Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:12 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020) [#permalink]
I realized that there wasn't any forum for the waitlisted candidates for the Jan'20 intake hence, I have created the below forum. I encourage everyone who is waitlisted to visit this forum and share updates for the benefit of the candidates who are on the waitlist.

"WAITLISTED: INSEAD Jan'2020 intake"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2020 Intake (Class of Dec 2020) [#permalink]
Anyone else in R3 waiting for the interview email?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
tati912 wrote:
Anyone else in R3 waiting for the interview email?

Yup. R3 applicant waiting for interview invitations.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Yeap, R3 waiting here.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Yup..round 3 applicant.waiting

MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
I realize it's tough waiting round 3 folks…to fill the time and reduce stress, I encourage my applicants to think about their next move should it not work out. Think of yourself as a business – this way you won’t lose any time. Business continuity. Because when you are disappointed there is a bit of a lag there to refocus; this way, you jump in directly to plan B. Early acceptance and Round 1 is coming up so think about those applications (the odds are so much better) Just prep things a little bit - doesn't mean you're giving up! Means you are being strategic.
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi thelionking123 that is a bummer, sorry to hear that. I realize you are super sick of the GMAT but if you can get some outside help or do something different would go for attempt #5 because if it doesn't work out you can just cancel the score and it will not have any adverse affect on this whole situation. Glad to know you meet the threshold for 75% however its tough because other Indians are likely to have a great profile and a slightly better test score. If you cant compete on the basis of the test score then do your best to differentiate yourself from the competition in your activities to include in your update letter; pointers on how to do that in this article https://mbaessaycoaching.com/2019/06/22/submitting-mba-applications-with-low-grades/
thelionking123 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
thelionking123

I know that it is annoying but I would very strongly recommend that you retake your GMAT. Get a tutor, a study group, mix it up.

As an Indian I'm actually a bit surprised that you were wait-listed and not dinged with that score. Did you receive a 75% or better on both sections? This is their threshold.

It's not really a quick process they will continue to ask you if you want to stay on the waitlist up until December,
If you're not admitted sooner.

I would make sure to lay out plans for other applications but also look for opportunities where you could improve for this application (gmat and others identified) in addition to ways to create a compelling update letter sent with strategic timing.

thelionking123 wrote:
Got an email for the waitlist.

R2 applicant from India. Anybody knows the acceptance rate for people in wait list and by when do they generally inform you the final decision?

I don't want to give my GMAT again. Have a 690 score, female candidate from non-profit. Just hoping that I hear from them soon for a rejection or acceptance. your 2 cents will help!

MBAPrepCoach

I believe I have a strong profile and a diverse experience, hence the wait list. Are there any other ways that can compensate my GMAT Score? I have already given my GMAT 4 times with 690 as my best score. I'm afraid if I give it again and not score, it will only decrease my chances of acceptance. I got 76% in Quant and 74% in Verbal. Almost border line.
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Pangolin, my research has shown 50%-55% of those interviewed are accepted.
Pangolin wrote:
Is there any information (or hypotheses) on the conversion rate from interview to admit? Eg. If 100 people are invited for interviews, roughly X will be admitted?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
Send PM
Dear MBAPrepCoach, would you kindly share your stats (if you have any) on distribution of interview invites within specified time frame? I mean what % of total invites is sent within 1st week following application deadline, what % is sent within 2nd, 3rd and 4th weeks?
After your post about plan "B", it seems that there is nothing left for us (R3s who are still not invited) to wait for...

MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Pangolin wrote:
Is there any information (or hypotheses) on the conversion rate from interview to admit? Eg. If 100 people are invited for interviews, roughly X will be admitted?
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi srazumkov, just to be clear the 55% number applies to those who were interviewed. Not applied.

I do not track statistics on the distribution of interview invitations but the fact is, it can happen at any time and earlier does not always or really ever indicate better chances or more interest. You have reason to stay hopeful until July 5th!

I'm afraid you misinterpreted my Plan B post. What I am saying is this: if a deal is pending, generate other deals in the pipeline. If you go for a job interview, don't sit and do nothing until you hear back from them. Act assertively and proactively. If you are on the WL, create a plan of attack for your update letter and then get other deals in the pipeline.

And if you are waiting for the interview call/email, a good way to take your mind off of obsessing is to come up with a Plan B. To be honest, half of those interviewed are not chosen so it's wise to submit other applications anyways; for those interested in European recruitment, apply to IESE Early Acceptance Round at the top of September. Really great odds for that. Doesn't mean you are losing hope for INSEAD it means you are being proactive and strategic.

Maximize exposure for best results rather than waiting for the phone to ring, that is all I am saying.

srazumkov wrote:
Dear MBAPrepCoach, would you kindly share your stats (if you have any) on distribution of interview invites within specified time frame? I mean what % of total invites is sent within 1st week following application deadline, what % is sent within 2nd, 3rd and 4th weeks?
After your post about plan "B", it seems that there is nothing left for us (R3s who are still not invited) to wait for...

MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Pangolin wrote:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Kudos
Just received an interview invite (R3 Jan 2020 intake), so please remain hopeful!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos