Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Re: UCLA Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
I’d greatly appreciate if my profile could be evaluated. Feedback regarding my chances of getting admitted and tips for improving those odds are welcome. I will try to be brief in order not to take a lot of your time. Thanks in advance.

Personal Info: 25 years old Brazilian (from Salvador).

Education: Undergrad - Law School (not ranked);

UNDERGRADUATE GPA: 7,09/10 (Due to imaturity, since i got into university with 16 years old);
POSTGRADUATE GPA: 9,01/10 (Business Law post grad at the best law school of Brazil);
GMAT: 720 (Q50, V38, IR 7, AWA 5.5);
IELTS: 8.0;

Work Exp: 4 years of exp at matriculation:
2 years as an intern in M&A (boutique law firm);
3 years as an Associate Lawer - M&A (boutique law firm);

Extra Cs: Head of the pro bono practise of the law firm i work;
Member of the Brazilian Bar Business Law Commission;
2 months as an English teacher for AIESEC at Colombia;

Languages: Portuguese (fluent), English (fluent/advanced), Spanish ( intermediate) and French (level c1 - advanced)

Goals: To change my career and break into finance industry (PE or IB).

Best regards,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 720 Q43 V45
GPA: 3.39
Send PM
Re: UCLA Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Requesting Profile Evaluation, I will be applying this week to Round 2

Personal: Caucasian Male, 27yo,

Education: 3.39 GPA at UConn undergraduate, Manufacturing Engineering and Business major
GMAT: 720 43 Q, 45 V, 6.0 AW, 7 IR

Work: 4.75 year work experience. First as operations leadership dev program for 3 years, plant manager in metal fabrication shop the last 2 years (7 salaried reports and 80 hourly employees). Highlighting culture-change success, improved safety performance, mentoring and coaching my team, and significant productivity improvements in my current role.

Extra C's:
Undergrad: Captain of University's rugby team for 2.5 years, volunteer tutor at local middle schools, logistics manager for the school sponsored Special Olympics event
Work: Assigned mentor to 2 individuals in different areas, employee engagement committee, community outreach committee, coach for Women at Work group, co-run Adopt-A-Family program on holidays
External: Recreational volleyball or soccer 2 nights a week, local area's young professionals board member, philanthropy committee member of town chamber of commerce, avid skier

Why MBA: I've worked in manufacturing since college and am at an inflection point, my next career move could be to manage a larger plant and stay in manufacturing...but instead I am seeking to use the MBA to pivot industries and work towards general management. My passion is around the natural world and I ultimately would like to work for a company in greentech, smart farming, or actively contributing to help protect the environment

I realize my weaknesses could be a lower then ideal GPA in undergrad (engineering coursework combined with immaturity of accepting "good enough"), and my low quant on the GMAT (much lower then I was anticipating, does not reflect my reputation at work for skill with analytics and budget). I am working to address this in my optional essay.

I appreciate any feedback anyone could offer!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE:Research (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hi all?

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of applying to UCLA Anderson for 2020 R1 deadline.

- Background: Indian female, Gvernment working as a scientfic officer in BARC, India. Currently involved in R&D and project management.
- GPA: 3.76 / 4 (in Instrumentation engineering); I also have an M.Tech degree in nuclear engg which i pursued part time while working in BARC
- GMAT: 700 (40 Verbal, 46 Quant)
- Post MBA career: Strategy and general management roles inTech Industry (preferably companies with prime focus on energy or electronics)
Long term goal: Hoping to return to India and become a part of NITI aayog (Planning commission of India)
I am targeting Anderson because of its huge tech focus and the California advantage.

Pls let me know if I should retake GMAT and aim for a better score or I should give a try with my current score. Is there any other b-schools that I target? Also, any suggestion on overall improvement of my profile is also welcome :)
Thanks in advance! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hello everyone

I am a 26 year old female from India.
GMAT : 760
Education : BTECH from a tier 2 college with GPA 8.25/10
Work experience : 4+ years of experience in a leading IT company in the country. I work in the automotive domain wherein I am involved in the development, validation and deployment of ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System ECU) softwares. For the past 1 year, I am in Japan, at client location, leading a team of 10 (both at onsite and offshore) wherein we are involved in the In Vehicle ECU Software development and deployment of the Driver Attention Alert System. I directly interact with our client so as to completely understand and analyse their requirements and then devise the strategy to achieve the same.
Extra-curricular : I am an avid reader and a writer. I have an online blog with over 20 published articles and over 1k followers.
Apart from this, I am a trained Bharatnatyam (Indian classical dance form) dancer, practicing dance right from the tender age of 6. I have performed at over 200 stages and have received many accolades throughout my school and university tenure.
Volunteer activities : Right from the age of 17, I have been involved in several NGO activities. While I was pursuing my 11th and 12th, I used to provide home tuitions for 10-12 under privileged students. Then while in college, I volunteered with Teach for India. I have also volunteered with Help Age India and taught our elderly basic Math and English.
I would like to know my chances at top Bschools in the world.

Posted from my mobile device
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi, and thanks for writing! Yes, do address your GPA and your GMAT quant score in your OE, pointing out the A grades that you received in quant subjects in college and describing your heavily analytical duties at work. Do make sure that you 1. communicate the motivations behind your career goals clearly and emphasize how Anderson (through its specific resources) will help you attain them ) 2. write a thoughtful essay 2 that allows you to highlight your extracurricular impact and 3. encourage your recommenders to provide plenty of specific examples that show your strengths, how you've risen above peers, and how you've grown professionally. Doing so will help offset the areas of weakness.

Hope that helps a bit! :)

kwikholm18 wrote:
Requesting Profile Evaluation, I will be applying this week to Round 2

Personal: Caucasian Male, 27yo,

Education: 3.39 GPA at UConn undergraduate, Manufacturing Engineering and Business major
GMAT: 720 43 Q, 45 V, 6.0 AW, 7 IR

Work: 4.75 year work experience. First as operations leadership dev program for 3 years, plant manager in metal fabrication shop the last 2 years (7 salaried reports and 80 hourly employees). Highlighting culture-change success, improved safety performance, mentoring and coaching my team, and significant productivity improvements in my current role.

Extra C's:
Undergrad: Captain of University's rugby team for 2.5 years, volunteer tutor at local middle schools, logistics manager for the school sponsored Special Olympics event
Work: Assigned mentor to 2 individuals in different areas, employee engagement committee, community outreach committee, coach for Women at Work group, co-run Adopt-A-Family program on holidays
External: Recreational volleyball or soccer 2 nights a week, local area's young professionals board member, philanthropy committee member of town chamber of commerce, avid skier

Why MBA: I've worked in manufacturing since college and am at an inflection point, my next career move could be to manage a larger plant and stay in manufacturing...but instead I am seeking to use the MBA to pivot industries and work towards general management. My passion is around the natural world and I ultimately would like to work for a company in greentech, smart farming, or actively contributing to help protect the environment

I realize my weaknesses could be a lower then ideal GPA in undergrad (engineering coursework combined with immaturity of accepting "good enough"), and my low quant on the GMAT (much lower then I was anticipating, does not reflect my reputation at work for skill with analytics and budget). I am working to address this in my optional essay.

I appreciate any feedback anyone could offer!
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi, and thanks for writing! Given how competitive the process is for Indian applicants, I would recommend retaking the GMAT and aiming for 730+.

Are you involved in any extracurricular activities (post-collegiate)? If not, definitely pursue this in an area of interest (perhaps related to something you did in undergrad, for sake of continuity) as this can strengthen your profile as well).

In your application, make sure that you're able to communicate very clearly 1. the motivations behind your goals - why are you interested in being in the tech industry post-MBA? Also, keep in mind that strategy roles often require prior consulting experience, so think about what you want your trajectory to look like. Also, be sure to communicate how an MBA will help prepare you for your long-term goal and 2. how Anderson will help you attain them (based on its specific resources) and what about the culture appeals to you - to obtain this info, be sure to attend events if possible and speak with students and alumni.

Hope that helps! :)

shankishri wrote:
Hi all?

Hi everyone,

- Background: Indian female, Gvernment working as a scientfic officer in BARC, India. Currently involved in R&D and project management.
- GPA: 3.76 / 4 (in Instrumentation engineering); I also have an M.Tech degree in nuclear engg which i pursued part time while working in BARC
- Post MBA career: Strategy and general management roles inTech Industry (preferably companies with prime focus on energy or electronics)
Long term goal: Hoping to return to India and become a part of NITI aayog (Planning commission of India)
I am targeting Anderson because of its huge tech focus and the California advantage.

Pls let me know if I should retake GMAT and aim for a better score or I should give a try with my current score. Is there any other b-schools that I target? Also, any suggestion on overall improvement of my profile is also welcome :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE:Research (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
mbaMissionNishaT wrote:
Hi, and thanks for writing! Given how competitive the process is for Indian applicants, I would recommend retaking the GMAT and aiming for 730+.

Are you involved in any extracurricular activities (post-collegiate)? If not, definitely pursue this in an area of interest (perhaps related to something you did in undergrad, for sake of continuity) as this can strengthen your profile as well).

In your application, make sure that you're able to communicate very clearly 1. the motivations behind your goals - why are you interested in being in the tech industry post-MBA? Also, keep in mind that strategy roles often require prior consulting experience, so think about what you want your trajectory to look like. Also, be sure to communicate how an MBA will help prepare you for your long-term goal and 2. how Anderson will help you attain them (based on its specific resources) and what about the culture appeals to you - to obtain this info, be sure to attend events if possible and speak with students and alumni.

Hope that helps! :)

shankishri wrote:
Hi all?

Hi everyone,

Hi Nisha!! Thanks a lot for your review! I do have few co- curricular pursuits. I am getting trained in classical dancing and yoga. I am also involved with a few NGOs in Mumbai. I will definitely introspect on the points that you ve mentioned!!
Thanks! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Technology
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hello,

Could someone please review my profile?

· Demographics (nationality, gender): Indian, male, will be 30 years old, this July.
· Education (undergraduate institution, GPA, major - high school/entrance exams not needed): Visvesvaraya Technological University, (India), Bachelor's in Electrical and Electronics engineering, GPA : 2.78
· GMAT or GRE (include section breakdown): 730 (Q49, VA 45 )
.Work experience (highlight amount of work experience, industries, roles, promotions, special accomplishments, international exposure):
- Started with IBM as an IT analyst and moved to Deloitte as an IT consultant. Was an individual contributor, and received a 'stellar performer of the year' award. Planned three
different platforms to address client issues. Worked with the development teams to outline a ticketing tool, curated for my team needs.
- Joined British Telecommunications as a network engineer, and later got promoted as a manager - workforce management consulting ( Individual contributor) . Designed a sharepoint
site for global clients to analyse their project data. Brainstormed different versions to come up with something closer to their operational goals. Received 4 quarterly awards for
process improvement, and 5 (senior) client recommendations. Massively improved operational performances for 3 different projects which was performing pathetically poor, leveraging
the benefits of the dashboard I designed. I have also been involved with several business transformational projects.

IBM : January 2014 – August 2015
Deloitte : September 2015 – December 2016
British Telecom : December 2016 – Present.

· Extracurricular activities (highlight notable undergraduate and post-undergraduate ones):
- School :
- Was the cultural captain : Was responsible to host cultural events and collaborate with other schools on cultural fests. Received 4 gold medals in school level athletics.
-Was the captain of the school's cricket team, for two years. (captaincy rotated every two years.

- Undergraduate:

o Founded the college's first heavy metal band
o Started the college's first Music club with a separate brick and mortar house.
o Received several gold/silver medals for different inter-college sports/game/music competitions.
o Founded a poetry club.

. Post-MBA goals: I want to get into management consulting or finance.

· Other information relevant to your profile: I have no international experience, but most of my clients have been from diverse nationalities.

Regards,
theleopride

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Haas '22 (I)
Send PM
Background and nationality
Undergrad Information T10 did a local masters in CS
GRE: 162 Q 156V 5.0 AWA
Work experience and leadership security agency one year, a gap in major employment, back 4 years strong with a greater role after my masters here in NYC
Community and others: Muslim and in civic orgs for it

Is it worth putting in app right now for UCLA ANderson full time, any major advantages for industry transition for their PT?

Their placement is ecellent and I am aiming for tech post grad? 31M
Post MBA goals
Anything else?

I wish I could retake the GRE but just dono't have the time with the obligations I have and the lack of accomodation due to COVID. I have gotten a lot better since I started working in an engineering position at quant. 2017 my scores are in line with anderosn's entering class, but not 2019's entering class

Could it be that COVID will result in a more 2017 esque situation with regards to lower GRE avg?
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi @abagolemafia,

Thank you for your post. I am not quite sure I understand your goals and the experience you have had thus far. What are your professional goals (short- and long-term)? What does tech mean for you, and how do you see the MBA helping you?

As far as submitting an application for UCLA Anderson, I would say, only submit if you feel you can put together a strong application. As to the GRE, there is a GRE at Home version of the test you can take from the comfort of your home, should you choose to retake.

If you would like to discuss your application one-on-one, please reach out.

Good luck!

gabagolemafia wrote:
Work experience and leadership security agency one year, a gap in major employment, back 4 years strong with a greater role after my masters here in NYC

Is it worth putting in app right now for UCLA ANderson full time, any major advantages for industry transition for their PT?

Post MBA goals
Anything else?

I wish I could retake the GRE but just dono't have the time with the obligations I have and the lack of accomodation due to COVID. I have gotten a lot better since I started working in an engineering position at quant. 2017 my scores are in line with anderosn's entering class, but not 2019's entering class

Could it be that COVID will result in a more 2017 esque situation with regards to lower GRE avg?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Haas '22 (I)
Send PM
SiaAdmissions wrote:
Hi @abagolemafia,

Thank you for your post. I am not quite sure I understand your goals and the experience you have had thus far. What are your professional goals (short- and long-term)? What does tech mean for you, and how do you see the MBA helping you?

As far as submitting an application for UCLA Anderson, I would say, only submit if you feel you can put together a strong application. As to the GRE, there is a GRE at Home version of the test you can take from the comfort of your home, should you choose to retake.

If you would like to discuss your application one-on-one, please reach out.

Good luck!

gabagolemafia wrote:

Post MBA goals
Anything else?

Even though I went to a T10 it was not a tech heavy school and I want to transition over into an industry where tech is the center, and really I guess I need to land an internship to do that well (ie into a product industry in tech). Will that be possible on a part time program, would recruiters take a look at me negatively?

Part time programs I'm thinking of are Haas and Berekeley specifically and it's unclear whether they limit PT students from on campus recruiting etc?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Vibranture
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi theleopride,

For me, what instantly stood out in your profile are the brand names on your resume. IBM, Deloitte, and BT are all good and add strength and credibility to your background.

Your GMAT score though good, could have been better, but it's the lower than average GPA and a non-IIT/ NIT education that might reduce the overall appeal.
But I'm most concerned about the lack of international experience. So you'll really need to highlight your experience working with diverse clients - throughout your application.

I work with many Indian applicants with the same challenge and we have to make sure the adcom appreciates the candidate's global mindset and international perspective even if they have not studied or worked abroad.

If you want to talk to me personally, feel free to email me at mail@vibranture.com :)

Here is a review from one of my recent admits.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/who-are-the- ... l#p2481221

You might also benefit from reading the following?
How do business schools evaluate your profile
https://vibranture.com/articles/how-scho ... rofile.htm

Good luck!

theleopride wrote:
Hello,

· Demographics (nationality, gender): Indian, male, will be 30 years old, this July.
· Education (undergraduate institution, GPA, major - high school/entrance exams not needed): Visvesvaraya Technological University, (India), Bachelor's in Electrical and Electronics engineering, GPA : 2.78
.Work experience (highlight amount of work experience, industries, roles, promotions, special accomplishments, international exposure):
- Started with IBM as an IT analyst and moved to Deloitte as an IT consultant. Was an individual contributor, and received a 'stellar performer of the year' award. Planned three
different platforms to address client issues. Worked with the development teams to outline a ticketing tool, curated for my team needs.
- Joined British Telecommunications as a network engineer, and later got promoted as a manager - workforce management consulting ( Individual contributor) . Designed a sharepoint
site for global clients to analyse their project data. Brainstormed different versions to come up with something closer to their operational goals. Received 4 quarterly awards for
process improvement, and 5 (senior) client recommendations. Massively improved operational performances for 3 different projects which was performing pathetically poor, leveraging
the benefits of the dashboard I designed. I have also been involved with several business transformational projects.

· Extracurricular activities (highlight notable undergraduate and post-undergraduate ones):
- School :
- Was the cultural captain : Was responsible to host cultural events and collaborate with other schools on cultural fests. Received 4 gold medals in school level athletics.
-Was the captain of the school's cricket team, for two years. (captaincy rotated every two years.

- Undergraduate:

o Started the college's first Music club with a separate brick and mortar house.
o Received several gold/silver medals for different inter-college sports/game/music competitions.
o Founded a poetry club.

· Other information relevant to your profile: I have no international experience, but most of my clients have been from diverse nationalities.

Regards,
theleopride

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Technology
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
SheaRai wrote:
Hi theleopride,

For me, what instantly stood out in your profile are the brand names on your resume. IBM, Deloitte, and BT are all good and add strength and credibility to your background.

Your GMAT score though good, could have been better, but it's the lower than average GPA and a non-IIT/ NIT education that might reduce the overall appeal.
But I'm most concerned about the lack of international experience. So you'll really need to highlight your experience working with diverse clients - throughout your application.

I work with many Indian applicants with the same challenge and we have to make sure the adcom appreciates the candidate's global mindset and international perspective even if they have not studied or worked abroad.

If you want to talk to me personally, feel free to email me at mail@vibranture.com :)

Here is a review from one of my recent admits.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/who-are-the- ... l#p2481221

You might also benefit from reading the following?
How do business schools evaluate your profile
https://vibranture.com/articles/how-scho ... rofile.htm

Good luck!

theleopride wrote:
Hello,

- School :

- Undergraduate:

o Founded a poetry club.

Regards,
theleopride

Hi,

Thank you very much for the insights! Appreciate it! Will certainly check your website out.

Regards,
theleopride
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: Darden '23
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Kudos
Hello everyone,
Will be glad for a profile review.
Indian male, 24
Gmat -740

Preferred bschools - kellogg, , Columbia, emory, isb (india), rice (jones), darden, ucla.

Undergrad 6.5/7 CGPA from a top 10 college in India as a bachelor's degree in Commerce, graduated in 2017. University of mumbai ( HR COLLEGE OF COMMERCE)

Other certifications- US CFA ( above 90 percentile at all levels) , US CMA , US CPA , US CAIA ( Part 1 completed).

Few other investment and derivative certifications and courses along with the FMVA financial modelling course.

Worked full time during all three years of my college,
2 years as an investment analyst in a mid size firm (full time though might be considered as an internship)
1 year of articleship as an accountant in a mid tier accountancy firm ( since i did two levels of Chartered accountancy as well)

Post graduation,
Working in one of the top accountancy firms in my state , joined as an accountant but with pretty good performance, was promoted as the team leader within a year , managing a team of 8.
Well after working there for about 2 years, i had developed indepth knowledge of the biggest industry in that state ( mining and minerals) as they were our major clients and successfully started a new wing within my firm providing consulting and advisory service to MSME ( Micro small and medium enterprise).
Was a great success, bought in a chunk of clients bringing other business with them as well. Was promoted as the manager of the firm handling the entire msme consulting division along with the 20 employees that comes with it.

With respect to the social impact, i am very happy and proud of the projects that i have successfully completed.
During my college days, was the head of the National service scheme, ( pretty big collaboration between colleges), though head of my own college.
Helped the workers and the domestic help to get themselves organised and worked with them forming a union registered with their local police stations bringing a regulation and oversight towards any wrongful treatment and exploitation against them.

For the past 4 years, I am a registered member of the heartfulness organization, an education and spirituality organization, teaching the younger generation about the importance and understanding of spirituality. Have organized seminars all across the country with an median attendance of about 2000-3000 people in every one of them.
Have been part of various initiatives such as the green kanha, wherein we strive and work towards environmental protection and preservation, planting thousands of trees and having a means for water conservation for the use of agricultural.

On a side note- i created 2 firms in the mining and mineral line, using my skills and knowledge to grab a solid opportunity, (wanted to strategically use funds, selling one business at a good profit and utilizing that to run my other firm and making it a export oriented unit, this sale freed up my investment and helped my family come out of a tough financial condition). The important part of this venture was to make it a self sustaining source of incomenfor my family and form a partnership with the right kind of people having excellent business management skills and good hold at a local level. Hopefully everything till now went as planned.

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: MBA and Beyond
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Shantanu: Sharma
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE:Other (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Hi @jeensethi09,

You have got a great profile there! I believe you stand a great chance to secure a spot in all your preferred b-schools. For UCLA Anderson, beyond GMAT score, the adcom seeks to find the following attributes in their applicants:
1. Shared Success: The founding stone of Anderson which believes that an individual can thrive in and with a community and so when an individual wins, it is a collective victory.
2. Think Fearlessly: You should be able to think and go ‘above and beyond’ in every field you step in.
3. Drive Change: One should be able to drive a real, lasting change, a strong impact on the community, in the work, in the society.

I see a great mix of all three in your profile. What caught my attention in your profile is the fact that you started working full time right in your college and gained some good experience. Also, the fact that you digged deeper in an industry and dared to start a new wing within your company and then starting 2 other firms really speaks for 2 & 3. Other than this you are connected to your community which is the first value that Anderson focuses on.

Let me reiterate that with your profile and score, I see a fair chance for you to make it to Anderson. What's going to matter most in your application is how you connect the experiential dots and build a great story to stand out from other applicants in the pool.

Also, I would like to know about your Post MBA goal because that is a vital part of your essays and even for deciding on the right school for you. If you’d like, I am happy to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your chances in further detail.
Feel free to book my calendar as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma,
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Schedule a free session
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525
Call: +49-15212121641
Linkedin

jeetsethi09 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Will be glad for a profile review.
Indian male, 24
Gmat -740

Preferred bschools - kellogg, , Columbia, emory, isb (india), rice (jones), darden, ucla.

Undergrad 6.5/7 CGPA from a top 10 college in India as a bachelor's degree in Commerce, graduated in 2017. University of mumbai ( HR COLLEGE OF COMMERCE)

Other certifications- US CFA ( above 90 percentile at all levels) , US CMA , US CPA , US CAIA ( Part 1 completed).

Few other investment and derivative certifications and courses along with the FMVA financial modelling course.

Worked full time during all three years of my college,
2 years as an investment analyst in a mid size firm (full time though might be considered as an internship)
1 year of articleship as an accountant in a mid tier accountancy firm ( since i did two levels of Chartered accountancy as well)

Post graduation,
Working in one of the top accountancy firms in my state , joined as an accountant but with pretty good performance, was promoted as the team leader within a year , managing a team of 8.
Well after working there for about 2 years, i had developed indepth knowledge of the biggest industry in that state ( mining and minerals) as they were our major clients and successfully started a new wing within my firm providing consulting and advisory service to MSME ( Micro small and medium enterprise).
Was a great success, bought in a chunk of clients bringing other business with them as well. Was promoted as the manager of the firm handling the entire msme consulting division along with the 20 employees that comes with it.

With respect to the social impact, i am very happy and proud of the projects that i have successfully completed.
During my college days, was the head of the National service scheme, ( pretty big collaboration between colleges), though head of my own college.
Helped the workers and the domestic help to get themselves organised and worked with them forming a union registered with their local police stations bringing a regulation and oversight towards any wrongful treatment and exploitation against them.

For the past 4 years, I am a registered member of the heartfulness organization, an education and spirituality organization, teaching the younger generation about the importance and understanding of spirituality. Have organized seminars all across the country with an median attendance of about 2000-3000 people in every one of them.
Have been part of various initiatives such as the green kanha, wherein we strive and work towards environmental protection and preservation, planting thousands of trees and having a means for water conservation for the use of agricultural.

On a side note- i created 2 firms in the mining and mineral line, using my skills and knowledge to grab a solid opportunity, (wanted to strategically use funds, selling one business at a good profit and utilizing that to run my other firm and making it a export oriented unit, this sale freed up my investment and helped my family come out of a tough financial condition). The important part of this venture was to make it a self sustaining source of incomenfor my family and form a partnership with the right kind of people having excellent business management skills and good hold at a local level. Hopefully everything till now went as planned.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 41
Schools: UCLA MSBA "23
Send PM
Dear all, I am transitioning from social work to business analytics, I dream of UCLA and I would appreciate some profile evaluation here. Thanks in advance!

-Background and nationality:
I would like to apply for business analytics. I am a Chinese (speaks Mandarin and Canto) but I've been in the US since high school where I graduated with a national honor roll.
-Education Information:
Went to UC Irvine for undergrad and studied sociology (took 3 stats classes and a game theory class, cumulative GPA was 2.8); then to USC for master and studied gerontology (took leadership/consumer marketing classes, cumulative GPA was 3.55). During school I also assisted in 3 academic researches, one of them was published. I interviewed participants and analyzed qualitative data using excel, NVivo and Visio.
-GMAT/GRE:
to be taken, I am studying for GMAT with Magoosh, Veritasprep on youtube, 2020OG and our beloved gmatclub:)
-Work experience and leadership:
I worked at a nonprofit for 1.5 years. I evaluated client cases, made assessment on resources delivery and implemented quality assurance; coordinated events with community partners; designed surveys and analyzed data.
I have 2 more work experiences--a month in movie development research and one year in school as project assistant
-Community and others:
Besides the nonprofit when I worked as a social worker and coordinator, I also volunteered for different organizations such as Red Cross and Autism Speaks. I have been playing the piano since I was 4 and I am on level 8.
-Post Master goals:
I'd like to work as a business analyst. I am interested in the "analyst" role.
-Anything else?
I actually grew up reading business magazines thanks to my family. I know I don't have a strong quant background, my undergrad gpa is low, I didn't study any business/data major, I don't have skills in analytics tools(python, R, etc) yet, and my gmat is scheduled for early December. Would it still be possible to apply for UCLA next year (2011)? How should I plan and convince the admission office?

Thank you so much for your help!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Please evaluate me. Thanks in advance!

Background and nationality: Age 26, White Male

Undergrad Information: Top 30 Engineering School, B.S. Chemical Engineering 3.41 GPA; (3.6 ChemE specific GPA)

GMAT: 750

Work experience and leadership: 2 year Project Manager for an environmental remediation company contracting for the DOE. Projects included multi-million dollar, multi-year projects that were centered around the decontamination and demolition of legacy buildings that built nuclear reactors for the U.S. Navy.
6 Months Contract and Proposal Sales Specialist: Lead proposal efforts between the company and U.S. Navy to sell nuclear reactors for the United States' naval supply. Serve as the proposal manager and lead of negotiations for such contracts. Contract sizes ranged from ~$5M - $1.6B.

Post MBA goals: Short Term - work for a consulting firm to help develop solutions to make renewable energy sources more efficient and profitable to combat the reliance on non-renewable energy.
Long Term - Start a Design Firm that develops renewable energy technologies that can be used in industries that currently heavily rely on energy sources such as coal and oil&gas.

Anything else?
Passed all 3 CFA exams in the minimum time possible (18 months) and all on the first try. Passed level 3 June 2019
Registered Project Management Professional (PMP)
Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam for Chemical Engineering.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9