Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:31 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Schools: Duke '22 (A$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: LBS '22 (I)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.86
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022! [#permalink]
Kellogg releases decisions on dec 11th. Not sure if they will call applicants a day before.

I interviewed on campus and was interviewed by a campus. I think it counts equally to an adcom interview in evaluations.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022! [#permalink]
Hoagie wrote:
Just finished my interview. Regardless all the possible problems in the conversation, I could fairly say that this is my best interview so far. The interviewer was very straightforward and friendly. We had a constructive conversation, no bulls**t, no condescension, no traps. He was not trying to challenge me or corner me with some humiliating questions. He was very supportive, candor, and respectful. The whole process was very consistent with what I always expect from Kellogg graduates.

What school interview threw humiliating questions at you?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Curious about the school that tried to corner you with humiliating questions

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Hey Everyone,

Here are the stats for Kellogg's class of 2021:

Class size: 474
Average GMAT Score: 730
Average GPA: 3.60
Average Years of Work Experience: 5 years
Average Age: 27
Percent of Women: 43%
Percent of International Students: 32%
Percent of Underrepresented Minorities: 26%
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone recieved a waiver so far?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
Hi everyone. I was interviewed and also had a non-evaluative call. But now I've been asked to connect with the 'Academic Experience' team to understand the offerings better at Kellogg. Has anyone else been through such a phone call? Is this evaluative? Any insights will be greatly appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Bookmarks
mitrakaushi wrote:
Hi everyone. I was interviewed and also had a non-evaluative call. But now I've been asked to connect with the 'Academic Experience' team to understand the offerings better at Kellogg. Has anyone else been through such a phone call? Is this evaluative? Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

I also interviewed and had a non-evaluative call weeks after. After the call I had another admissions person reach out wanting to connect me to a current student who has a similar background as me. I have friends who have had the same happen to them. A lot to speculate about all of it, but I think they are doing all of these things to a fair amount of people.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
mitrakaushi wrote:

Also had this happen to me, only they followed up with an invite to talk to a career coach from Kellogg. I scheduled it for just before the decisions are released, so I'd imagine they're being truthful in stating that neither call is evaluative.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [0]
Given Kudos: 250
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
coltaylo94 MBAApplicant93 mitrakaushi If you don't mind me asking, where are you all based? As an international candidate, I'm trying to understand if this is a practice they are following only with domestic applicants.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
variantguy Southeast US
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2852 [1]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
variantguy wrote:
coltaylo94 MBAApplicant93 mitrakaushi If you don't mind me asking, where are you all based? As an international candidate, I'm trying to understand if this is a practice they are following only with domestic applicants.

Hi variantguy,

I know many Indians who have gotten invites for Non-evaluative calls. Also atleast 2 of them have also gotten an email asking them to connect with a faculty member and career management center. So I don't think it is for domestic applicants only and seems they are reaching out to wide range of people.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [0]
Given Kudos: 250
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Oh, okay. Thanks for the additional data point rohan2345. The only communication I've received since my interview is about tech placements (maybe because I applied with a tech goal), invitation to attend the PrideKellogg Preview Day on campus (I guess because I expressed interest in LGBTQ club in the application form), and a couple of other emails about Kellogg's other USPs. But almost all of this seems to be part of mass-marketing.

I don't know what to make of these non-evaluative calls and the outreach efforts, and that makes me nervous. :| It would be helpful if any applicant from prior years or any current student present here could shed some light on this.

rohan2345 wrote:
variantguy wrote:

Hi variantguy,

I know many Indians who have gotten invites for Non-evaluative calls. Also atleast 2 of them have also gotten an email asking them to connect with a faculty member and career management center. So I don't think it is for domestic applicants only and seems they are reaching out to wide range of people.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
Send PM
For those of you who have had non-evaluative calls, did you interview in person on campus? Off campus with an alum?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.86
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Does anyone have any idea whether the non-evaluative calls or the connecting to different aspects of Kellogg is any indication of a person getting in?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.67
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
roberthy wrote:
For those of you who have had non-evaluative calls, did you interview in person on campus? Off campus with an alum?

My interview was off campus with an alumn, I had 2 "non-evaluative" calls, one actually before my interview took place
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I had my non evaluative call with a member of the part-time MBA admissions team and I do believe it was purely non evaluative (to the extent that while you still need to be on your best behaviour, it didn't look like it would improve your candidacy in any way whatsoever). She explained that the purpose of the call was to ensure that applicants are able to understand Kellogg better, and subsequently opened the conversation for any questions I might have about the school. It was conversational, and lasted about 20 minutes.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 35
Schools: Duke '22 (A$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
hs9 did you apply to the part-time program?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  54   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts