Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:13 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 512 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Experts Global Test Series feedback [#permalink]
Hello Rich,
Thanks a lot for the response and suggestion.
Please find below answer to the query.
Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
I have started the preparation in 2016.Unfortunately Because of office not able to dedicate the required time for preparation.Finally in Nov I have left the job for preparation.

How many hours do you typically study each week:More than 35 hours for last 2 weeks.

2) What study materials have you used so far?

1.OG
2.E-gmat verbal,however its subscription is expired.Learnt Sentence Correction from it mostly.
3.Manhattan CR,SC and RC books
4.Recently taken CR Bible and Official gmat tests and 404 questions.
4.Gmat club test subscription last month for quant.
5.Jamboree materials as well.

3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

1.Last mock I have taken around july gmat prep 1 and got 620,however it was 2nd attempt for the same.After that because of relocation of work and health issue and I lost the track for 3 months.Started again from November 2019.

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
700+
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
Around 25 of this month depending on mocks. If I got 650+ in mocks then I will schedule.
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
ISB 3 rd round or in next cycle of Indian business schools as for this year is over
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to?
Indian Top B schools primarily...IIM A,B,C, ISB SPJAIN and then if not will look for abroad options.

Note: Previous year I given GMAT without thorough preparation I got 570.

Currently working for Verbal mainly and 700+ questions on quant.

Thanks
Anand Prakash
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Anand,

Many GMATers spend 3 months (or more) of consistent study time before they hit their 'peak' scores, so if you've studied for just 2 weeks - and you're planning to take the Official GMAT in just 3 weeks - then there might be a limit to how much you can improve in that time.

Since your last practice CAT/mock was taken in July (AND it was a 'retake'), we do not have a clear idea of your current GMAT skills, strengths and weaknesses, so I suggest that you take a NEW CAT sometime soon (perhaps this weekend). Make sure to take a NEW CAT (re: one that you have NOT taken before) and take it in a realistic fashion (take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, take it away from your home, at the same time of day as when you'll take the Official GMAT, etc.). Once you have that score, you should report back here and we can discuss the results and how best to proceed.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Rich,

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

I am agreed with the suggestion and I am going to give a mock in a complete Gmat scenario and will update.

However, my major concerns is to practice RCs as I have not done the same in past and it has impacted my score drastically.

CR: For the last 2 week it has improved, but I am taking average time 2:30 to solve it correctly.

SC:Using the meaning based and then finding the error approach in SC is still not fetching me high accuracy.On easier question I can easily apply however on 700+ question it is not frequently, as a result ability goes down.

Quant: Mainly focusing on 700+ question. As in previous mocks I got average of Q46-48.

Thanks
Anand Prakash
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Anand,

Many Test Takers become too fixated on the 'implied level' of the questions that they're working on - instead of what really matters: defining WHY they're getting questions wrong and becoming more efficient at approaching the overall Exam. It's also worth noting that just because a 3rd party describes a question as "700 level" does not necessarily make it so.

Until we have a recent CAT Score to use as reference, you probably should NOT be focused on working on '700 level' questions from any category. If, for example, your current 'ability level' is in the low-600s, then getting those harder questions wrong would not matter much to your Score (especially if you're getting lots of 'easy' and 'medium' level questions wrong).

Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Rich,

I have given Mock of Experts Global today. Below is my score.
Quant:47.
Verbal:30
Overall:630.

Remarks: Quant is on difficult side, and Verbal is almost same to Gmat with moderate SC questions.
Skipped last passage completely because of time constraint.

Kindly suggest the action plan ahead. Let me know if you require any more data related to the Mock.

Thanks
Anand
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Anand,

Earlier, we discussed how the accuracy of a CAT result will vary depending on the company that created the CAT. Assuming that this CAT is an accurate assessment of your current skills, then you still have some significant work to do (in BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections) before you can get to the point that you can consistently score 700+. Statistically-speaking, that training will likely take at least another 1.5 - 2 months. You're actually closer to a 650+ than you probably realize, but you want to be clear on your Goal Score before you spend the money and take the Official GMAT.

1) What is the minimum Score that you would be comfortable applying to School with?
2) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Rich,
What is the minimum Score that you would be comfortable applying to School with?
700+

2) Going forward, how many hours do you think you can consistently study each week?
35-40 hours.

Thanks
Anand Prakash
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Anand,

If you're certain that you 'need' a 700+ to apply to Business School, then THAT Score Goal has to come first (and application deadlines ultimately do not matter UNTIL you have the GMAT Score that you need). With a Test Date sometime in December, you would have no more than 3 weeks (at most) of potential study time, and raising your Score 70+ points in that time is probably too difficult to be considered realistic.

Since you're likely going to need at least another 1.5 months of consistent, guided study, to hit your Score Goal, we need to consider the application deadlines for each of the Schools that you're interested in. What is the upcoming deadline for each School and is there ANOTHER later deadline that you could apply for (and what is that deadline?)?

Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Rich,

I have mentioned 700+ score because at that score My chances are very high for the particular college(ISB-3rd round )and for other colleges.
For Indian best B schools ISB is last to apply as far as deadlines is considered, Hence I can apply to this college with any score above 660+, which is a competitive score.

What is the upcoming deadline for each School : Maximum will go in next year as far as India is concerned

and is there ANOTHER later deadline that you could apply for (and what is that deadline?)1 Jan deadline is my target for ISB. For others I can Take time to get to 700+ score.

I want to take risk of getting around 680 as apply for ISB and hopefully if it get converted I can save 1 year.

Thanks
Anand Prakash

Thanks
Anand Prakash
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Anand,

I want to start by reiterating that I think that you need MORE study time to hit 680+ than you have currently allotted. There's also some question as to how accurate your recent practice CAT Score actually is. That having been said, if you want to take the GMAT sometime in the next 2-3 weeks (knowing that you will probably end up paying to take the GMAT again later on), and you are a flexible-enough thinker to learn and properly practice a new set of Verbal Tactics, then you have a chance to hit 680.

Based on everything that you have described, I think that you would find the EMPOWERgmat Verbal Score Booster to be quite helpful. Most of our clients finish that Study Plan in well under a month, so you might be able to do so in the next couple of weeks. Your goal should NOT be to try to 'rush' through any of that study material though - your focus has to be on developing specific skills (meaning that you need to practice exactly what the Course trains you in). We have a variety of free resources on our site (www.empowergmat.com), so you can 'test out' the Course before setting up an account.

If you have any additional questions, then just let me know.

Rich
GMAT Club Bot