Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1367 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: Veritas CAT tests [#permalink]
Hi Dear All,
Took CAT today, 480 ((
Very disappointed. Expected at least 550+ in order to be able to have it over 650 in exam after 2 weeks.
Have used mainly Manhattan books, OG and GMATClub resources...

What should I do to get 650+ in real exam?

I have taken 8 days off to make final review (yeah, as if I have already attained 650+ on average and now anticipating 700+ :D ).

I would be very grateful to Rich, EMPOWERgmatRichC, if you share your Rich experience associated with my situation..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
vinnisatija wrote:
Hi ,

I took my first veritas CAT and scored a 620 with a breakdown of Q45 V 30.I got 9 incorrect questions in verbal.Can anyone tell me if 30 is too low for just 9 incorrect questions.I scored a high percentile in MGMAT even when i got 10-12 questions wrong.

Thanks
Vinnie

Hey Vinnie

We can't comment for other tests but do note that no test prep company's algorithm will exactly match the real thing. The best we can do is get close.

You can always take a free GMAT PILL practice test here complete with detailed performance and timing analytics: https://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... ctice-test

In terms of our scoring, many of our students report scores that are +/- 30 points from their actual GMAT test and so are a relatively good indicator of their performance. That said, no practice test can perfectly replicate the actual score algorithm, but this is quite close.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi mrslee,

If this 480 is the highest CAT score that you've earned so far, then two weeks is not enough time to get you up to the 650+ level. As such, you should pay the $50 fee and reschedule your GMAT. Without knowing too much about your situation, I would suspect that you would need at least another 2-3 months of consistent, guided study to hit this score goal.

1) How long have you studied?
2) Have you used any other GMAT resources besides the ones you listed?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Veritas CAT tests [#permalink]
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi mrslee,

If this 480 is the highest CAT score that you've earned so far, then two weeks is not enough time to get you up to the 650+ level. As such, you should pay the $50 fee and reschedule your GMAT. Without knowing too much about your situation, I would suspect that you would need at least another 2-3 months of consistent, guided study to hit this score goal.

1) How long have you studied?
2) Have you used any other GMAT resources besides the ones you listed?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

Rich

Thanks Rich for immediate reply,

I am afraid, but I have wasted enough time for gmat preparation, since I have spent 2 years by "stopping" and "playing". It has already stolen my time. As you see two years , but rubbish result.
So thinking of concentrating on this exam for the remaining 10 days. I have to do all my best to reach at worst 650.
1) I have studied, especially for verbal - which is my weakest part (RC), for the last 2-3 months regularly,
2) Veritas RC - one of my friend suggested this source, since it the weakest part of verbal division for me,
3) For the next SEPT

And one more point. DS - is a nightmare for me. I accept that I have not grasped the gist of these type of questions completely. Now, I have to focus on these weak points. What would you advice?

Sorry for multiple questions.. I am very grateful for your time!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi mrslee,

What Schools are you planning to apply to?
What are the specific application deadlines for the Schools that you're considering?

I ask because we need to know the exact timeframe that you're working under. If your minimum score requirement is a 650, then you're going to need more study time (whether you choose to reschedule the GMAT or take it in 9 days and retake it later). I'm sure that this information does not make you happy, but there's no evidence that you're likely to score a 650 in 9 days.

Rich
Manager
Manager
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi mrslee,

What Schools are you planning to apply to?
What are the specific application deadlines for the Schools that you're considering?

I ask because we need to know the exact timeframe that you're working under. If your minimum score requirement is a 650, then you're going to need more study time (whether you choose to reschedule the GMAT or take it in 9 days and retake it later). I'm sure that this information does not make you happy, but there's no evidence that you're likely to score a 650 in 9 days.

Rich

Rich,
Today I had another CAT aand 550 ;)

not bad improvment,hih? )

I have to add +100 within 5 days.. which is hard, but not impossible..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 185 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
WE:General Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Folks (especially those who are experienced with how the CAT works),

I've recently taken one of Veritas' CAT and became suspicious to the results of its Quant section:
- it gave me a 500-550-level question to start with;
- I correctly answered 18 questions out of the first 22 ones;
- despite demonstrating (I guess) a relatively good performance within those 22, the section's difficulty level ranged between 450-600.

See the screenshot attached.

Question: Is it OK to feel that something went wrong with that adaptability?

Appreciate any answer/guidance.
Attachments

CAT_Ver5.JPG
CAT_Ver5.JPG [ 133.99 KiB | Viewed 1021 times ]

GMAT Club Bot