Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 4
WE:Corporate Finance (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.58
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Stormbreaker wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:
Stormbreaker, any update on your issue?

Yeah, got an update here. Have booked an appointment for the Zoom interview.

That is great news. All the best.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU Stern MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Kudos
ng4fore wrote:
Got an invite today :)

Brief - GMAT 750; 5 yrs experience in M&A advisory, currently employed with management consulting firm in M&A Advisory role

Congratulations ng4fore
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For the handful of people who've been admitted from R1: What's Stern's deadline to submit the deposit?
Current Student
Status:He came. He saw. He conquered. -- Going to Business School -- Corruptus in Extremis
Own Kudos [?]: 5739 [0]
Given Kudos: 3054
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Send PM
Expert Reply
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Looks like that's the deposit deadline for the executive MBA, not the full time program. Know where information for the full time program might be found?
Current Student
Status:He came. He saw. He conquered. -- Going to Business School -- Corruptus in Extremis
Own Kudos [?]: 5739 [0]
Given Kudos: 3054
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Send PM
Expert Reply
I suggest googling it, mate. If you truly want to go, it might be worth the time investment.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Is there any pattern to the Stern offers going out? Seen quite a few folks report getting in who have been interviewed beginning of November. Can we presume they go in an orderly fashion (if two people interviewed 11/1 and one got the call, the other can assume they got dinged) or is it a bit random?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
ConsultingGuy0543 wrote:
Is there any pattern to the Stern offers going out? Seen quite a few folks report getting in who have been interviewed beginning of November. Can we presume they go in an orderly fashion (if two people interviewed 11/1 and one got the call, the other can assume they got dinged) or is it a bit random?

Seems random for sure. I heard it is painful every year!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.67
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Has anyone had an R1 interview yet? Not much on the interview debrief area so curious about what to expect. Stern is a little unique as many other schools are blind or partially blind (only resume) and Stern also seems less willing than other schools to use 2nd years for interviews, so just curious what to expect.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
Has anyone applied to R2 for FT MBA? :please Do you think interview invites will be sent out before the Christmas holidays?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Schools: LBS '22 (I)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Kudos
wraider84 wrote:
Has anyone had an R1 interview yet? Not much on the interview debrief area so curious about what to expect. Stern is a little unique as many other schools are blind or partially blind (only resume) and Stern also seems less willing than other schools to use 2nd years for interviews, so just curious what to expect.

Pretty standard questions, nothing surprising. I’m not sure if it’s only me, but I felt that Stern interviewers are professionally trained. My interviewer was very good at hiding feelings about my answers and I could see that she was reading into every detail, e.g. my facial expressions and body language, and make adjustments to list of questions accordingly.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.67
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hoagie wrote:
Pretty standard questions, nothing surprising. I’m not sure if it’s only me, but I felt that Stern interviewers are professionally trained. My interviewer was very good at hiding feelings about my answers and I could see that she was reading into every detail, e.g. my facial expressions and body language, and make adjustments to list of questions accordingly.

Ok got it thanks. Yes I assume since they prefer to not use second year students the interviewers might be a little better at hiding reactions. I just need to adjust knowing that they know my whole application already
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Stern '22
GMAT 1: 580 Q41 V28
GPA: 4
Send PM
I had finished my application before thebR1 deadline but one of my recommenders finished her form after the same, so I'm guessing I will be considered with the R2 applicants but I haven't received an interview invite or a rejection. Any idea by when I'll hear from NYU?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Schools: LBS '22 (I)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Kudos
wraider84 wrote:
Hoagie wrote:

Ok got it thanks. Yes I assume since they prefer to not use second year students the interviewers might be a little better at hiding reactions. I just need to adjust knowing that they know my whole application already

Yes, do prepare for that. They really pay attention to every detail in the application form.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GRE 1: Q157 V160
GPA: 3.83
WE:Brand Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
seems like a lot of waitlists went out via portal for R1 this week, and many people have heard on interviews... anyone in the same boat as me and application still says "under review"? I submitted on 9/30.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
alyssaposk wrote:
seems like a lot of waitlists went out via portal for R1 this week, and many people have heard on interviews... anyone in the same boat as me and application still says "under review"? I submitted on 9/30.

I'm in the same boat. Submitted in August and still says "under review." I'm not sure what to think...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
alyssaposk wrote:

Same here! Worried that it means an ding without interview :|
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  14   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts