Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:09 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.61
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 191
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 200
Send PM
Re: Sloan Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
hazelnut wrote:
Hi Guys,

This thread is the master profile evaluations thread for MIT Sloan applications only. We do not want random profile evaluation threads everywhere on the forum. This will help people get some consolidated (and free :P ) advice from consultants and help others learn as well.

Post your profile here if you want!

Suggested Template

Background and nationality
Undergrad Information
GMAT:
Work experience and leadership
Community and others
Post MBA goals
Anything else?

Costa Rican, Female, 25 years old

Academics:
Bachelor in Int. Relations with a minor in Business from a top Israeli Institution GPA 3.5/4

GMAT: 660 (Q43, V38) *
*Planning to re-take improve score.

Work Experience:
4 Years at P&G doing finance (would start MBA with 5y).
Obtained 2 promotions (both in different levels).
Managed ~12 people.

Extra-curricular:
Did exchange program in Belgium (taught in French).
Very active volunteer work benefiting families in Costa Rica.
Debate Club.
Ambassador's Club (met with diplomats).
Part of a social initiative of one-teacher schools in Costa Rica.

Languages:
-Fluent: english, spanish, french & italian.
-Basic: hebrew & german.

Post MBA goal: sustainability, social enterprise, social impact, NGO's, public sector.

-I'm a bit scared that I won't get an increased GMAT score for R1 but would you suggest to push to R2 or apply with the 660? I'm doing lots of research to present a strong application to compensate the low GMAT.

Thoughts welcomed!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.59
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Re: Sloan Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi, would really appreciate the my profile evaluation

GMAT : 710, 46Q 40V; 2nd attempt 760 50q 44v
UG: BE Mechanical 3.59/4 cgpa with 70% scholarship, Final year project with country's space agency related to rocket design, Conference paper on the design

Qualiifcations: PMP Certified

Work Experience: 3 years,
Just had my first promotion 5 months ago. My experience is majorly in oil and gas sector, having played leading roles as Team Lead Mechanical and HoD Procurement and Warehousing. Currently been in a projects management role for almost past 2 years where experience involves 1) erection and pre-commissioning of a plant as site supervisor 2) takeover of another plant as a key member of Projects team of around 30 people 3) extension of a plant as engineer during design phase and site supervisor during execution with up to 300 people working under my supervision.

Recent Startup: A part of a team of 4. Where we are trying to provide a platform for fixing of electrical issues in household by having a few electricians working with us in Lahore.

Nationality: Pakistani

short term goals: Switching to management consulting

Thanks a lot in advance :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
Send PM
Hi!

Please evaluate my profile for an MBA at Sloan:
Nationality: Indian

GMAT Score: 750 (Q48, V45)

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: B.Tech in Mechatronics Engineering-3.30/4.00 (86%)
Class 12: 89.3%
Class 10: 9.4/10.0

Work Experience:
Working at Maruti Suzuki India Limited (3 Years) in a central operations and strategy role in production. Responsible for central procurement (~100MRs) procurement strategy, system adherence, strategy deployment in areas of cost, quality, safety and productivity.

Extra-Curricular:
Finisher at Desert Storm rally in 2018.
Participated in various cricket tournaments at school, college and company level.
Winner at company level management quiz.
Participated in multiple theatre and music competitions in school and college.
Finisher at Devils Circuit Delhi Edition 2019

I enjoy meeting people and sharing stories.
Enjoy cricket and badminton.
Love listening to music and playing the drums.
Recently been cycling a lot and planning to get associated with a cycling group in Delhi.

Thanks!
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Akshatarora0112,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your profile. Can you tell me a bit about your goals post-MBA (short and long-term)? B-Schools are experienced with a variety of grading systems, so it's wise for your not to convert your GPA. That said, how do you rank in your undergraduate class profile?

While you have a great GMAT score, I haven't read much in your profile description that makes you stand out from the crowd. If you want an admit to Sloan, you will need to be introspective about your experiences, why you require an MBA, why now, and why Sloan.

I also understand that this is a public forum, and you might not want to share fully your background and experiences. I am happy to take this conversation offlineand see how we can help you reach your academic dreams.

Good luck!

Susan

Akshatarora0112 wrote:
Hi!

Please evaluate my profile for an MBA at Sloan:
Nationality: Indian

GMAT Score: 750 (Q48, V45)

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: B.Tech in Mechatronics Engineering-3.30/4.00 (86%)
Class 12: 89.3%
Class 10: 9.4/10.0

Work Experience:
Working at Maruti Suzuki India Limited (3 Years) in a central operations and strategy role in production. Responsible for central procurement (~100MRs) procurement strategy, system adherence, strategy deployment in areas of cost, quality, safety and productivity.

Extra-Curricular:
Finisher at Desert Storm rally in 2018.
Participated in various cricket tournaments at school, college and company level.
Winner at company level management quiz.
Participated in multiple theatre and music competitions in school and college.
Finisher at Devils Circuit Delhi Edition 2019

I enjoy meeting people and sharing stories.
Enjoy cricket and badminton.
Love listening to music and playing the drums.
Recently been cycling a lot and planning to get associated with a cycling group in Delhi.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V37
GRE 1: Q168 V161
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
Hi!

I was just wondering if my profile could be evaluated for MIT Sloan. I am applying to Sloan, Booth and Duke- Thanks a lot!

Background/Nationality: 
• 25M, Indian, born and raised in Dubai, UAE for 17 years (permanent resident in Dubai), working in the United States
• Dealt with family tragedy stemming from unavailable life-saving and cost-effective drugs to treat life-threatening disease- Resulted in development of my resolve to understand effective drug delivery methods and be in the life sciences industry

Undergrad school/major: Georgia Institute of Technology, 3.64 GPA, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering

Work Experience: 
3.5 years at Deloitte Consulting focusing on supply chain transformation projects for Life Sciences clients- Promoted from analyst to consultant (Top of analyst class all 3 years)
• Led team of 3 at a life sciences client to revamp supply chain and reduce order backlog for $1B facility, targeting potential savings of $30M
• Managed 5 analysts to design and implement new logistics processes for a biotechnology client across 4 countries (Belgium, Japan, Singapore, USA), increasing global supply chain efficiency by 30% and $16M in revenue
• Awarded $500K in funding to develop prototype for integrated supply chain platform, with potential client savings of $35M
• Led college recruiting efforts as program chair, increasing STEM students intake by 15%
• Awards at Deloitte: Deloitte Applause Awards for ‘Best Performing Consultant’, Winner of Deloitte Innovation challenge , Top 5 at ‘Startup Deloitte’, Top 4 in Atlanta Startup Venture Competition

GRE: 329 (168Q/161V)

Extra Curriculars: 
• Volunteer Project Manager at education non-profit called Haiti Now- in charge of all fundraising efforts to build a school in Haiti that will teach up to 200 kids. Raised $15k so far out of $400k goal (2019-Present)
• Project Lead for internal Deloitte pro-bono consulting initiative to improve vision screening in Atlanta Public schools (2018-2019)- Managed team of 4 analysts to optimize vision-screening process in public schools, targeting 50% increase of elementary school kids screened across 130 schools
• President of a Net Impact organization in Georgia for 4 years (2012-2016)- Launched ‘Social Enterprise Career Fair’ to connect 150+ students with 20 social enterprises, resulting in 90% placement rate

Hobbies: Piano, travel (visited 17 countries), hiking, exploring national parks , reading biographies and science fiction

Goal of MBA: 
• Business Acumen: MIT Sloan's focus on action learning and cross campus integration will help me gain overall business acumen and help me understand supply chain interdependencies with other business units in an organization such as finance, marketing etc. Action learning labs would be a great hands-on experience to work with diverse sets of people (culturally and expertise area) and approach solving problems by learning from different perspectives 
• Life Sciences: The MBA degree will also allow me to understand the life sciences industry at a macro scale and understand how external factors such as policy, delivery innovation can directly improve healthcare outcomes for individuals- For example: Healthcare certificate classes and H-Lab at MIT Sloan would provide me these exact skills I need
• Goal Post- MBA: Come back to Deloitte and follow the Partner track at the firm to lead the Life Sciences Practice

Deloitte Sponsorship Process: Went through the process successfully but sponsorship was later revoked after my H-1B was denied. I have an informal offer to return to Deloitte post-MBA due to my high performance. The H-1B denial also meant that I had to leave Deloitte in May this year temporarily for 8 months. Currently, I am working at Haiti Now and getting my PMP certification.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
asaraimhigh wrote:
Hi, please evaluate my profile.

GRE - 322 (Q-170, V-152)
Engineer at MNC in India & worked at a high growth Indian startup.
Total 4 years of work-experience till joining.

Under-graduate - 8.7/10 from BITS Pilani

Extra Curricular: Odissi Dancer
My goal after doing an MBA is too have enough business skills to be capable of starting up.

Please let me know where do I stand.

Thanks,

Hi,

Your career goals sound too high level. You'll need to get down to the details while drafting your cover letter.
Other details about your work experience, related achievements, ECAs are missing, so I'd not be able to offer any other advice
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 135 [0]
Given Kudos: 178
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.94
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Please find my profile below. I appreciate any feedback.

Background and nationality: Czech Republic, white male, 26 years
Educational Background:
- Lived for 2years in UK, where I finished my high school diploma - not sure if relevant but adds more international experience.
- Undergrad: Empire State College with double major in Business administration and International Economic Relations; GPA 3.93 (top 3%)
- CFA level 3 candidate 2020
- ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business (first three exams)
GMAT: taking GMAT in 3 weeks, mock score of 650, expecting 700
Work experience and leadership:
- 4 years full time experience (by fall 2020, not considering internships mentioned below,)
- Currently: Senior Mergers&Acquisitions and Strategy Consultant at Big 4 (I work in two teams), responsible for 2-3 consultants/interns
- Previously: 0.5y full-time finance internship at IGO in Belgium, 0.5y internship at local investment bank, 0.5y internship at US embassy commercial section, 1y Data Administrator at Moody's Analytics
Community involvement: Volunteering at CFA local society
Post MBA goals: I plan to transition to investment associate role leveraging my current B4 experience and CFA.
Target schools: INSEAD, Haas, MIT
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.55
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Bio: 1997, Australian, Engineer, Male

GMAT: 780 (Q 51 / V 46)

Intend to apply R1 for 2021 intake.

Education: Top 250 in the world uni, but nothing glamorous. Course Weighted Average 80% (Approx GPA is somewhere from 3.4-3.7 depending on what you convert with but there's no official GPA used, and Australian marks don't convert easily) Mechatronics Engineering

Full time work Ex - (at time of applying Sep 2021)
1. 1.2 years Technology Strategy and Automation Capability Development for same company as below. Global role looking at multiple initiatives within the business ranging from Machine Automation to Data Analytics, Machine Learning and Decision Automation.
2. 0.7 years as a Graduate Engineer based at a mine for one of the world largest miners and had the chance to work on multiple major initiatives with multi-million dollar impacts.

Part time/Intern ex:
1. 0.25 years full time as an engineering intern at a large mining company in reliabilty engineering.
2. 0.5 years part time internship as an engineering intern at a joint venture between a major networks company, major oil and gas company and govenrnment data authority.

Extra curricular:
School
1. Accumulated 100+ hours of volunteering with many large organisations including Meals on Wheels and Salvation Army.

Undergrad
1. University Leadership Program. Lead organisation of event between 5 people to raise 3.8k through a charity evening for Opportunity International.
The following year, I mentored incoming students to guide their journey in establishing plastic bottle recycling in Western Australia.
2. Volunteered in program addressing Higher Education Access Disadvantage, encouraging students from lower socio-economic areas to consider university or other tertiary education.
3. Volunteer Ambassador for University, helping create a connection for prospective students and enable to discover the right fit for themselves.
4. Volunteered as Treasurer for the university club for my degree, as well as committee member for a cultural club.

After undergrad
1. Ambassador for alumni association of college and created the social media presence - generating 20K+ engagement in 6 months.
2. Participated in education related CSR activities at Big 4 firm

Target Schools: Stanford/Sloan/Berkeley/Wharton

Post MBA Goal - Deciding between Management at a Technology firm vs Pursuing my own Start Up Venture in Automation related areas.

The questions I have are -

1. What do I need to build on in the next 12 months to get to those target schools?
2. Coming from the mining industry, does it impact the MBA application? I can say i've not seen many from that industry at all on these forums.
3. What sort of areas will help build the extracurricular area for a school like Stanford?
4. What else can I do to improve my profile?
5. Is there someone I've overlooked when it comes to Business Schools well suited to technology? Stanford's my #1, and i'd say Sloan/Berkeley are pretty level 2nd.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Background and nationality: Indian Female

Undergrad Information: B.Tech (computer science) from a not-so-well-known college (IP University,Delhi), GPA 3.7 (80%age)

GMAT: 750 (Q50 V42)

Work experience and leadership: 4 yrs experience in top tech company (great brand-name), Software engineer role throughout (some good accomplishments) - involved in entire life-cycle of software development, throughout in India
No management experience at work; 2 promotions but no changes in designation (hence, no career progression)
Was General secretary of CSI(Computer society of India) branch in the college, organized tech fest and events
Also was the Associate Creative Head for some time

Community and others: Nothing major, some volunteer work at office
Hobbies: Drawing/doodling/Art, Zumba

Post MBA goals: Product Management in a Tech company

Is Sloan a realistic goal for me? Does it make sense for me to apply? Being in an over-represented pool, with no innovation/ entrepreneurial experience.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
AstarLstar wrote:
Background and nationality: Indian Female

Undergrad Information: B.Tech (computer science) from a not-so-well-known college (IP University,Delhi), GPA 3.7 (80%age)

GMAT: 750 (Q50 V42)

Work experience and leadership: 4 yrs experience in top tech company (great brand-name), Software engineer role throughout (some good accomplishments) - involved in entire life-cycle of software development, throughout in India
No management experience at work; 2 promotions but no changes in designation (hence, no career progression)
Was General secretary of CSI(Computer society of India) branch in the college, organized tech fest and events
Also was the Associate Creative Head for some time

Community and others: Nothing major, some volunteer work at office
Hobbies: Drawing/doodling/Art, Zumba

Post MBA goals: Product Management in a Tech company

Is Sloan a realistic goal for me? Does it make sense for me to apply? Being in an over-represented pool, with no innovation/ entrepreneurial experience.

Hi,

Give it a shot because your work experience and goals align with what MIT has to offer. YOu have a good GMAT score and a decent GPA , so you are definitely in the reckoning.
Showing leadership at work and outside would be a definite requirement - a lot of times applicants have the right examples, but they don't mine their data well enough for the application building.
We can also suggest some other programs to you which will be equally good for product management.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Background and nationality: 31 year old single mom. Help airlines across the world implement eCommerce, merchandising and loyalty solutions.
Undergrad Information: B.Tech Biotechnology IIT Madras 7.69/10 CGPA
GMAT: 740 (V42 Q49)
Work experience and leadership: Total 11+ years of work ex. 8+ years in airline tech helping airlines implement tech solutions, in which 5+ in management positions, 3 years in pharma analytics. 1 year in US. Visited 17+ countries where I worked with senior leaders of global airlines. Displayed product and process innovation in current role. No start-up founder/C-level experience.
Community and others: Founding leader of young professionals council at my company helping provide young professionals with leadership, mentorship and networking opportunities. Started first of its kind mentorship program at my company.
Post MBA goals: Short term: Help airlines make data driven decisions to target the right traveler for the right product. Long term: Help simply and ease the complex orchestra among various organizations in the travel inddustry.
Anything else? Applying for Sloan Fellows MBA only for now. Not planning for any other programs. Am I a good fit?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.25
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Wondering if I should apply to Sloan. Details are:

Negatives:
Indian male applicant
Profession: Mid-office investment banking for 8 years after graduation in 2011
Graduation: IIT Roorkee Btech (2011), CGPA of 7.3/10.0
GMAT: 720 (Q49, V40)

Positives:
Got an early promotion as I pioneered the automation efforts in investment banking in my company. Probably it fits with the "invention" mentality at MIT.
My motivation: My father was a farmer. That's my motivation for MBA - I want to work for reforms in the agriculture sector in India, as I have seen the struggles of farmers first-hand. In the short term, I aim to go for consulting to learn strategic thinking.

Can anyone please comment if I stand a chance? If the profile doesn't fir because of the negatives, I might not apply and rather focus on other applications. Please help!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Hello all.

