Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:21 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.58
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Schools: Simon '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
WE:General Management (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
aghosh54 wrote:
I have submitted on 12th Oct. Then we can expect it to come in the next week.

Posted from my mobile device

Fingers crossed!! Please do update here when you get the invite.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
You don't necessarily get the interview invite next week.

It may take some time but that could just mean they have yet to get to your application.

Take heart in that. Be patient.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MsInvBanker wrote:

It may take some time but that could just mean they have yet to get to your application.

You are right. Nothing to gain by being impatient.
Do they send a ding for those who are not selected at the same time when interview invites are being sent? Or do they sent it after all the interview invites are sent?
Director
Director
Send PM
aghosh54 wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:

You are right. Nothing to gain by being impatient.
Do they send a ding for those who are not selected at the same time when interview invites are being sent? Or do they sent it after all the interview invites are sent?

Hi aghosh54

If it is a ding without an interview, the official intimation is received when the final decisions are sent out and not before that.

I know of instances where interview invites were sent a week or so before the final decisions were due so not getting the invite ASAP should not be a thing of concern.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
WE:Programming (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Ok, thought I'd share my experience.

I did a Check Your Eligibility interview earlier this month and it seem my profile was good enough so the AdCom said I should go ahead an apply before the R1 deadline. I applied on Oct 15th (few hours before the deadline) and got an interview invite on the 17th. I'm scheduled for an interview on 24th Oct. Fingers crossed.

Anyone know what the interview questions are like?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tadtoad wrote:

I did a Check Your Eligibility interview earlier this month and it seem my profile was good enough so the AdCom said I should go ahead an apply before the R1 deadline. I applied on Oct 15th (few hours before the deadline) and got an interview invite on the 17th. I'm scheduled for an interview on 24th Oct. Fingers crossed.

Congratulations! Wow that decision was quick. It's more than a week that I have submitted my app. Does that mean I may not get an interview invite?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
WE:Programming (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
aghosh54 wrote:
tadtoad wrote:

Congratulations! Wow that decision was quick. It's more than a week that I have submitted my app. Does that mean I may not get an interview invite?

Thanks!
As to your question, I honestly don't know. There's not much info online on the interview schedule so I think we're all in the dark.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
tadtoad wrote:

Congratulations tadtoad

The questions are not anything special. They will ask you about your goals, the stuff you have put up on your resume and Why Simon. It will take somewhere around to minutes. Just remember to keep your stories straight.

All the best!
Director
Director
Send PM
aghosh54 wrote:
tadtoad wrote:

Hey aghosh54

One week is nothing. Be a little patient and you may too get the invite.

I mean the AdCom are humans, right? It takes them time to go through all the applications that they receive.

Just hang in there and do not lose hope.

Come to the forum whenever you feel like talking about it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey MsInvBanker
When I had my CYE with Sharise, she told me that Simon is visiting to India in December if I apply by R1 I might get an opportunity to interview in person. So how do you think it works? The final decision is due in 15th December.
Director
Director
Send PM
Hey aghosh54

I do not know what CYE is or who Sharise is.

What I can tell you is that with final decision for R1 not due till Dec 15, you have a lot of time. Do not worry as that will not accomplish anything (I know it is easier said than done, but try).

As for Simon visiting India and you getting a chance to get a face to face interview, it really depends on when the invite is received and when the team will be visiting.

Just concentrate on the remaining of your apps and let fate take care of this for you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
CYE is Check Your Eligibility and Sharise is one of the admission directors at Simon.
Thank you for the advice. Not getting worried, just want the conversation to continue. I see little activity in this forum. Where are the Simon hopefuls? We can have more discussions about the school.
Director
Director
Send PM
I agree with you that this Forum is very quiet. I am one of the hopefuls and I am here.

Let's keep the conversation going and hope others follow suit.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MsInvBanker wrote:
I agree with you that this Forum is very quiet. I am one of the hopefuls and I am here.

Let's keep the conversation going and hope others follow suit.

Great. So what do you like the most about Simon? What are your immediate post MBA goal? As the mane suggest I think you it must be Investment banking. I want to switch to an IB role but advised that it would be very difficult for Indian candidates who doesn't have any prior experience in IB to switch.
Director
Director
Send PM
No, I am not in IB. I am a Corporate Banker. Back in the day when made the account here, I wanted to make a switch to IB but not anymore.

The Simon charm? Simon is one of the best place for Finance, after all.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
According to the decision tracker, someone from Nepal already interviewed.
Would they be so kind as to share the interview experience?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
tadtoad wrote:

tadtoad

Check the following link where we have a collection of past Simon interview experiences.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/simon-roches ... brief.html
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts