismad26 wrote:

Applied May 21
Interviewed June 4

Thanks!

For the application:
- I would recommend that you take your time and make sure everything is in order and 100% accurate; I had the application open for 3 months and would revisit the details every once in awhile to make sure everything was consistent throughout
- I spent a lot of time researching the school, and I attended every admissions event that was offered. I felt like doing this made it so that when I sat down to write the essays, I had a lot of great ideas to choose from and could write authentically about what appealed to me most about the school/program
- I wrote and re-wrote my essays several times, getting feedback from friends, family, coworkers, or anyone else who would take time to critique my ideas.
- The admissions staff at Booth is absolutely top-notch, and they were available at every step of the application for questions. I spoke over the phone and in-person with admissions several times throughout the process, and I thought this was really beneficial.

For the interview:
- In my experience (which seems consistent with many debriefs on this site), the interview was much less of an "interview" and much more of a conversation about the school and why I wanted to attend.
- I did not spend too much time preparing for this because after going through the application process, I had a very clear vision for what I love about Booth and could speak to classes and professors I was interested in with ease and authenticity.
- I was somewhat nervous while waiting to start my interview, but this was immediately alleviated once I started by how relaxed the entire setting was. I interviewed with an alumnus who was incredibly easy to talk to, and the conversation flowed from start to finish without it feeling at all like there was a list of questions he was trying to answer.
- I genuinely enjoyed the experience, which lasted close to an hour.

Happy to answer any specific questions via PM, too.

Good luck with your application
thank you. Ill mostly be starting the application process from next month.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
bmn26 thank you so much for sharing this!! this is an awesome contribution - I hope everyone here and future applicants take note of
the GSALB strategy - so great the prof wrote a letter to admissions on your behalf. Great stuff. Congrats and enjoy Booth!

bmn26 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Congrats ! Could you share a bit about your profile and why you feel you got in ? We know the GMAT part is quite solid :thumbup:
chrismad26 wrote:

Applied May 21
Interviewed June 4

Thank you!

I was pretty dead-set on Booth, so I enrolled in the GSALB program to take a class last fall. I made sure to get a solid grade in the class, and the professor was kind enough to send a note to admissions on my behalf. I would encourage anyone who does not have a strong undergrad GPA or top GMAT score (or just wants to "test-drive" the Booth program before applying) to enroll in the GSALB program and crush whatever class they take.

Also, I relied on this website heavily during my GMAT prep, which brought my quant scores up by at least 8 points overall by my estimates. I'm really grateful for all of the great content here, and I'm more than happy to contribute in any way that I can now that I have completed my application process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
NakulChicagoBooth wrote:
chrismad26 wrote:
hanamana wrote:
rob22 wrote:
I have a question about the application section under "Motivation and Goals". There are two questions:

What is your short-term career goal? (250 word max)
What is your long-term post-MBA goal? (250 word max)

These are non-essay questions, and are short answer questions. I am wondering whether most people get close to the 250 word max, or put a simple answer of a few sentences. I feel like I could succinctly answer these in 2-3 sentences each and be < 100 words, but I could also put a lot more background to get closer to the max if they are looking for a more detailed response. I was surprised they give you this much room, because that's pretty close to the essay lengths (300 and 400 words).

Any thoughts on these questions and the level of detail in response?

This is actually a great question. For those who have received admission to the program, can you please provide insights?

I'd like to bump this now that a few more people have said that they were admitted. I'm working on my application now and would love to hear how other people approached what appear to me to be "hidden essays"

I would advice you to target around 200 words - they are looking for a little bit more color than just 2-3 lines i.e. <100 words. Ideally,
1. Be more specific in your short-term goal and be able to show your transitions clearly. The adcom of business schools sees your your short-term goal from the lens of how "recruitable" you are post-graduation in that job/industry/function
2. Be aspirational and show impact in your long-term goal. Remember to be thematic and show what problem you saw, and how you as a leader are in a position to be able to solve that problem by inspiring others

Hello, I have a question about how these goals "essays" of 250 words relate to and effect how to approach the largest essay
"Why are you seeking an MBA from Chicago Booth, and why is Chicago Booth’s Evening MBA your program of choice? (400 words max)"

How should we approach this essay? My first instict is to do first half short/long term goals with a story about why those are my goals, and second have a "why booth" essay. However, would my first half be redundant or not a good use of space given that i've technically had 500 words to discuss my goals earlier in the application? This would turn this 400 word essay into a giant "Why Booth?" essay which I could certainly write 400 words about and more, but I just don't know if the adcom will think that's weird or if this approach is incorrect!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72886 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Booth Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Booth Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Booth Forum for all fresh things related to the Booth MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts