Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.67
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V48
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)! [#permalink]
wraider84 wrote:
Just got an update from Admissions via email, they are now beginning to review Regular Decision applications in the order they were received. Goal is to have a decision for all in ~6 weeks. Unclear if they will waitlist or outright deny people right away, or wait until they review all the applicant pool

Wow that is fast. Best of luck to all those waiting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake (Class of 2022)! [#permalink]
How early have you guys applied for regular decision?
I applied on October 4th.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
vamsired wrote:

September 3rd
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
LetMeIn999 wrote:
xprometheusx wrote:
LetMeIn999 wrote:
Applied: 10/4 (ED)
Invited to Interview: 10/27
Interviewed: 11/4
Feedback Submitted: 11/4 (interviewer followed up with me saying he gave me good feedback and recommended admit)
Admit Status: TBD
Personal Status: Anxiety-ridden waiting for a call!
GMAT: 720 (Q47, V42)

Is most people's experience that a long wait after interview feedback = WL or D?

Give you only interviewed 4 days ago, I think you are nowhere near considered long. You will be fine

Yea I am just seeing the usual turnaround for admit calls seems to be ~2-3 days - not a whole lot I can do now at this point though

Hey all quick update - despite great feedback from interview I was denied admission. Stats were likely too low - best of luck to everyone.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
vamsired wrote:

I applied on Sept. 21

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.46
WE:Analyst (Real Estate)
Send PM
hopeful22 wrote:
vamsired wrote:

I applied on Sept. 21

Sep 25
Admitted
13 Nov, 2019
13 Nov 2019, 11:09
Cmoney92 GMAT: 720; GPA: 3.83; WE: 38 months; United States, MA; via Phone
Interview invite 10/27, interview 11/6, interview feedback 11/6, admitted 11/13! [#permalink]
Denied
16 Sep, 2019
15 Nov 2019, 15:41
tsassos GMAT: 770, Q49, V47; GPA: 3.33; WE: 66 months; United States, NY; via Email
Have a backup target industry that has a lot of marketability. It didn't help that I want to go into Investment Management. [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quote:
Have a backup target industry that has a lot of marketability. It didn't help that I want to go into Investment Management.
Denied on: 2019/09/16
GMAT: 770, Q49, V47
GPA: 3.33
WE: 66 months
Heard back via: Email

When did you apply? ED or RD?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
Send PM
hopeful22 wrote:
Quote:
Have a backup target industry that has a lot of marketability. It didn't help that I want to go into Investment Management.
Denied on: 2019/09/16
GMAT: 770, Q49, V47
WE: 66 months
Heard back via: Email

When did you apply? ED or RD?

ED, way back in August. Interviewed September and got rejected a few days later. To be clear, I don't think me wanting to go into IM is the main reason I got rejected, there are plenty of weaknesses that made Columbia a reach for me (subpar undergrad GPA, not a great interview, etc.). I do think I would have had a higher chance if I were going into a traditional MBA industry though.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey everyone, has anybody heard anything yet for their Interview Invite for Regular Decision? Curious how many they have gotten through in a week. They did mention they would go in order of received (as rolling would imply), and I saw some early/mid September dates on here. Counting on you guys to keep us up to date when you hear anything. I submitted Sep-29, so decently early
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wraider84 wrote:
Hey everyone, has anybody heard anything yet for their Interview Invite for Regular Decision? Curious how many they have gotten through in a week. They did mention they would go in order of received (as rolling would imply), and I saw some early/mid September dates on here. Counting on you guys to keep us up to date when you hear anything. I submitted Sep-29, so decently early

I applied on September 21st and haven't heard anything yet... wondering if they roll out RD interviews in small batches. Based on last year's posts, looks like it was ~2 weeks between when they sent the email that they were starting to review RD and when the first RD interview invite went out
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
I submitted October 15 and haven't heard anything yet, I'm hoping for a status update by end of next week.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Looking at the discussion from last year it does seem like most September/Early Oct submissions had interviews and then admission decisions prior to January, with holidays we are definitely running out of time on that timeline. I would really think we should start to see interview notifications this week and next. That would only give 3 weeks to hold interviews and issue decisions prior to 2020, not including the holidays.

Obviously this is speculation by myself, but grounded in what happened last year. Let's hope to see some movement soon. Best of luck all
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: CBS '22 (II)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
wraider84 wrote:
Looking at the discussion from last year it does seem like most September/Early Oct submissions had interviews and then admission decisions prior to January, with holidays we are definitely running out of time on that timeline. I would really think we should start to see interview notifications this week and next. That would only give 3 weeks to hold interviews and issue decisions prior to 2020, not including the holidays.

Obviously this is speculation by myself, but grounded in what happened last year. Let's hope to see some movement soon. Best of luck all

Hope so. I'd really like to avoid having to do Round 2 apps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Send PM
bainAC16 wrote:

Hope so. I'd really like to avoid having to do Round 2 apps!

I don't know anything about your situation/profile, but if Columbia is the tipping point between R2 apps and not, I think it still might be smart to at least start looking at those. We have no hard timeline from CBS, wouldnt want to totally put yourself in a pinch for R2 apps which will be here before you know it for many places. Just my non-professional advice
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I would not advise anyone to wait to start pulling together other R2 apps until after they hear back from CBS. I've had regular-decision clients submit before the ED cutoff (meaning in September) that didn't hear back until December. That doesn't leave much time to pull together quality materials and I think you would kick yourself if you went that route. Worst case is you spend time on a school you don't end up applying to in Jan because you did hear back positive news from CBS, but to me it's worth hedging and not being even more stressed out after a possible ding.

Hope this helps and best of luck to all!

wraider84 wrote:

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  23   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts