Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:25 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q49  V47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations Great score.
Thanks for sharing your views with the club and good luck with the apps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow Larzke,

That was a very inspirational story. One of the most thorough accounts I have ever read on this forum. I myself am taking the test on the 31st and my GmatPrep scores were 610 & 700. I visited the test center today to try to get comfortable with the 'Pearson' location. Sure enough, the visit made me even more nervous. Your story definitley calmed my nerves though, for the time being lol. Thank you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Larzke,

There's no doubt in my mind that this was perhaps one of the best GMAT summaries I've read. Very comprehensive, and it addresses some of the worries I've been having currently. I have a date with GMAT soon!

Congratulations and this should take you wherever you want. So what schools are on your radar?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 782 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
wow!!! what a great summary... took me 30 min to read this, but it's all good when you need RC practice :lol: Thank you very much for taking your time to show each angle of your incredible GMAT story!!!

party hard!!! :band
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1133 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
 Q50  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wonderful!!!!! Congrats buddy...
excellent debriefing.!!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey, congratulations!!! 760. Unbelievable!
Thank you for taking time and sharing your thougths and experiences.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 380 [0]
Send PM
wow! [#permalink]
congratulations. I've only started reviewing for the GMAT last week and the only books i ordered online are Kaplan (both workbooks, and the premier) and the OG11(with workbooks).DO you think these books are enough?
I'm not a native English speaker and am having problems with RC. normally, my score would range from 4/6 to 5/7 and I think this realy sucks.Any suggestions? You mentioned not taking notes while reading passages, but I usually get lost when I don't take notes...esp those that discuss science.
Any tips on improving RC? thanks
By the way, how did you get your diagnostic score on the Kaplan? I got a 66% but I don't know what score that equates to...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations, thanks for sharing your success story :)
:beer
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations on a job well done! Your debriefing is very profound and comprehensive. Thank you for putting in the time and energy to share this information with other club members. :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
First of all CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!

And as for your post!! WoW!!!!

your post was so good that while i was reading it i could hardly hear anything around me... Great inspiration and great analysis.. :wink:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Excellent... [#permalink]
:-D :-D That was a great debriefing. I recently stopped studying for my GMATs due to a bit of fear and disillusionment and I have to say reading it made me feel a lot better.

I feel a more prepared to hit the books again and this time with information on how to stop doing some of the things I had done before, i.e. not getting the answer right and just moving on and making "careless" answers.

This has helped greatly!

Thank you

and congrats on your score! You earned it!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey guys,

I just finished my GMAT and scored a 760

wooohooo

The preparation described above is very similar to what I did except I did not invest in probability except thru practice. Couple tips:

1. Manhattan GMAT prep is the way to go. And OG, and the supplements. I focused on the harder questions in each book.

2. Track all your mistakes and revisit them. Make notes of traps and random math/SC facts along the way.

3. Spend at least 2-3 hrs a day for 3 months. Take the GMAT challenges. If score 60-80% you will do about 95% in Math. Don't worry about studying probability separately. FYI, I did not get a single Probability question.

4. Def'y manage your sleep. Get plenty of rest the night before. This comes down to sleep routines, work out schedule, etc. Don't underestimate how important this is.

5. Test Day -- went for a run/worked out 2 hrs before. I got a lot of excess adrenaline and emotion out of my system from this. I ate at 9 and had another snack at 11:30. I bought a large Tazo Awake tea to thest test and stuck it in my locker with a banana and cliffs bar. At the break I had 1/4 of the tea and banana (I was def'y feel more hungry). At the second break, I had a lot more tea and the cliff's bar (was very hungry). You need to maintain your sugar but you do not want a heavy lunch to slow you down. Thinking will burn a lot of calories, so you better bring snacks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Oh yes...

On test day, I did spend the morning reviewing some SC notes and also hard Quant problems I got wrong. This can really deflate you -- esp when you still get a 1/3 of them wrong. I worked out and stopped thinking about the problems, relaxed, and read the paper. Working out created that break in state, and allowed me to think positively. Mindset I believe matters bigtime. Your beliefs should be:
1. This is an opp'y for me to show off my skills
2. The GMAT tests specific skills that can be learned
3. There are only so many questions that these skills can test, and thru practice I can master them all.
4. I am a superstar. Your internal monologue should talk yourself up.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 262 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Re: 760 (q49, v47) [#permalink]
thank you for the great story! Now is my turn to take the test
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
What a report! Many thanks to you, Larzke. If by any chance you still sometimes read this forum, please PM me or write a reply as I'd like to ask you a few questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 211 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
Digging this out of the grave, eh?

Solid post regardless!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Super awesome. Thanks for the inspiration.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts