Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Schools: Sauder '22
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Re: Calling all UBC Sauder MBA Applicants: [Aug 2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
JoelUBC wrote:
thomasedzhang wrote:
In my case it took them 8 days

Good luck!

That is really fast. I submitted application on Oct 31st. But haven't heard anything yet. Hope to get an answer soon.

Would you mind to share your interview debrief? and your background?

Thank you

Sorry, I thought I answered yesterday.

Well my background, I am an engineer, with low GMAT, average TOEFL and 20 years of experience in manufacturing.

My interview was very relaxed, the person that interview me was very nice and approachable.

The questions were about experiences, "Tell me about a time you made a mistake", "Why an MBA and why now?", Goals after the PMA, that kind of questons.

It was only 30 minutes and I actually had a good time.[/quote]

I actually got invitation today, I scheduled it for tomorrow afternoon for interview. 30 mins sound very short. Did the person give you time to ask questions?

Posted from my mobile device[/quote]

No time was given, as I mentioned it was very casual and friendly. It was more like going for coffee with someone you just met.

When my interview finished I checked my watch and I realized it was only 30 minutes since it started. It's not like if my interviewer was timing my answers.

Good luck and enjoy it, it will only happen once![/quote]

hi, thank you, I just had interview today. Like a job interview

After interview, how long does it take to get a final result? Thanks
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 17
Schools: Sauder '22
Send PM
Re: Calling all UBC Sauder MBA Applicants: [Aug 2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
thomasedzhang wrote:
JoelUBC wrote:
thomasedzhang wrote:
In my case it took them 8 days

Good luck!

That is really fast. I submitted application on Oct 31st. But haven't heard anything yet. Hope to get an answer soon.

Would you mind to share your interview debrief? and your background?

Thank you

Sorry, I thought I answered yesterday.

Well my background, I am an engineer, with low GMAT, average TOEFL and 20 years of experience in manufacturing.

My interview was very relaxed, the person that interview me was very nice and approachable.

The questions were about experiences, "Tell me about a time you made a mistake", "Why an MBA and why now?", Goals after the PMA, that kind of questons.

It was only 30 minutes and I actually had a good time.

I actually got invitation today, I scheduled it for tomorrow afternoon for interview. 30 mins sound very short. Did the person give you time to ask questions?

Posted from my mobile device[/quote]

No time was given, as I mentioned it was very casual and friendly. It was more like going for coffee with someone you just met.

When my interview finished I checked my watch and I realized it was only 30 minutes since it started. It's not like if my interviewer was timing my answers.

Good luck and enjoy it, it will only happen once![/quote]

hi, thank you, I just had interview today. Like a job interview

After interview, how long does it take to get a final result? Thanks[/quote]

Well in my case, after the interview I wait 9 long days to receive the acceptance mail.

Good luck!
Joel
Admitted
14 Nov, 2019
15 Nov 2019, 10:15
DanCoric GMAT: 580, Q33, V37; GPA: 2.75; WE: 144 months; Canada; via Portal_update
Part time Professional MBA - PMBA [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 580 Q33 V37
GPA: 2.75
Send PM
Kudos
I got the acceptance letter yesterday! My interview was on Nov 4, at the campus. I chose to go in person since I live in Victoria, 3 hours trip away from Vancouver. It was a 10 long days wait...
Interview was pretty casual and relaxed. Supposed to be with Mischa but she had to step out and another lady was assigned. I forgot the name, honestly, but she was really nice and friendly. Showed me where to go on campus to see the main attractions.

Looking forward to meeting the new classmates and the promised transformative experience :) !
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi.need some guidance on my case. I had applied in R1 but I got a mail that my English language document is not there and hence my application has not been forwarded to the admissions committee, even though my transcripts are in English. What is sadder is that I got to know this only when I asked them about the status of my application after. This has led to delay in my application, impacting my chances. Can somebody guide me on the way forward or if there is anyone I can contact regarding this. I stay far away from my grad university and it is almost impossible to get a letter from them mentioning that my studies were in English.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Noobster wrote:
Hi.need some guidance on my case. I had applied in R1 but I got a mail that my English language document is not there and hence my application has not been forwarded to the admissions committee, even though my transcripts are in English. What is sadder is that I got to know this only when I asked them about the status of my application after. This has led to delay in my application, impacting my chances. Can somebody guide me on the way forward or if there is anyone I can contact regarding this. I stay far away from my grad university and it is almost impossible to get a letter from them mentioning that my studies were in English.

As a foreign student, you still need to provide proof of English proficiency, like TOEFL or IELTS. Seems to me it does not matter if your studies in home country were in English. I live in Canada for the past 7 years and already attended a 1 year program at University of Calgary, have Canadian residency, but still needed to send them my IELTS test results. My transcripts from my country were also in English, but that doesn't satisfy the requirement for proof of English proficiency.

If you haven't done this so far, you have 3 days left to send in your IELTS/TOEFL test results, which should not be older than 2 years.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Thanks for your reply.Didn't understand why you said 3 days. I do have my general IELTS but I guess they won't accept it.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Send PM
Kudos