Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:12 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
WE:General Management (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
SC Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2207 [0]
Given Kudos: 1665
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.97
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all Imperial College MBA Applicants [2020 Intake]Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Kudos
Guys is there any https://gmatclub.com/chat or some other group where accepted applicants can meet ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Imperial '22
GPA: 3.75
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Imperial College MBA Applicants [2020 Intake]Class of 2021 [#permalink]
If I would like to submit my application on the deadline 24 January 2020 but I'll abroad from mid of February to 28 of February, should I wait and submit application R4 with a deadline 6 March 2020?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 212 [0]
Given Kudos: 442
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 570 Q43 V26
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hi,

Can anyone please let me know what does the deadline dec'13 means for R2 application?

Can I apply to the R2 round now for imperial?

Regards,
Rishav

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [2]
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V36
GPA: 3.79
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
rish2708 wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone please let me know what does the deadline dec'13 means for R2 application?

Can I apply to the R2 round now for imperial?

Regards,
Rishav

Hey Rish,

I'd recommend you to look into this link: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/business-sch ... deadlines/

13th December is not the application deadline, but rather the announcement of whether you're admitted or not :) So your next deadline would be R3, which is 24th Jan.

Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools: ISB '21 (S)
GPA: 4
Send PM
[Urgent]: how is the KIRA video interview like? What kind of questions do they usually ask?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Soumya94 wrote:
[Urgent]: how is the KIRA video interview like? What kind of questions do they usually ask?

Dont worry too much abt it. It's pretty much the "career goals" essay but in video form :) if you know where you want to go and what you want to do after MBA, you shouldn't face too much of a problem.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Other
GMAT 1: 610 Q39 V35
Send PM
I was accepted to the program a couple of months ago but deferred for 2021. Please let me know if anyone has created a watsapp group. Otherwise I’d be happy to do it :)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Albs wrote:
I was accepted to the program a couple of months ago but deferred for 2021. Please let me know if anyone has created a watsapp group. Otherwise I’d be happy to do it :)

It seems that there is no group except the one on Facebook.
Create it :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Keby1nja wrote:
Soumya94 wrote:

Dont worry too much abt it. It's pretty much the "career goals" essay but in video form :) if you know where you want to go and what you want to do after MBA, you shouldn't face too much of a problem.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Other
GMAT 1: 610 Q39 V35
Send PM
Hello all, of you would like to be added to the watsapp group , please either PM me with your number or include your number here.

:)

I’m assigning myself the social lead for the class haha

P.s This group is for admitted students only. Not applicants
Intern
Intern
Send PM
What is the usual turnaround time though? To hear back from Imperial after one is through with the entire process (that is video interview as well as skype interview)?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
rahulchhabra wrote:
suramya26 wrote:
ranjay101 wrote:
Did anyone get any intimation from the college regarding acceptance/denial or any other email.
aghosh54 I know of.
Anyone else?

Hi,
Yes I got a mail which read as follows.

The Admissions Committee have reviewed your application, and unfortunately we are not able to offer you a place at this time, due to the high level of competition for the programme. We are however able to offer you a place on the waiting list, in order to reconsider your application as part of our second admissions round. Decisions will be released by the close of business on Friday 13 December 2019.

At this point in the year, we are not able to provide any details of the likelihood of being accepted onto the programme, or your ranking within the waiting list. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the time and effort that you have put in to your application and interview, and we hope that you choose to take up your place on the waiting list.

So I have accepted the offer for waiting list.
But dont know whether it is a denial.

Experts please share some knowledge.????

I received the same reply.
Waitlisting doesn't necessarily mean denial.
Schools want to form the best and brightest cohorts. So getting waitlisted especially in Round 1, isn't really uncommon.
They want to see what the applicant pool in the second round is like and then make a decision.
This also helps them evaluate people who really want to pick their school as the first preference. Some might take up another offer meanwhile.

So don't worry too much. You can still get in! :)

Hi suramya26 and Rahulchabbra.
Did you guys get to know the decision for your waitlist in the second round?

I heard they ask for any additional information to strengthen the application. Or did they just inform you that you're waitlisted? If so, may I know how you strengthened your application? Like did you write 2-3 points in the reply mail to them or write another sop and attach it?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
aghosh54 wrote:
Target companies and the criteria these companies use for recruitment. What is the best way to answer this question?
It essentially asks whether you have done proper in-depth research on what it takes to get into your target companies/industry and how Imperial MBA can help you get there.

Are we supposed to write the skills that we have developed or learnt from our past experiences?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
papillon09 wrote:
Narenn wrote:
aghosh54 wrote:
Target companies and the criteria these companies use for recruitment. What is the best way to answer this question?
It essentially asks whether you have done proper in-depth research on what it takes to get into your target companies/industry and how Imperial MBA can help you get there.

Are we supposed to write the skills that we have developed or learnt from our past experiences?

Hey there. Imperial admit with scholarship here. Narenn is right: they just want to see if you've done your homework in researching the skills needed for your targeted career goal and if you already have the foundation for aforesaid skills.

This was what I wrote for two of the criterias. Note that I redacted a few bits and pieces for privacy purposes.

"Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, working with people from different nations, disciplines and backgrounds. In my current role, I collaborate daily with [function name] from not only in [country name], but all over [region name], especially [country names], and with commercial teams globally, especially those based in [country names], on new business opportunities. I have worked with them through various crisis & firefighting situations, and implemented new initiatives hand-in-hand."

And another one was:

"Given my interest in [career goal 1 and 2], transition execution and change management are two important competencies. In my [career], I have had two chances of managing large changes: [Project 1 and its description] and [Project 2 and its description]."

Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
Send PM
Kudos
Has anyone heard anything after the R3 deadline of 24th Jan? I had submitted my application on 24th. All the Recommendations were submitted too within the deadline. But I haven't been invited for the Kira yet. All the received was an email with CID and the message that my application is complete and is now being reviewed by the Adcom

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
Send PM
Has Imperial removed Kira requirement? I cant see any KIra option in their application admission process. All that is mentioned is after submission of application, should you be successful, you’ll get an invite to interview and it will last for 30-40 mins. If anyone knows, please let me know.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
drroy wrote:
Has anyone heard anything after the R3 deadline of 24th Jan? I had submitted my application on 24th. All the Recommendations were submitted too within the deadline. But I haven't been invited for the Kira yet. All the received was an email with CID and the message that my application is complete and is now being reviewed by the Adcom

Same goes with me. All i received was a confirmation mail stating that your application is complete and is now being reviewed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello all,

Working on finishing up my apps for this next deadline and was hoping to get clarification on the Career Planning portion.

The career planning questions on the application itself are the only ones we have to complete, correct? I saw the requirements were short 200 and 800 characters (not words, right?).

List your target organisation(s) and role
Please do not exceed 200 characters
What gaps in your skillset will you need to develop to prepare for this career?
Please do not exceed 800 characters

and same for second choice....

Just wanted to make sure I was understanding.

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts