Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:56 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:

Show Tags
Hide Tags
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 78 [0]
Given Kudos: 832
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64883 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Tutor
Send PM
Tutor
Send PM
Re: Veritas Prep CR Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about CR [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Kanvi wrote:
Hi
VeritasKarishma'
please help me with this one why not c
https://gmatclub.com/forum/omega-3-fatt ... 46301.html

There you go Kanvi: https://gmatclub.com/forum/omega-3-fatt ... l#p2359756
I do agree with you.
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64883 [1]
Send PM
Re: Veritas Prep CR Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about CR [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Basim2016 wrote:
Hi VeritasKarishma,

How practice can improve CR score?
Do , after doing hundreds of CR questions, we will start thinking similarly to the test makers ? What is the assumption of that? Is the assumption that the CR questions follow some sort of well defined boundaries or patterns??
How many hundreds of CR questions practice do you consider sufficient to be master in CR, assuming that we thoroughly learn from our mistakes , made in that process?
Please explain in detail, especially about the boundary part.

Regards,

Basim

Posted from my mobile device

Hey Basim,

CR, like Quant, is about one correct answer, not the best option. A few options are almost always irrelevant. Almost never will you see ambiguity on official questions. This means that once you understand what you are required to do to solve CR questions, you will rarely go wrong. Note the use of 'almost', 'rarely' etc - I mention these only to ensure that vagaries of experimental questions are taken into account.

For each question type, you must know what you need to focus on and what is expected of you. For example, look for the gap between the premises and conclusion in assumption questions. Find out the conclusion and add more weight to that in strengthen questions etc.
You will need to practice a sufficient number of questions but not aimlessly. The purpose is to see how each strategy for each question type works. Even 10-15 questions per question type could be enough if you understand exactly what it is that you are required to find. Once you solve a question, analyse it thoroughly.
Tutor
Send PM
Expert Reply
Kanvi wrote:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/burning-fossil-fuels-oil-coal-and-natural-gas-causes-pollution-210910.html

HI VeritasKarishma
please explain this question

Hey Kanvi,

Here you go:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/burning-foss ... l#p2359975
Tutor
Send PM
Expert Reply
varotkorn wrote:
Dear VeritasKarishma,

I have one question: Can a claim or opinion (not a fact) be a premise?

Thank you in advance Ma'am !

Say the argument gives you: many scientists believe that global warming is a myth.

Now can you say anything about whether global warming is a myth or not? No.
But what you do have to take to be true is that many scientists do believe that global warming is a myth.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Send PM
hi
VeritasKarishma
help me with this
https://gmatclub.com/forum/on-the-first ... 05642.html
Tutor
Send PM
Expert Reply
Kanvi wrote:

This question doesn't make much sense. Ignore it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 78 [0]
Given Kudos: 832
Send PM
Dear VeritasKarishma,

Could you help me on this question?
More than 60% of students got it wrong! (95% Hard)

https://gmatclub.com/forum/editorial-in ... l#p2360667

Thank you in advance!
Tutor
Send PM
Expert Reply
varotkorn wrote:
Dear VeritasKarishma,

Could you help me on this question?
More than 60% of students got it wrong! (95% Hard)

https://gmatclub.com/forum/editorial-in ... l#p2360667

Thank you in advance!

It is not a difficult question. Focus on the important points and you will eliminate options in seconds.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/in-its-searc ... l#p2365761
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 1714
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
Send PM
Dear Karishma,

1.Any recently noted trends in the type, style or tone of CR questions, especially Data related questions, by you?
Please share with us via examples.

2. Also, which type of CR questions can be easily visualized or focused by means of drawing any figures or diagrams? Please reply with examples.

Best Regards,
Basim

VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2162 [0]
Given Kudos: 368
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 560 Q41 V26
GMAT 2: 550 Q43 V23
GMAT 3: 650 Q47 V33
GMAT 4: 650 Q44 V36
GMAT 5: 600 Q38 V35
GMAT 6: 710 Q47 V41
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Karishma,

I'm noticing an increasing amount of conditional reasoning type questions in 700-level assumption questions. Do you mind briefly explaining to me or pointing me in the direction of some simple, but useful information to understand and this logic?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 1714
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
Send PM
Dear Ms. KARISHMA,
In my wrong answer selection, I am mostly stuck at the last 2 selected answer choices and ultimately I pick the wrong one.
How to improve from here?
My aim is 90% In CR.
BEST REGARDS,
BASIM

Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64883 [2]
Send PM
Veritas Prep CR Forum Expert - Karishma - Ask Me Anything about CR [#permalink]