Would really appreciated feedback on my profile for the MFin at Sloan.
Note: I applied for the 2019 intake, but couldn't make it after the interview round. Probably the lack of work experience hurt my chances.
Background and nationality: 21 year old Indian
Undergrad Information: B.Com from SRCC (#1 UG college for commerce in India). GPA -7.81/10 (74%) at a Tier I college.
GMAT: 710 (Q48,V40). Planning to retake the exam if need be, or attempt CFA L1.
IELTS: 8.0 band overall
Work experience and leadership: Will start working as a financial analyst in PE Vertical at a leading financial services firm in December. Plan to work for 1.5-2 years and apply in December 2020. Apart from this, I have interned at EY (International Tax Department) and Petronas (Sales and Distribution).
Extra-curricular and leadership: 1. Played football for both school and college.
2. I am a drummer and been part of various competitions in school.
3. Proficient in Python, Financial Modelling. Also learning R and Tableau.
4. Corporate Communications Head of the Internship Cell of the College. Also was a member of societies like Sports & Finance and Investment.
Post Masters' goals: Would like to enter the Investment Banking Industry immediately after the program. Long term goal is to open a boutique investment firm. Also interested in a PhD, though little to no research experience.

Any kind of feedback would be great!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
karankaul18 wrote:
Hello all, Would really appreciated feedback on my profile for the MFin at Sloan.

We have a fairly active thread exclusively for Sloan profile evaluations. It's better to post your profile eval requests in that thread instead as a separate topic. Merging your topic in the Sloan profile eval thread.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Background and nationality- American
Undergrad Information- BS Engineering from UT Austin with 3.5 GPA overall
GMAT: 740 Overall (49Q, 41V)
Work experience and leadership- 6 years O&G/Energy as technical engineer, mentored/supervised two interns
Community and others: Volunteer as a STEM presenter, at a local food bank, chair of network for young professionals, intern coordinator for my company
Post MBA goals: Strategy and operations consulting short term- wanted to help firms, specifically energy firms, develop and implement methods to increase cash flow with every changing environment in terms of fossil fuels (IE. climate change, decrease in demand in fuels, new regulations). This interest came from a some projects I've been working on in my sector that I am heavily involved in.
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi chestud13,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your profile. Overall, I think you have an excellent profile (academically and professionally), and think you would do well at Sloan. The next step is to make a compelling case for why Sloan (or any other target institution) specifically. Also, do spend time talking about your contributions to your organization and how those experiences can help you with your goal.

You can also check out this article on other schools you should look at that can help you with your goals.

If you would like to speak further about your profile, and how we can help you stand out in your applications, please reach out.

Good luck!

Susan

chestud13 wrote:
Background and nationality- American
Undergrad Information- BS Engineering from UT Austin with 3.5 GPA overall
GMAT: 740 Overall (49Q, 41V)
Work experience and leadership- 6 years O&G/Energy as technical engineer, mentored/supervised two interns
Community and others: Volunteer as a STEM presenter, at a local food bank, chair of network for young professionals, intern coordinator for my company
Post MBA goals: Strategy and operations consulting short term- wanted to help firms, specifically energy firms, develop and implement methods to increase cash flow with every changing environment in terms of fossil fuels (IE. climate change, decrease in demand in fuels, new regulations). This interest came from a some projects I've been working on in my sector that I am heavily involved in.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hello, I am curious as to what my chances of getting into Sloan are. Thank you in advance for any and all insight.

1. GMAT: 740 (Q48/44V)
2. Undergrad: mid-tier US private university 3.7 GPA, business major
3. Additional coursework: 1 HBS Online course
4. Experience:
3 years Active Duty US Army (will be 4 when class starts)
-1 deployment to the Middle East
-2 roles leading ~ 20 people each time and responsible for $3M/$20M worth of equipment
-by name selected for a third role to deploy in position above rank
5. 25-year-old white male
6. Additional experience/extracurricular:
Student Class Representative while in college
Army ROTC
7. Post MBA Goal
Either start or be early in a company
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  21   
Moderators:
Sloan and Fuqua Moderator
12 posts
Booth & Sloan Moderator
38 posts