Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: Calling McCombs UT Austin MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
NbyNW wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:
I do not think it will have an impact on the decisions this year but I also think that they will utilize this information for those they admitted and those they did not and figure out how to utilize the tool in the coming years.

This is me speculating.

I would also assume that the Dec 16th deadline is to try to compel people that did not get admitted to take the assessment as well. Kind of hard to compel people to do extra work if you just gave them a big thumbs down.

T-minus 4 days to decision day, sending positive vibes to everyone!

This wait is brutal! I wish their decision release wasn't so late.

Does anyone know if they call admitted applicants prior to the official decision date? i.e. Michigan Ross decision date is 12/18 but they announced they will call admits (domestic) starting Monday, 12/16.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Re: Calling McCombs UT Austin MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
UCFKnight08 wrote:
NbyNW wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:
I do not think it will have an impact on the decisions this year but I also think that they will utilize this information for those they admitted and those they did not and figure out how to utilize the tool in the coming years.

This is me speculating.

I would also assume that the Dec 16th deadline is to try to compel people that did not get admitted to take the assessment as well. Kind of hard to compel people to do extra work if you just gave them a big thumbs down.

Does anyone know if they call admitted applicants prior to the official decision date? i.e. Michigan Ross decision date is 12/18 but they announced they will call admits (domestic) starting Monday, 12/16.

Based on GMAT Club and ClearAdmit data from the last couple of years (proof that I am totally with you in the waiting anxiety, prompting some research...), it looks like notification calls go out on the deadline day (17 December). I know it is tough to wait, but they know what they are doing!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
As per trend, they do call but ON the admissions deadline only.
UCFKnight08 wrote:
NbyNW wrote:
MsInvBanker wrote:

This is me speculating.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Send PM
That soft skills assessment? Just finished it a little while back and it was so weird! They need to work on it more before they start using it in admissions process in my opinion!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Send PM
On a similar but different note, Happy THE DAY! It is already 17th in Pakistan! Now I am waiting for it to be 17th in the US and for the decisions to be sent to us all.

All the best to all of us!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Lol I didn’t do it anyway :roll:
MsInvBanker wrote:
That soft skills assessment? Just finished it a little while back and it was so weird! They need to work on it more before they start using it in admissions process in my opinion!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey guys - Current McCombs student here. I can guarantee to you that the decisions will be released ONLY on the deadline. Not a single day before.

Good luck to all the applicants. Really excited to see who'll be joining us here on the Longhorn Hype Train. DM me if you have any questions after the decisions!

Edit 1: Scholarship amounts are provided along with the decisions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for the update.

Also, do you know if they will call the admits like last year or only release e-mails?
Thanks!!
DogGoesWoof wrote:
Hey guys - Current McCombs student here. I can guarantee to you that the decisions will be released ONLY on the deadline. Not a single day before.

Good luck to all the applicants. Really excited to see who'll be joining us here on the Longhorn Hype Train. DM me if you have any questions after the decisions!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
It'll be a mix of both - primarily based on the time zones and availability of the staff/students.

I got my decision via email last year and a phone call the next day. So do keep an eye out for status updates on your application.

RicAssassin wrote:
Thanks for the update.

Also, do you know if they will call the admits like last year or only release e-mails?
Thanks!!
DogGoesWoof wrote:

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks!!
DogGoesWoof wrote:
It'll be a mix of both - primarily based on the time zones and availability of the staff/students.

I got my decision via email last year and a phone call the next day. So do keep an eye out for status updates on your application.

RicAssassin wrote:
Thanks for the update.

Thanks!!
DogGoesWoof wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Send PM