Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:53 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [13]
Given Kudos: 99
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
Most Helpful Reply
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32870 [123]
Given Kudos: 4453
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 925 [18]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
General Discussion
Manager
Manager
Status:SLOGGING : My son says,This time Papa u will have to make it : Innocence is BLISS
Own Kudos [?]: 267 [6]
Given Kudos: 30
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Ron Purewal Notes [#permalink]
Kudos
get to the download section and do a search....there is one nice pdf version, where all his wisdom has been collated.....along with the set of questions he discusses on "thursday with ron" it is very good.....sorry buddy, I dont remember the original poster though.

btw, my humble suggestion would be to download the sc n cr videos from mgmat....watch particularly " new way of sc " its amazing n wll force u to revisit ur existing approach....logical and easy.

I have taken 4 pvt tutoring sessions from ron....n I can say, the material available in public domain ie thutsdays with ron is equally good.....after u go through that sc video of ron..just follow n apply the learnings on first 50 og problems n u are set.....

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [1]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT Date: 09-27-2014
Send PM
Kudos
These have been of immense help, especially the videos from the MGMAT website as suggested in the above post. I second of going through these strategies prior to attempting mocks.
Manager
Manager
Status:Always try to face your worst fear because nothing GOOD comes easy. You must be UNCOMFORTABLE to get to your COMFORT ZONE
Own Kudos [?]: 546 [0]
Given Kudos: 471
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 570 Q44 V25
GMAT 2: 600 Q48 V25
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
do we have some more PDFs of Ron Purewal Notes..Done reading above pdfs..It will be helpful if we have more. :)
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32870 [2]
Given Kudos: 4453
Send PM
Kudos
Top Contributor
Really spot-on clarification.

I would like to point out that I am NOT the author of the files of course.

Moreover, another side of the story shows us how (even IF all Ron pointed out in his reply is flawless) people do not think critically and study without the usage of a context.

Aside from the fact that having the less useful parts/lessons in the files is the worst scenario.

Regards
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 459 [0]
Given Kudos: 173
Send PM
Hey RonPurewal

Thanks!! Saved me, some very precious time!

Great coincidence too, i was reading your posts on Manhattan forums & was wondering, if i only i could find a consolidated knowledge bank of your posts & lo and behold, the legend himself spoke!

I guess now i will have to do it the hard way!

Anyway, thanks a million!! for posting such clear & practical explanations for the GMAT prep questions on Manhattan forums.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Cheers!
GyM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 925 [2]

Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
carcass wrote:
Aside from the fact that having the less useful parts/lessons in the files is the worst scenario.

^^ it's well worth noting that GMAT SC is quite clearly DESIGNED to test your ability to PRIORITIZE — and to MAINTAIN FOCUS on the HIGH priorities.

the OFFICIAL sc problems have an uncannily consistent tendency to toss fundamental errors and unique, random bits designed to DISTRACT you into the same answer choices together.
the directive is unmistakable: they're testing whether you can shut out the distractions and stay focused on the MAJOR issues.

_

in my old forum posts, i liked to indulge even the most tangential questions, about details that would never possibly appear on the test again.
i answered these questions because... well... i like answering questions.
i also answered these questions because i personally found them interesting and challenging. (quite often, those forum posts represent the first time i had ever thought explicitly about whatever the student was asking about.)

in retrospect, i probably SHOULD have answered all of these highly specific/specialized/unique questions with "let's not discuss those parts; they're there to distract you."
...oh well. (:
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 925 [4]

Send PM
Ron Purewal Notes [#permalink]
Kudos