Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:08 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51447 [2]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [0]
Given Kudos: 250
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Hate to be the bearer of bad news of sorts but as far as I know, the last date for invited applicants to complete their interviews was November 30.

However, Haas doesn't communicate 'early release', so nothing conclusive can be said at this point. On the decision day, applicants will receive one of these three decisions - accepted, denied, waitlisted.

Best of luck!

jaquelinesanches wrote:
I applied to Round1 and haven't heard from Haas yet - no interview invites and no early release.
Is anyone else in this situation?

Does it mean admissions will wait until the final deadline to tell us we're not getting in?

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Berkeley Haas MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
10 days to Round 1 decision day! How's everyone feeling? I personally am a tesseract of anxiety at the moment!! :dazed

Let's keep chatting for these next few days, everyone! And the chat room for decision day discussions is mentioned below.

Best of luck, and hang in there! :thumbup:

Decision Timelines by School

Chicago Booth

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yale SOM

• Decision Deadline: Dec 4.
  • Estimated Decision Release Timeline: Decisions will be released on Dec 4. Calls are expected to start from 11am ET. Last year’s waitlisted reapplicants are likely to hear first.
  • Chat Room 2: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat2.php

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNC Kenan Flagler

Harvard

• Decision Deadline: Dec 10.
  • Estimated Decision Release Timeline: Dec 10; All decisions will be released at once on decision portal at Noon ET
  • Main Chat Room: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php

UVA Darden

Kellogg

Stanford

Tuck

• Decision Deadline: Dec 12
  • Estimated Decision Release Timeline: Calls are likely to start from Dec 11 evening and continue till decision date
  • Chat Room #3: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat3.php

Tepper

Berkeley Haas

Michigan Ross

• Decision Deadline: Dec 18
  • Estimated Decision Release Timeline: Domestic Admits on Dec 16; Int’l Admits on Dec 17; Dings/WL on Dec 18
  • Main Chat Room: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php

UCLA Anderson

McCombs

Wharton

Duke Fuqua

MIT Sloan

[/quote]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Kudos
One small detail about Haas MBA STEM is that the program is now qualified as "Managerial Science" so technically any course you do here is scientific, making it easier for employers to pass your STEM OPT check.

socialgood wrote:
bb wrote:
Just saw this in the news. Haas MBA programs are now STEM-designated! All programs including PT and FT.

https://newsroom.haas.berkeley.edu/berk ... -programs/

Or is this old news?
STEM means increased competition from International Students since STEM allows for a 3-year work permit after graduation (with a few strings but much fewer and is pretty much guaranteed unlike H1B which requires a review, large payment, and most often is a lottery)

Yes! It is recent news. I attended the Meet the Dean (Ann Harrison) reception by Berkeley Haas couple of weeks back. She herself announced it and said that this has took a lot of effort but is very exciting news for all international students. I hear that a couple of other schools have been certified recently as well.

But from my limited conversations, getting the 24 month extension is not a cakewalk. The applicants will still need to prove that their work is directly related to STEM and the major/courses they completed in their MBA program. But yes it is good news! :)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
BananaNation wrote:
One small detail about Haas MBA STEM is that the program is now qualified as "Managerial Science" so technically any course you do here is scientific, making it easier for employers to pass your STEM OPT check.

LOL, with probably no change to the actual classes that were previously taught and probably completely unnoticeable to the US Applicants, a change is made and a whole batch of scientists is made ;)
I guess whatever it takes to satisfy the bureaucrats....

Thanks for chiming in BananaNation - I see you are a first year at Haas - how is internship recruiting going? What industries are you targeting?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [2]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Kudos
Literally zero change in class composition/choice, you can take marketing and as long a you go into a marketing position afterwards STEM OPT should work. And since we cover a lot of general/introduction level classes in our core (economics, marketing, strategy, operations, data analysis, finance, accounting), you are pretty much guaranteed to have STEM qualification for 80-90% of jobs. Extraordinary political climate calls for extraordinary measures I guess.

I'm not recruiting for consulting/IB/Big Tech so it is pretty chill right now, I'm more focused on networking and finding what sort of companies I want to target, but I'm leaning towards PM roles in SaaS start ups/smaller tech companies. Having said that, I did submit my resume for a few on-campus interviews with big techs, just in case.

bb wrote:
BananaNation wrote:

LOL, with probably no change to the actual classes that were previously taught and probably completely unnoticeable to the US Applicants, a change is made and a whole batch of scientists is made ;)
I guess whatever it takes to satisfy the bureaucrats....

Thanks for chiming in BananaNation - I see you are a first year at Haas - how is internship recruiting going? What industries are you targeting?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you so much for the feedback about the classes. Kudos to the Haas team for getting an early start on this and putting student needs first.

Good luck with the internship search! I did mine with a small start up as well which is no longer around unfortunately. The cool thing was that I got to interface with a lot of the senior folks. The downside was that they didn’t pay much and it took a few months to get paid. (they were upfront about their payments though and I appreciated that day made me whole). It was an interesting experience :-)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
@BananaNation Thank you for sharing your inputs on the curriculum. The fact that the core itself should be able to qualify a student for STEM is great news in terms of the freedom to pick electives and concentrations in the second year.

Also, does this mean that the degree would now be an 'MBA in Managerial Science'? And do the specific career-paths get mentioned on the degree as well?

I'm working in product marketing for a SaaS unicorn in India and planning to pivot to PM through an MBA, within the SaaS space, so it's great to find someone with similar goals. Maybe if I get through, I'd like to pick your brains a bit about your off-campus networking strategy. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Does Haas call all admitted applicants? Is it possible that calls might go out earlier than Dec 12th?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
sn198, though there is no official update on this, previous years' decision tracker data suggests that most applicants received admit notification via phone. I think since the batch size is smaller vs most other schools hence the number of R1 admits and consequently the number of calls to be made would be much lesser, and so one would expect all those admitted to receive a phone call. We saw this week that Booth and Yale called almost all the admits. But again, this is my observation and I don't have any official confirmation on this. As for when the calls would go out, the official decision day is December 12th.

Hope this helps!

sn198 wrote:
Does Haas call all admitted applicants? Is it possible that calls might go out earlier than Dec 12th?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks.. I looked at trends on clearadmit and apparently calls go out 1-2 days before Dec 12th. So if trends hold true, calls should start on Dec 10th. Portals for all will be updated on Dec 12th

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
That's interesting! Thanks for sharing this data point! :)

I think the decision day last time was December 13th, what's the earliest reported admit you saw on Clearadmit?

sn198 wrote:
Thanks.. I looked at trends on clearadmit and apparently calls go out 1-2 days before Dec 12th. So if trends hold true, calls should start on Dec 10th. Portals for all will be updated on Dec 12th

Manager
Manager
Send PM
The earliest was Dec 10th for 2018 and Dec 11th for 2017

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Interesting, the respective notification dates for those years were Dec 13, 2018 and Dec 14, 2017.

So, there's definitely a pattern there. You might be onto something here, and based on this calls might start as early as Dec 9 this year.

It might be useful to further segment the calls by region to see if there's a geographic pattern as well.

sn198 wrote:
The earliest was Dec 10th for 2018 and Dec 11th for 2017

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hahaha.. that’s too much work.. I will just stare at my phone from Monday onwards hoping it rings!! Good luck to everyone

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Haha, true that :lol: best of luck for next week!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Decision week is here! As per previous years' trends, we can expect admitted students to start receiving phone calls from today onwards. Let's keep talking and updating each other as we all wait for the coveted call :)

Here's the link to the dedicated chat room for Haas discussions: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat7.php
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I've been staring at my phone all day. Looking at the decision tracker, it doesn't look like anyone has heard yet. Does anyone know - if you haven't heard by the 12th does that mean you were rejected? Or do they let some people know then?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts