Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:30 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: LBS '22 (I)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022! [#permalink]
So basically, whether your interview gets waived or not, if you stand a chance for an admit, they will contact you. There is no admit without an interview of some sort.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 252
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022! [#permalink]
I see, maybe my response earlier is biased since people who told me ‘everyone gets an interview’ are all alums/admits. But this doesn’t seem fair - for example, I know Chicago residents do not have an option to request for on campus interview while out of state residents get to choose whether they want on-campus interview, which is guaranteed. This is why I really thought it shouldnt matter

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [5]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
That’s actually a good point but it is a holistic approach as I understand. For example even if you did get interviewed but the rest of your app was not good, you are not getting through. On the other hand if you are app is really good and yet you did get your interview waived, they will still ensure you get an interview.

I just think it might be beneficial if we let everything take its course and stop thinking about it for some time. We have done what we could do and we just have to hope that we are a good fit. In fact, the positive side of not getting through is that you are saved from being in a place which may not be a good fit for you at all and vice versa.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [4]
Given Kudos: 250
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Unfortunately, this is true. Again, I don't wish to dampen anyone's spirits, but as an international candidate (from India, to be specific) I also came to know of this recently, thanks to coltaylo94. Here's the post that details the interview process followed for applicants from India, and could very well be the process that's also followed for other over-represented regions, such as China.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p1935922

Most importantly, as amishibharti has already pointed out - no one gets in without an interview and a waiver isn't the end of the world. The usual order is for them to interview candidates and only then review the entire file (along with the interviewer's notes). In case of a waiver, they will review your application sans the interview, and if you get an interview call after that, you can be quite sure they really liked what they saw in your file.

At this point though, we're under 4 weeks from the application deadline, so the official period of "4-6 weeks" for them to roll-out invites is still ongoing, and there's no reason to be worried. In the long scheme of things, it doesn't matter when you received the interview invite (though it is definitely harder to wait longer), as much as how well you nailed that conversation! :)

Until "rejected", everyone is very much in the process!

sn198 wrote:
Dont want to burst anyone's bubble. But its a lie that Kellogg interviews everyone. They "try to" interview everyone but sometimes because of limited off-campus interviewer availability, they cant.

I requested an off-campus interview last year, got an interview waiver after 6 weeks and was eventually rejected. And I live in a big metropolitian city in the United States and found it hard to believe that there weren't many alumni interviewers in my city.

Didn't want to risk that again this year and hence signed up for on-campus.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Hello!

I've received an invitation to interview via Skype, and I'm curious if they'll share my AdCom interviewer's details in advance, or will I not find out the identity till the interview starts?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi kalraswati, you wouldn't get to know any other details beyond whether it's an AdCom member/second-year student. My interviewer had introduced herself a few minutes before our call was scheduled to start.

kalraswati wrote:
Hello!

I've received an invitation to interview via Skype, and I'm curious if they'll share my AdCom interviewer's details in advance, or will I not find out the identity till the interview starts?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V51
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
(removed)

Originally posted by int202 on 16 Oct 2019, 11:14.
Last edited by int202 on 05 Nov 2019, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
int202 wrote:
Am I allowed to specify when I want to have the non evaluative call? The email invitation just said sometime in the next week. I'm in a non-Chicago/NYC/SF/LA city and haven't been invited to interview yet, if that matters. I'm going to be traveling this weekend and would hate to miss the call while I'm on the road.

Yeah, they sent a follow-up a few days later to select a time.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Are there any applicants that didn’t receive a non-evaluative phone call? Not sure if where you interview matters to receive these calls or what these calls suggest?

I interviewed on campus and didn’t receive a non evaluative call yet.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
sn198 wrote:
Are there any applicants that didn’t receive a non-evaluative phone call? Not sure if where you interview matters to receive these calls or what these calls suggest?

I interviewed via Skype on 8th October and I did not receive a non-evaluative phone call.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [0]
Send PM
I interviewed via Skype on October 2, and did not receive any non-evaluative call before or after.

vamsired wrote:
sn198 wrote:

I interviewed via Skype on 8th October and I did not receive a non-evaluative phone call.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Kudos
A new Kellogg Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/kellogg-191/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1038
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.7
WE:Law (Other)
Send PM
Hi everyone. For people who are interviewing with alums in the consulting space (and state their career goals as consulting as well), does it happen that the interviewer asks them a consulting-type case-question or a general case-questions? My question is in the context of all business school interviews in general, but especially Kellogg? I am wondering if I should be preparing on those lines or expect regular behavioral and resume based interview.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [2]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Kudos