Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools: SMU '21 (S)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [1]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22050 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: Help with sentence correction and 50 days left to the test [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Nitishnautiyal,

I agree that since you have been studying for only 10 days, you can’t expect to be perfect on SC. Since you seem to be struggling with some aspects of Sentence Correction, would you like general advice on how to improve in that topic?
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Help with sentence correction and 50 days left to the test [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Nitish, have you tried doing official SC questions (from Official guide and on this forum) and what is your accuracy level in those questions?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So guys now I have 44 days left to write my test I have started with cr today ,

With the egmat course so far I have 50-60% accuracy on medium level questions and 40% accuracy on hard level questions , my accuracy on the official guide is really high but I haven’t done that timed ,

Also in egmat verbal scholarium as soon as I do the reattempt of the quiz I score low in I score really high like 80-90 percent it’s just that I am screwing up the meaning and always choose the incorrect choice knowing that I am choosing the incorrect choice therefore when I do the reattempt I score well (without having looked at answers ) I have solved og and egmat scholarium somehwrre like 130 in scholarium and most of og for SC .

I am just a bit scared if I have enough time to master the remaining course module quant cr and rc included and do mocks .

I gave SC somehwre around 17 days and that’s too much , I have been deligently studying and did everything egmat wants you to do with revision cementing etc maybe I am just dumb but I am moving on to CR and hope for the best with genuine efforts , in the end if I don’t score well then am just dumb I guess . So far I haven’t been an idiot in my undergrad etc and have constructed two unconventional businesses from scratch in India which are doing well

This whole test prep is making me doubt myself and making me low in confidence and occasional Panick attacks as well .

Can’t control everything i guess let’s see how it goes , it’s just that indian pool of students is soo freaking tough everyone has like a 720+ and is an engineer etc with solid gpa , I on the other hand have good enough academics but a lot more on entrepreneurship to showcase which are legit strong money making businesses and my reason to do an mba is to gain more clarity on strategising it’s expansions

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Nitishnautiyal,

While I have no doubt that you've worked through lots of practice questions, it's not clear HOW you're working through them (re: the Tactics that you're using, how you're reviewing questions that you got wrong, etc.). The type of Score that you're after is above the 90th percentile (so clearly most people - regardless of their ethnicity - either CAN'T or WON'T do what it takes to earn that type of Score). To properly fix the issues that you're looking to fix, we have to define a number of different aspects of your studies (and plans) - and I'll be happy to help you with this next phase of your studies, but you will first need to answer the questions that I asked in my prior post.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC

1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week? 4 on the weekdays and 5 on weekends
2) What study materials have you used so far? egmat currently using and og vr qr
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH) haven’t scored any mocks just progressing through each section with the necessary og questions and the egmat scholaranium questions which are really good

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score? 700+
5) When is your exact Test Date? 30/12/2019
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School? first week on jan to make it to round two
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to? just the universities in Singapore

Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC

1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week? 4 on the weekdays and 5 on weekends
2) What study materials have you used so far? egmat currently using and og vr qr
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH) haven’t scored any mocks just progressing through each section with the necessary og questions and the egmat scholaranium questions which are really good

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score? 700+
5) When is your exact Test Date? 30/12/2019
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School? first week on jan to make it to round two
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to? just the universities in Singapore

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Nitishnautiyal,

Since you have put in some study time already, then you really MUST take a FULL-LENGTH CAT (including the Essay and IR sections) sometime soon (perhaps this weekend). That initial diagnostic CAT is important - it helps to define your strengths and weaknesses and gives you a basis for comparison as you continue to study. Most Test Takers are not happy with that first CAT result, but that's not a big deal - you still have plenty of time to learn the proper Tactics and improve. There are likely issues with how you currently handle the Verbal section that will only become clear once we see how you perform under realistic, timed conditions. Once you have your first CAT Score, you should post back here; we can then discuss the results and how best to proceed.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot