Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:34 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Fisher MBA Blogs [#permalink]
FROM Fisher Grad Life: My First Game in The Shoe
Last weekend, I got to experience my first-ever Ohio State Buckeye home game in the Horseshoe. Ohio State squared off against Miami (OH), and after a close first quarter, it was a constant celebration all afternoon as Ohio State won by a score of 76-5. Together with my parents, my little brother, and some family … Continue reading "My First Game in The Shoe"
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher Grad Life: Lighting up the Scioto River at the Water Lantern Festival
A big perk of going to Ohio State is its location – for those of you that don’t know OSU is located in the heart of Columbus. With that being said, there is always an event in the area, whether it is some sort of cultural or food festival or a concert. This past weekend … Continue reading "Lighting up the Scioto River at the Water Lantern Festival"
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher Grad Life: The life of an SMF Graduate student
After finishing my undergraduate studies, I was very excited to see how drastically my life would change going through the Specialized Master in Finance program (SMF). Today, I can confidently tell you this: there’s not a day goes by where you don’t have something to work on. During our first session of the Autumn Semester, we … Continue reading "The life of an SMF Graduate student"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher Grad Life: An inside look at the case studies in my electives
For the first term of autumn, I currently have two required classes and two electives. Little did I know how many cases I have to deal with every week when selecting my electives for this term. However, I’m very happy I chose these classes and want to give you a brief overview of what are … Continue reading "An inside look at the case studies in my electives"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher Grad Life: Surviving the Pre-MAcc Seminar
One unique experience I had as a part of my Ohio State MAcc is participating in the Pre-MAcc seminar. This is a two-week crash course in more advanced accounting concepts for incoming students who didn’t take Intermediate Accounting I and II in their undergrad career. Either taking these classes in undergrad or participating in this … Continue reading "Surviving the Pre-MAcc Seminar"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher Grad Life: Much Needed Break
Session 1 of Autumn semester is over! I can’t believe it’s been over 2 months since the first day of our SMF pre-term. We finished our finals last on Oct 9 and then got the rest of the week off as fall break. This was our first “actual” break since the start of the program, … Continue reading "Much Needed Break"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher Grad Life: Making the most of your days as a grad student
From my previous blog post, I made it seem that the life of an SMF student is just hours and hours of studying and group projects in the Bloomberg Lab. Fortunately, there are many events around Columbus that give us the opportunities to “break free” and enjoy our days to the fullest. On October 13, … Continue reading "Making the most of your days as a grad student"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher Grad Life: Great Day to See Ryan Day
As I’ve mentioned in previous blog posts, I’m currently enrolled in one of the MAcc‘s elective courses, Business of College Sports. I highly recommend anyone with a particular interest in athletics to take this course, as it’s been extremely enlightening to see how a college athletic department operates in terms of budgetary constraints, recruiting, donors, … Continue reading "Great Day to See Ryan Day"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher Grad Life: Finals Survival Tips
  Following our mid-semester exams last week, I thought I would share my graduate study tips. It is important to note that preparing for each exam can be different depending on the class but here is how I typically approach studying. Not every professor will provide a study guide for the exam so do your … Continue reading "Finals Survival Tips"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher Grad Life: Undergraduate vs Graduate Accounting Recruitment and Tips
Fall break marks the end of our first session of Fall semester, as well as the end of recruitment season for many MAcc students who are very excited to be done with the process. Though I didn’t go through the process as I did it during my undergraduate program, I recognized some differences between the … Continue reading "Undergraduate vs Graduate Accounting Recruitment and Tips"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher Grad Life: A quarter of the way done…
The conclusion of fall break officially marks a quarter of the MAcc program complete. It’s crazy to think the program is already 25% done when it feels like we were just at orientation getting to know each other yesterday. A unique aspect of our MAcc program here at Ohio State is that all of the … Continue reading "A quarter of the way done…"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher Grad Life: 3 Months as an MBLEr
We are now standing in the halfway of a semester. Looking back at the memories we made, I found countless sparkling moments. MBLEr is a noun created by me, which includes every student in this program. Once an MBLEr, forever an MBLEr! There are several highlights I would like to share with you here. This is … Continue reading "3 Months as an MBLEr"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher Grad Life: Registering for spring semester in the Fisher MAcc program
As the leaves begin to turn a different color here at Fisher, it’s already time for many of the MAcc students to turn their attention towards spring classes. I registered Thursday, October 29, and this process was much different than registering for classes in the fall. During the spring semester of the MAcc program, students … Continue reading "Registering for spring semester in the Fisher MAcc program"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher Grad Life: Teamwork!
The SMF program has a pre-term and seven core courses in the autumn semester. At the beginning of pre-term, we were assigned teams that we would be working with, for the pre-term and all the core courses! We were put in teams on the basis of a variety of factors like academic background, work experience, … Continue reading "Teamwork!"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher Grad Life: Tackling Evening Classes as a MAcc Student
This semester I have one evening class, Advanced Topic in Accounting, that starts at 6:15pm and ends at 9:30pm every Wednesday. Most MAcc classes are offered during the day, with a few elective options that are offered at night, so these classes are not common for MAcc students. Since I also have my required classes … Continue reading "Tackling Evening Classes as a MAcc Student"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher Grad Life: Class of 2014 Gives Back
Over the summer a MHRM alumnus contacted the program about planning a five year reunion for the MHRM Class of 2014 and incorporating that into a networking opportunity for our current students. The MHRM council jumped at the chance to welcome back fellow MHRMs and coordinate the event. With support from the Career Management Office, Alumni … Continue reading "Class of 2014 Gives Back"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Fisher Grad Life: There’s More to Recruitment Than Free Water Bottles
As you can see above, recruitment provides a ton of opportunities for free swag at every event and tabling session. (Sorry PwC, I already misplaced your water bottle :/) Obviously recruitment is about more than the water bottles and notebooks, so I’m here to give you some tips for the job hunt as a MAcc … Continue reading "There’s More to Recruitment Than Free Water Bottles"
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts