Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:50 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: - Class of 2016
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Hi, I wish to apply for Rotman MBA for Fall 2016 program, however I have a querry. The thing is that I have been running a self employed business since June 2010 and to the current date. Would this self employed business constitute towards the work experience requirement?
It should be noted, though, that I started my Bachelors degree in September 2011 and recently graduated in June 2015, and so have been running my business while continuing my education. So, am I eligible to apply for Rotman MBA or the work experience necessarily have to be gained after finishing the undergraduate degree?

Thanks
Raffay Tarar
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hello, a few questions:

1) Does Rotman exclusively focus on your final year GPA? or do they look at CGPA.

2) Is 'final year' GPA considered courses you took in the final year, or courses per final year of your curriculum. e.g, if you took a 2nd year class in your last semester, would this be overlooked, and instead they would look for all year 4 courses and then average out that GPA. (e.g. you took a 4th year course in your 3rd year).

3) Are Rotman's W/E requirements rigid? I quit my job after a few years, and after spending 5 years in the particular industry to go back to school full time to complete my final year in my undergrad. I am currently in my last semester. Will Rotman take this into consideration all though the W/E was technically prior to graduation?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 119
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
hi,
I have a question regarding Letter of recommendation. Does it have to be from the official email of my superior?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
WRaymond150: not sure about the GPA stuff, I think they take final year based on transcript. will need admissions to confirm. but in terms of work experience... well, I had zero work experience going into the program, and I was fine.

tallyho_88: if I remember correctly, letters of recommendation need to be in a sealed envelop, with the author's signature across the fold, not in an email.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hi Jigglypuff,

Thank you for taking your time out to help us.

Just one question.

Master's Minimum Admission Requirements:

Bachelor's Degree Equivalent: Completion of BOTH a Bachelor`s (three-year) degree and a Master`s OR A Bachelor`s degree requiring four years of study (e.g. BPharm, MBBS, BDS, BTech, BEng, or BArch)

I have done my Bachelors of Commerce- This course is a 3 Year course in India. I have also completed 3 levels of the CFA Program. But above says that BOTH a Bachelors and a Masters are required. So does this mean that I am not eligible? Or should I contact the admissions team?

Thanks,
Al
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 119
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
jigglypuff: That is something that I can't seem to find out. Are you sure? I am trying to confirm that. I do know about a few american schools that need LOR through email.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
tallyho_88 wrote:
jigglypuff: That is something that I can't seem to find out. Are you sure? I am trying to confirm that. I do know about a few american schools that need LOR through email.

The LOR needs to be submitted online by your recommenders. In the online application system, it asks for the email addresses of your recommenders.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello, I need urgent help with my Rotman Essay -1. I am applying in R-2, deadline is on 09/01/2017.

Should I frame my essay like : Fast-forward to 10 next years and then reflect back on what I gained during the last 10 years out of MBA ?

OR

Should I reflect on next 10 years, sitting in present tense, and then describe my career goals for next 10 years and how a Rotman MBA will help achieve that.....?

The Essay topic is: When you reflect 10 years from now, how will you measure your MBA experience? (500 words)

Please help....!!

profile: female engineer from reputed Indian college, CGPA - 8.21/10.00
GMAT 690 (5/6/50/34)
work ex- 6.5 years in Oil & Gas major, good knowledge of sales-marketing
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1263 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
ladybird66 wrote:
Hello, I need urgent help with my Rotman Essay -1. I am applying in R-2, deadline is on 09/01/2017.

Should I frame my essay like : Fast-forward to 10 next years and then reflect back on what I gained during the last 10 years out of MBA ?

OR

Should I reflect on next 10 years, sitting in present tense, and then describe my career goals for next 10 years and how a Rotman MBA will help achieve that.....?

The Essay topic is: When you reflect 10 years from now, how will you measure your MBA experience? (500 words)

Please help....!!

GMAT 690 (5/6/50/34)

Even I need clarification on this. Can anyone share his/her perspective.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Keats wrote:
ladybird66 wrote:

OR

Please help....!!

GMAT 690 (5/6/50/34)

Even I need clarification on this. Can anyone share his/her perspective.

Fast-forward to 10 next years and then reflect back assuming what all happened in that time.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Hi,

I heard that international students at Rotman are eligible to stay in the country after the MBA has finished. I was wondering if there are any special requirements to stay in Canada.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hello, for Rotman Executive MBA, how exactly an applicants profile evaluated against this requirement-
- 3+ years if experience in mid to senior management roles

I have an experience of 9 years in the IT services industry with technical roles mostly, but I have a strong understanding of Processes in the Industry and have even worked in Process centric roles such as configuration management and Release management for almost 1.5 years. I am also certified in ITIL. Does this count?

Please help me understand how this particular criterion can be met and how stringent it is?

Thanks.

Sent from my MotoG3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
I am a applicant from India and have a query regarding required GPA in under graduation for admission in full time MBA course.I have scored 73.50% in my graduation which is equivalent to 3.5 (first class) and my percentage for my final year is 77.25% which is equivalent to GPA 3.5 (first class).
But as mentioned in third point of undergraduate requirement, that if the applicant completed his graduation outside of Canada must check International Degree Equivalencies and there the requirement is 8.0 CGPA (from other univ) and my CGPA is 7.7. Am I eligible to apply for Rotman ?

Hoping a positive reply asap.

Thanks and Regards,
Gaurav Singh
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Send PM
Hi
I need clarity of Rotman TOEFL requirements.

I had my university degree in Nigeria.
Nigeria is a an English speaking country and all forms of education are conducted using English.

Do I still need to write a TOEFL exam?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N910C using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hey. I have a question about the decision date. March 2, 2018 is the guaranteed decision date for R2. Is that the last date when we can expect to receive one of the initial notifications - interview invite, waitlist offer, denial of admission OR is that the date when the FINAL Admitted/denied decisions will be provided?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Kudos
Hello - I just went through your official page on minimum requirements for applying. As far as my understanding goes, it's stated as a minimum of "8/10" CGPA for Indian universities. Here is my profile:

GMAT Score: 700
Undergrad: First class - 7.9
Experience: 5.5 Years in Management Consulting / Analytics
School: 89% both at Primary and Secondary

Can I try giving it a shot for applying to Rotman with the above qualifications or do you think I would never own a chance even with the above GMAT scores which can offset the undergrad scores for considering my application?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts