Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:51 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021) [#permalink]
People with multiple admits, please look at all factors and make an informed decision. It will be tough. PM me in case you need any help in decision making. Happy to help

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 4
WE:Asset Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants (2020 Intake; Class of 2021) [#permalink]
Kudos
Congratulations folks who got the good news...
Looking forward to meeting some of you in the KT event that we will organize in March 2020, most probably...

Those who missed by a whisker, don't lose hope...

Few folks got admission in R2 after getting rejected in R1 and waitlist also moves upto 8-10 candidates.

Good thing for you is - World Economy is not in the right shape now but things will be changed by the time you will come out with immense opportunities.

Once again, wishing you good luck for your future endeavours....

Thanks,
Devashish Mishra
PGPX2019-20
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Selected. Thank you GMATCLUB. Awasome platform.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Selected. Any https://gmatclub.com/chat group for selected candidates!?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 110
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all ,

Congrts to all admits.

We have a created a PGPX 2020-21 admit group , and around 50-55 admits are already in the group with some alumni and current students.

All admits/waitlisted are requested to join the group.

I am not attaching the link here in order to avoid any spam bot attack.

Feel free to message on https://gmatclub.com/chat +91- 9099963431 and I will add you .

Looking forward to see you in the group soon.

Regards
Vikas

Originally posted by vikas9945 on 19 Oct 2019, 02:34.
Last edited by vikas9945 on 20 Oct 2019, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Can I mention extra curricular achievements in IIMA PGPX, Achievements page?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 107
Send PM
Kudos
Hi every one...

Please help in detailed profile assessment, it will be a great help.

Entrepreneurship ( 2014 - Till Date): Business Development- Sales and Marketing with over 4 years experience (Consumer Electronics, FMCG), Channel Sales, Strategy, Annual Operating plan, Financial projections. Heading a team of 20 people spread over 5 states.

Overall Experience: Over 10 years as 1.6 Years as Civil Engineer, Vedanta Aluminium Limited and 3.5 years, Business Development (Power Sales, Regulatory, Transmission). Technical Assistant to MD, Whole Time Director( GMR Group).
Entrepreneurship, 2014 to till Date- Business Development (Consumer Electronics, FMCG).

UG degree: B Tech (Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, KIIT University)
UG (%): 74%
Passed- 2009

GMAT: 510 (8/31/2017)

Looking to get into ISB, IIMs (A,B, C, L, I) in 2020.

Thanks and Regards,
Avijit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 110
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hi Avijit

Profile is good

But it is almost impossible to crack with this GMAT score.

avijit105 wrote:
Hi every one...

Please help in detailed profile assessment, it will be a great help.

Entrepreneurship ( 2014 - Till Date): Business Development- Sales and Marketing with over 4 years experience (Consumer Electronics, FMCG), Channel Sales, Strategy, Annual Operating plan, Financial projections. Heading a team of 20 people spread over 5 states.

Overall Experience: Over 10 years as 1.6 Years as Civil Engineer, Vedanta Aluminium Limited and 3.5 years, Business Development (Power Sales, Regulatory, Transmission). Technical Assistant to MD, Whole Time Director( GMR Group).
Entrepreneurship, 2014 to till Date- Business Development (Consumer Electronics, FMCG).

UG degree: B Tech (Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, KIIT University)
UG (%): 74%
Passed- 2009

GMAT: 510 (8/31/2017)

Looking to get into ISB, IIMs (A,B, C, L, I) in 2020.

Thanks and Regards,
Avijit

BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Given Kudos: 227
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB '23
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Heartiest congratulations to all the candidates who got selected for R1; would you be kind enough to update your interview experience here please-

https://gmatclub.com/forum/iim-group-di ... brief.html

This will help the community big time, thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 449 [0]
Given Kudos: 883
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 670 Q45 V37
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
I have a rather silly question.
I have been working with SAP for 4 years now and have been on site for customer projects twice. Per my understanding, on-site experience counts as "International Exposure". However, in the admission portal and in FAQs, the following is mentioned.

I am really confused about whether an on-site experience is counted under "business trips", in which case is NOT International Exposure, according to IIM A?
If on-site experience is actually International exposure, then what documents should I furnish to support the same?

Today is the last day for application submission, hence a quick reply will be very much appreciated.
Attachments

File comment: During my onsite visit, I was a salaried employee of SAP India. I was not working for another corporation at that time and have no offer letter/appointment letter. I only have my work permit.
doubt 2.png
doubt 2.png [ 178.52 KiB | Viewed 2399 times ]

File comment: Is On-site work for customer project categorized under "Business trip" and therefore will not be considered relevant International Exposure?
doubt 1.png
doubt 1.png [ 97.51 KiB | Viewed 2370 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
Send PM
I am also an employee of SAP who went onsite on business trips 3-4 times. Since I traveled on business visas, I have not mentioned it in the international experience because the form clearly states that only when you've worked as a salaried employee outside India should you mention international exposure, and the form also specifies that business trips are not considered.
PriyankaPalit7 wrote:
I have been working with SAP for 4 years now and have been on site for customer projects twice. Per my understanding, on-site experience counts as "International Exposure". However, in the admission portal and in FAQs, the following is mentioned.

I am really confused about whether an on-site experience is counted under "business trips", in which case is NOT International Exposure, according to IIM A?
If on-site experience is actually International exposure, then what documents should I furnish to support the same?

Today is the last day for application submission, hence a quick reply will be very much appreciated.
Current Student
Send PM
Your experience will count as International experience because you were deputed Onsite to work on a Customer Project.
The FAQs speak about attending Conferences, Training, Business Trip etc(where you go for 2-3 days to visit a client etc.) as not being counted.
But Project work is always counted.Your work Permit together with immigration stamps is enough as proof of international work.
There are many in our current batch with similar scenarios so please do not worry. Please feel free to PM if you need more details.
Good luck with your application

PriyankaPalit7 wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
Send PM
dear mbapsrti,
I traveled to different locations for more than 20 days per visit on business visas and no work permits to work on different projects and deliver cutovers. Do you intend to say that these travels fall under international experience?
If yes, how can I correct my already submitted application because this could have been a highlight?
Also, I asked an app consultant about this section before submitting and he informed me that my trips were NOT international work experiences.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [1]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
US business VISA does not authorise us to have a Work permit i think. I have also made multiple trips for 2-3 weeks each time and having the same dilemma

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 449 [0]
Given Kudos: 883
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 670 Q45 V37
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
I have yet another query.

The attached section refers to the question "Area of expertise Choice 1", Area of expertise Choice 2" and Area of expertise Choice 3". This is in the "Employment" section.
Do we need to fill in the majors in which we want to complete our PGPX, or do we need to write down our current expertise per our current work-experience?
Attachments

File comment: Do we need to fill in the majors in which we want to complete our PGPX, or do we need to write down our current expertise per our current work-experience?
doubt 3.png
doubt 3.png [ 30.6 KiB | Viewed 2228 times ]

Current Student
Send PM
Hi, Trips on Business Visas are considered business visits and are therefore not considered as international work experience. Only full time work done under a work permit is considered as international work experience.
Hence your visits under Business Visas will not be considered as international work ex.

equalizer wrote:
dear mbapsrti,
I traveled to different locations for more than 20 days per visit on business visas and no work permits to work on different projects and deliver cutovers. Do you intend to say that these travels fall under international experience?
If yes, how can I correct my already submitted application because this could have been a highlight?
Also, I asked an app consultant about this section before submitting and he informed me that my trips were NOT international work experiences.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Send PM
This is to be filled based on your current work experience.

PriyankaPalit7 wrote:
I have yet another query.

The attached section refers to the question "Area of expertise Choice 1", Area of expertise Choice 2" and Area of expertise Choice 3". This is in the "Employment" section.
Do we need to fill in the majors in which we want to complete our PGPX, or do we need to write down our current expertise per our current work-experience?

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts