Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:16 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [1]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GPA: 3.5
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
European Schools Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Re: Calling all Erasmus (Rotterdam) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake! [#permalink]
shreyagupta1401 wrote:
Hi, any perspective if I apply in Round 4, which is October deadline. I am yet to give my GMAT and would want to apply with the scores. I do understand that the scores can be submitted later, but will that impact my application?

Also, I am not ready with any LOR yet. Do I even need to submit one?

Hi Shreyagupta,

I agree with the previous advice. You should reach out to the adcom as soon as you are thinking of applying. They will help to guide you through the process.
You should also start to contact your recommenders as soon as possible. They are most likely busy individuals that will take time to be educated about your new path and develop solid recommendation letters.
You have a lot of research and processes to go through and very little time.
Good Luck!

JMM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
aditya590550 wrote:
Hi,
Has anyone received any feedback from RSM after the Aug deadline? I submitted my application in the second week of July. Yet to hear from them...

Hi, even I applied for Aug deadline. Haven't heard anything yet.

Posted from my mobile device
ajay7767 wrote:
aditya590550 wrote:
Hi,
Has anyone received any feedback from RSM after the Aug deadline? I submitted my application in the second week of July. Yet to hear from them...

Hi, even I applied for Aug deadline. Haven't heard anything yet.

Hi Ajay & Aditya
The August deadline was only two weeks ago. RSM typically does not evaluate on a rolling basis, they will wait until after the deadline and review all applicants in a pool. This will take 2-3 weeks, after the deadline, before they start to get back to anybody with a response. They will generally take the full time between rounds for their decision process, which means you may not hear back for another 5-6 weeks at the latest.
My advice is to stay calm and confident. If you do not hear back in maybe 2-3 weeks, then shoot them a message or call. Stay courteous / polite and do not bother them unnecessarily. Remember that ALL interactions are considered in the decision process.

Hope this helps.
Good Luck!

JMM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Madison, thanks for the feedback.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
Send PM
Not yet. I guess they take a minimum of 3 weeks to process all the applications within a round.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Send PM
Hello All,

I have a question regarding the letters of recommendation.

Are my referees provided a form (a questionnaire) which they must complete online or do they have to provide an actual letter?

From my research - they will be provided with a link to their online recommendation form. Could someone please confirm this?

Thanks kindly!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
They are provided with a questionnaire form. A letter too can be attached but it’s optional

Sri1025 wrote:
Hello All,

Are my referees provided a form (a questionnaire) which they must complete online or do they have to provide an actual letter?

From my research - they will be provided with a link to their online recommendation form. Could someone please confirm this?

Thanks kindly!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Send PM
Thank you!

ajay7767 wrote:
They are provided with a questionnaire form. A letter too can be attached but it’s optional

Sri1025 wrote:
Hello All,

Thanks kindly!

RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Send PM
Sri1025 wrote:
Hello All,

Thanks kindly!

It comes with a questioner with limited words. I advise you at least one recommender writes a letter for you.

Good luck
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi, does anyone know if they have rolled out invitations for the August 6 round yet. It's been more than a month now and I've had no communication from them so far.

JT

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi,

I'm planning to apply in Round 4, however, I have the following queries:

1. Is it suitable for International Non-EU applicants to apply in R4 or is it considered too late? Since the program starts in Jan'20 and the results for R4 will probably be out by November, would there be sufficient time to apply for a Visa, if selected? I'm asking this because I'm unable to find any deadline specifically mentioned for International Non-EU applicants on RSMs website and I don't want to go through the effort of applying if it is already too late. I did also shoot a mail to Carrie Fok regarding this but I've not received a response yet.

2. Previously it was posted that only 1 essay has to be submitted. I see the following in my application under the 'Essay' tab:

""
Essays
Please respond fully but concisely to each question. Each essay should contain around 500 words.
Essay 1 or 2 *
2. Describe how the socio-economic environment in which you live/work impacts your business decisions.

(+/- 500 words)
Please explain your answer and use examples from your own experience whenever possible.

Essay 2 *
3. Describe the most difficult decision you have made and its effect on you.

(+/- 500 words)
Essay 3 *

""
There is also an "Upload file" option next to each Essay description (total 3 such options).
I recall that the essay options shared earlier on this post included the following:
1. Share how you’ve already been a force for positive change in your world. Your example can be large or small, global or local, but must highlight the positive impact you’ve had through your efforts. Tell us your story.

OR

2. Discuss how the RSM MBA will prepare you to become a force for positive change, either in your personal or professional life.

However, I don't see any of these essay options in my application. I'm also confused as to the number of essays to be answered.

Will be really glad if someone can clarify my doubts.
Thanks in advance!
sujayn19 wrote:
Hi,

1. Is it suitable for International Non-EU applicants to apply in R4 or is it considered too late? Since the program starts in Jan'20 and the results for R4 will probably be out by November, would there be sufficient time to apply for a Visa, if selected? I'm asking this because I'm unable to find any deadline specifically mentioned for International Non-EU applicants on RSMs website and I don't want to go through the effort of applying if it is already too late. I did also shoot a mail to Carrie Fok regarding this but I've not received a response yet.

2. Previously it was posted that only 1 essay has to be submitted. I see the following in my application under the 'Essay' tab:

""
Essays
Please respond fully but concisely to each question. Each essay should contain around 500 words.
Essay 1 or 2 *
2. Describe how the socio-economic environment in which you live/work impacts your business decisions.

(+/- 500 words)
Please explain your answer and use examples from your own experience whenever possible.

Essay 2 *

(+/- 500 words)
Essay 3 *

""
There is also an "Upload file" option next to each Essay description (total 3 such options).
I recall that the essay options shared earlier on this post included the following:
1. Share how you’ve already been a force for positive change in your world. Your example can be large or small, global or local, but must highlight the positive impact you’ve had through your efforts. Tell us your story.

OR

2. Discuss how the RSM MBA will prepare you to become a force for positive change, either in your personal or professional life.

However, I don't see any of these essay options in my application. I'm also confused as to the number of essays to be answered.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Sujayn19,

First, regarding the Visa and application timeline. Other European schools give a deadline for non-EU students in November, but you should probably check two things. Ask RSM directly and see what they say. And also visit the embassy/consulate website where you would need to apply for a visa. You will get good info there, and may even be able to email them any questions. I know some consulates are booked 4 months out for appointments, so this is a real concern that should be investigated.

Second, your essay section does look quite different. I didnt expect this type of change mid-stream. Again address this with RSM immediately as well as starting to prepare for multiple essays if needed. It doesnt even look like they have finished updating the application. It asks you to answer both, then says 1 or 2 and then numbers them weird and leaves a blank. This is very odd.
Until RSM gets back to you, I would consider creating outlines for each essay and making sure the rest of my application is moving forward toward completion. Hopefully they answer before too much extra work is done - although the extra work will help you in the interviews. The more you address these types of questions and have good stories and answers, the better. These new topics are typical interview questions.

If you dont mind, can you send a PM to me with a screenshot of the essay tab with these instructions.

Good Luck.

JMM
JMMadison wrote:

Hi Sujayn19,

First, regarding the Visa and application timeline. Other European schools give a deadline for non-EU students in November, but you should probably check two things. Ask RSM directly and see what they say. And also visit the embassy/consulate website where you would need to apply for a visa. You will get good info there, and may even be able to email them any questions. I know some consulates are booked 4 months out for appointments, so this is a real concern that should be investigated.

Second, your essay section does look quite different. I didnt expect this type of change mid-stream. Again address this with RSM immediately as well as starting to prepare for multiple essays if needed. It doesnt even look like they have finished updating the application. It asks you to answer both, then says 1 or 2 and then numbers them weird and leaves a blank. This is very odd.
Until RSM gets back to you, I would consider creating outlines for each essay and making sure the rest of my application is moving forward toward completion. Hopefully they answer before too much extra work is done - although the extra work will help you in the interviews. The more you address these types of questions and have good stories and answers, the better. These new topics are typical interview questions.

If you dont mind, can you send a PM to me with a screenshot of the essay tab with these instructions.

Good Luck.

JMM

Also - Carrie is usually very good at getting back to people, as long as it is not right around an application deadline. If you do not hear back from her in about a week, then reach out to somebody else for help.

JMM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Send PM
Hi sujayn19

My advice to you is to give a phone call Carrie directly to get answers. This will cut any waste of waiting the response.

Good luck
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
sujayn19 wrote:
Hi,

""
Essays
Essay 1 or 2 *

(+/- 500 words)

Essay 2 *

(+/- 500 words)
Essay 3 *

""

OR

Thanks in advance!

Hi Sujayn,

The essay questions are showing up this way because you've probably not made a selection for the program yet. Once you select a program on the first tab of the application, the essay questions will update.

Cheers!

RSM Erasmus Moderator
Send PM
JTurey wrote:
Hi, does anyone know if they have rolled out invitations for the August 6 round yet. It's been more than a month now and I've had no communication from them so far.

JT

I noticed in previous years they can invite you late. Maybe it is their way. You can always to contact adcom office.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Mo2men wrote:
JTurey wrote:

JT

I noticed in previous years they can invite you late. Maybe it is their way. You can always to contact adcom office.

Yes, that might be it. I was wondering though if any other applicant has recieved an invitation yet. I did send Carrie a mail but haven't heard back.

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts