Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:36 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Ross School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 108 [5]
Given Kudos: 111
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 590 Q49 V22
GMAT 2: 670 Q48 V34
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Hi Ishan,

What is your profile and when did you apply ?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Hi VSClub,

I have 4+ years WE in digital marketing & market research. Applied on 27th Oct and interviewed on 5th Nov.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
sj24 wrote:
sj24 wrote:
smidha93 wrote:
Hey Guys,

I had submitted my application on 1st Nov for R1. The application is still in a submitted state.
Does anyone have the application in some other state as "in review" or anything else?

Status is "submitted" for me as well. No change.
Let me know if it changes for you.

Status changed to "In Review".

My application status is also in the review state. Did you hear back from them yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All,

So this is a general reply to some of the questions I've seen posted.

I've been fortunate to have a good rapport with the members of the adcom I've been in contact with. What I understand from them is that they meet only on thursdays to discuss candidates. Not hearing back from them should not be viewed as a negative it may be viewed as positive because they didnt reject you at the most recent admissions meeting.

If you had an interview they probably discussed your application already (no guarantees though). I also understood that if you get approved at one of the adcoms meeting it may take them a second one to evaluate how much in scholarships they will approve.

The adcoms like being engaged so it's good to send follow up emails, I am going to send one later today. Be professional and show that you're following up because this is the school you want to be at. You'll be fine. Hope to see you all in 2020

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
One other thing to add. Tonight I will be attending a McGill MBA class to get an understanding of what their classes are like. I'm attending their CEO series and I'm really excited, I'll report back what my thoughts are, here.

Ross School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 108 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
smidha93 wrote:
My application status is also in the review state. Did you hear back from them yet?

Not yet :(
The URL is "nimbus.mcgill.ca/uApply".
As soon as I type n in my browser URL bar, it suggests me the above application dashboard link, ahead of netflix.
Checking every day and the wait is excruciatingly hard!!
Ross School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 108 [0]
Send PM
avinoam wrote:
Hi All,

So this is a general reply to some of the questions I've seen posted.

I've been fortunate to have a good rapport with the members of the adcom I've been in contact with. What I understand from them is that they meet only on thursdays to discuss candidates. Not hearing back from them should not be viewed as a negative it may be viewed as positive because they didnt reject you at the most recent admissions meeting.

If you had an interview they probably discussed your application already (no guarantees though). I also understood that if you get approved at one of the adcoms meeting it may take them a second one to evaluate how much in scholarships they will approve.

The adcoms like being engaged so it's good to send follow up emails, I am going to send one later today. Be professional and show that you're following up because this is the school you want to be at. You'll be fine. Hope to see you all in 2020

That's a great update.
Please keep us posted :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
So I wrote my follow up e-mail and I got a quick phone call assuring me that I've been accepted to the Desautels class of 2022! They sent me an unofficial email and said and official one will come soon! Please let me know if you've been accepted to!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
avinoam wrote:
So I wrote my follow up e-mail and I got a quick phone call assuring me that I've been accepted to the Desautels class of 2022! They sent me an unofficial email and said and official one will come soon! Please let me know if you've been accepted to!

Congratulations!! :)

My application is still in "in review" state.
Eagerly waiting for an interview call.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi avinoam,

May I know who you addressed your follow up email to?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
The person who interviewed me, Antoinette. I had her email because after our interview I reached out to the person who organized the interview and requested Antoinette's email because I intended to send her a thank you email (and i did with in 24 hours) 1 week later I saw her at an MBA event and then 1 week later I wrote a follow up email.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Oh okay. I also interviewed with Antoinette and also wrote her a thank you email within 24 hours of the interview. I just wrote a follow up email to Pina, who helped organise my interview. Hoping for the best now!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Happy to share that I’ve just been admitted to the class of 2022 as well! Received an unofficial mail, stating that they will send me a formal acceptance mail next week. Happy to help anyone out through the process!

Ross School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 108 [0]
Send PM
Congratulations avinoam & IshanH !!!
Great news!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
IshanH, Is McGill the school you're aiming for. It's my top choice! If you're going to accept we should start a group of McGill 2022 students, and start developing positive relationships!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
avinoam, well McGill and Schulich were my top choices, given my professional background and career goals. I will hear back from Schulich around mid December on my application status. However I’m fully aware that they are both very different programs and I am leaning towards McGill because I feel it could be a better fit for me. So I will accept the offer.

The school will probably create a group of all the admitted students but we should definitely create one ourselves in the meanwhile.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Did anyone get any update from the University? My application is still in review. Submitted on 1stNov

Intern
Intern
Send PM
smidha93

I just got the official acceptance to the University with scholarships. I am accepting and excited to attend, please anyone who gets accepted let's try and meet before hand, even if it's via video chat.

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts