Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:37 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 231
Schools: NUS '23
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 128
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 128
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
Send PM
Re: GMAT Quant | Scoring between Q36-40, how to improve! [#permalink]
Rocknrolla21 wrote:
DonVito wrote:
Hi, I am no expert, yet to take my first attempt at the GMAT, still I think I can suggest a few things. As you said you are scoring below 40 I think you need to go through the basics again, you may go through all the Manhattan Strategy guides one by one patiently(won’t take much time), they cover basics in a very nice way. Afterwards, solve official guide and once you are done, you can use Manhattan Advanced quant book for some hard stuff, I found it really helpful. Another suggestion about the comment that you feel exhausted at Q No 25, it seems you are attempting mocks/sectional tests not at your highest energy level. Don’t attempt a test after studying for hours or so. Attempt it first thing in the morning, or evening, i.e at the start of your study schedule when you are not exhausted and 100% up for it.

Hope it helps.

Cheers
DV

Posted from my mobile device

DonVito thank you for your suggestions. Do you think ONLY solving the official guide will suffice for a Q47-48?

Best!

Well, I can’t say that for sure but I think what official guide does is that it gives you a way to gauge your current level. All questions in OG have a clearly defined level of difficulty so you can see whether you are having issues only with hard questions or with medium ones as well? Let’s say If you are solving easy/medium with 90% accuracy(2 mins per Q) and problem lies only with Hard questions then you can buy Manhattan Adv quant or GMAC Official Advanced Questions book OR gmat club tests and practice hard questions. If you are facing difficulty with medium level questions also, then may be you should patiently go through foundation books first as I mentioned earlier.

Happy Studying!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DonVito wrote:
Rocknrolla21 wrote:
DonVito wrote:
Hi, I am no expert, yet to take my first attempt at the GMAT, still I think I can suggest a few things. As you said you are scoring below 40 I think you need to go through the basics again, you may go through all the Manhattan Strategy guides one by one patiently(won’t take much time), they cover basics in a very nice way. Afterwards, solve official guide and once you are done, you can use Manhattan Advanced quant book for some hard stuff, I found it really helpful. Another suggestion about the comment that you feel exhausted at Q No 25, it seems you are attempting mocks/sectional tests not at your highest energy level. Don’t attempt a test after studying for hours or so. Attempt it first thing in the morning, or evening, i.e at the start of your study schedule when you are not exhausted and 100% up for it.

Hope it helps.

Cheers
DV

Posted from my mobile device

DonVito thank you for your suggestions. Do you think ONLY solving the official guide will suffice for a Q47-48?

Best!

Well, I can’t say that for sure but I think what official guide does is that it gives you a way to gauge your current level. All questions in OG have a clearly defined level of difficulty so you can see whether you are having issues only with hard questions or with medium ones as well? Let’s say If you are solving easy/medium with 90% accuracy(2 mins per Q) and problem lies only with Hard questions then you can buy Manhattan Adv quant or GMAC Official Advanced Questions book OR gmat club tests and practice hard questions. If you are facing difficulty with medium level questions also, then may be you should patiently go through foundation books first as I mentioned earlier.

Happy Studying!

DonVito, I understand what you are saying. Thanks a ton!

All the best to you!
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22040 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Rocknrolla21.

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. Although I’m unsure of your progress in the TTP course, since you recently scored Q38, it’s clear that you still have a number of weak areas in quant that are preventing you from scoring Q47. The best way to uncover and fix those weak areas is to continue to follow the TTP study plan and complete the course, in full. If you can do so, there is no reason why you can’t score Q47+ on test day.

If you feel that you need more time, then you may have to push back your GMAT and take it once you are truly ready to do so. If you need any further advice regarding your study plan, feel free to reach out to me directly.

Let’s do this!!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Math Expert
92882 posts