Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:55 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.02
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Re: Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
spitfire1 wrote:
Have a friend who's also applied to Wharton and he mentioned that BOTH her recommenders got emails from Wharton thanking them personally for the great recommendation they wrote for her. I haven't spoken to my recommenders about this - but wondering if any one else has heard about this? I'm hoping that it's just an automated email that gets sent out to ALL recommenders.

(I should also flag, there is a remote possibility that my friend just fabricated this story to wind me up... she can be like that some times..)

My recommenders got the same. I don't think it is anything special. It might be their common practice.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling All Wharton MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022] [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I would guess that’s the case as well. In any case, it shouldn’t matter. You have very little to do with your app anymore. Whatever’s done is done.

Posted from my mobile device
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes, this is something new Wharton did this year. To my knowledge, all recommenders got the same letter/email. So nothing to read into, they're just trying to make it a more high-touch process and give applicants and the people involved in their materials a positive vibe so that if it comes down to a decision between Wharton and another program, there are some nice touches Wharton has added in the process that might tip the scales in their favor.

Kellogg is doing many things like this with several candidates (not recommenders though, that I've heard of yet at least) this year. It's easy to feel like it means something, but do not read into it if you did or didn't get these types of notes and invites.

KushGakhar wrote:
spitfire1 wrote:
Have a friend who's also applied to Wharton and he mentioned that BOTH her recommenders got emails from Wharton thanking them personally for the great recommendation they wrote for her. I haven't spoken to my recommenders about this - but wondering if any one else has heard about this? I'm hoping that it's just an automated email that gets sent out to ALL recommenders.

(I should also flag, there is a remote possibility that my friend just fabricated this story to wind me up... she can be like that some times..)

My recommenders got the same. I don't think it is anything special. It might be their common practice.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Bookmarks
spitfire1 wrote:

My recommenders received this mail too. It was rather absurd tbh.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
spitfire1 wrote:

Hi,

One of my recommenders received that personal thank-you note too. I can verify that they do send out these, but I can't comment on how rare these are.

Boss was really proud of it and told me if i ding Wharton thats my problem now, so yeah, extra pressure!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Does anyone know when are the interview invites for Wharton coming out?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.67
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
socialgood wrote:
Does anyone know when are the interview invites for Wharton coming out?

October 29th

https://mba.wharton.upenn.edu/applicati ... deadlines/
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
29hungdida wrote:
spitfire1 wrote:

Hi,

One of my recommenders received that personal thank-you note too. I can verify that they do send out these, but I can't comment on how rare these are.

Boss was really proud of it and told me if i ding Wharton thats my problem now, so yeah, extra pressure!

They send it to everyone. Nothing new about it.
But my boss was quite pissed as he had to fill about 8 B-schools I selected
He told me that he made a word file thinking all of it would be the same but it wasn't
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Hello!

Any idea on when Wharton will announce the TBD locations? I'm not expecting an invite but if by some stroke of luck I do get one, it'd be nice to know how far I'd have to travel. See below for reference on what they'd sent as "Round One information".

If you are invited for an interview, you will need to complete your interview by Friday, November 22nd. Interviews will be available on-campus with second-year Wharton MBA Admissions Fellows and off-campus in various locations around the world by Admissions staff members. These locations will be announced in the coming weeks and all interview options are considered equally within the admission process.
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Last year they offered:

Beijing, China

Dubai, UAE

London, England

New Delhi, India

San Francisco, US

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Seoul, South Korea

Singapore

Tokyo, Japan

In addition to on campus.

kalraswati wrote:
Hello!

Any idea on when Wharton will announce the TBD locations? I'm not expecting an invite but if by some stroke of luck I do get one, it'd be nice to know how far I'd have to travel. See below for reference on what they'd sent as "Round One information".

If you are invited for an interview, you will need to complete your interview by Friday, November 22nd. Interviews will be available on-campus with second-year Wharton MBA Admissions Fellows and off-campus in various locations around the world by Admissions staff members. These locations will be announced in the coming weeks and all interview options are considered equally within the admission process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Good luck to everyone waiting for the invitation invites on Tuesday! Just a few days away!

Just wondering, Wharton AO says the decisions will be sent out on Oct 29th by 5pm EST, does that mean the decisions will be sent throughout the day or will everything be released precisely at 5pm?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72880 [0]
Given Kudos: 18866
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Looking at the discussion from 2 years ago on mobile looks like it took a little while to get the invites out.

Last year it seems to have happened at once:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 68-80.html

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
Looking at the discussion from 2 years ago on mobile looks like it took a little while to get the invites out.

Will there be an official waiting chatroom for Wharton similar to the other schools?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GRE 1: Q170 V164
Send PM
xprometheusx wrote:
bb wrote:

Will there be an official waiting chatroom for Wharton similar to the other schools?

Thanks

Lets use the following:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat2.php?fl=menu
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [0]
Send PM
Whoops, didn't read the title of that chat room carefully enough.

Thanks tanmay1392
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
hahaxixi007 wrote:
Good luck to everyone waiting for the invitation invites on Tuesday! Just a few days away!

Just wondering, Wharton AO says the decisions will be sent out on Oct 29th by 5pm EST, does that mean the decisions will be sent throughout the day or will everything be released precisely at 5pm?

Last year they sent it at 12:40pm eastern

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Were all decisions released at 12:40 PM or did it trickle in throughout the day like some other schools

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts