Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.58
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 199 [0]
Given Kudos: 1283
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 1541 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Send PM
Re: 730 (47q/44v) on Tuesday.. looking to improve quant [#permalink]
Congratulations.. best wishes

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
JSFTX wrote:
Hi all,

Tuesday I took the official GMAT and scored a 730. Although the score was good, I'd like to improve quant to 49+ so I can be more competitive and M7 schools.

My last three tests (including official GMAT practice 2 and 3) are:

6/20/19 740 (q46 v45) Official practice test 2

7/06/19 720 (q47 v42) Official practice test 3

7/16/19 730 (q47 v44) Official GMAT

I feel very good about my ability to perform on the verbal, and I'll continue to do review there so that I can make sure and hit 44+ next time I take it. However, I'd like advice on improving my quant as it seems as though I've hit a ceiling at 47. I only really studied external resources (MGMAT) for a month, and then went on vacation for four weeks (had time between a new job) and then took a few practice tests and did 20 problems a day for three or so weeks after vacation. Did nothing the week before the test.

I feel confident that I can get into The University of Texas or Rice (my ultimate post-MBA goal is Oil and Gas Investment Banking,) but I think it would be crazy to not try and improve my GMAT and apply to some reach schools (Columbia, Booth, Wharton). I'll apply Round 1 to UT and Rice and work with an admissions consultant for the other three schools Round 2.

Currently, I'm leaning towards starting Target Test Prep in order to get my quant where I'd like it to be. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I scheduled my test two for seven weeks from today 9/7/19.

Thanks, all!

You do know you can apply in round 1 with a great score of 730. However, as someone who has a technical background need not worry about quant
Also
Just going for higher quality material won't do much good. Quant is all about striking, take material from sources such as Jamboree or any chinese coachings that help you in Quant material. These material are also available on GMAT Club, they've got a variety of GMAT style problems. Take a look, I'm sure you'll benefit.

Have you given any other tests ?
Such as MGMAT, Kaplan, Veritas, If so what were your scores in those
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Math Expert
92912 posts