Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:52 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q800 V660
GPA: 2.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
sn198 wrote:
I do think the interview is important. Basically a 2nd year student tells the adcom her/his opinion on whether you will be a good addition to the Fuqua community. The school also stresses heavily on your stats (GMAT, GPA etc) if you are from an overrepresented population.

I really wasn’t told why I was rejected. After some self reflection, I spoke to many adcom members at networking events after and was told it could have been a myriad of reasons (stats, feasibility of goals, luck, interview reports)

Posted from my mobile device

Aren't stats and feasibility of goals the things that get us an interview in the first place. Do you think they will again go through all of that..?

One more thing. What did you answer to if Fuqua was your first choice? My interviewer was very interested in this answer. I felt that was the most important part of the interview. I maybe wrong. Even after I sent him the thank you note, he replied as " Thankyou for making Fuqua your first choice". It, in fact, is my first choice.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke Fuqua MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
From what I know, 2-3 readers make the interview decision but the entire committee sits together to make final decisions. Just because 1 adcom bought your story doesn’t mean everyone else will.

I was given a good piece of advice at the start of the year. Until you get an actual offer, every school you apply to is your top school. Hope this helps.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Any intel on when can we expect to hear on waitlist status
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Has anyone here done student outreach to the ambassadors on their site? Unfortunately there aren't any contact details, so I'm wondering how we're expected to connect with them? LinkedIn messages?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
Schools: Duke '22 (A$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Kudos
If you click on their names, it will take you to a brief profile page of the ambassador and their email address is on that page.

hollygolightly wrote:
Has anyone here done student outreach to the ambassadors on their site? Unfortunately there aren't any contact details, so I'm wondering how we're expected to connect with them? LinkedIn messages?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Kudos
Fuqua students have been incredibly responsive and helpful when I've reached out to them. Every student got back to me within 48 hours and a two of them followed up with me on their own to ask about my interview. Would definitely recommend connecting with them!

You can click on their picture or all their emails are simply firstname.lastname@duke.edu. If they are on the site, they'll likely be more than willing to respond to you.

ricyan11 wrote:
If you click on their names, it will take you to a brief profile page of the ambassador and their email address is on that page.

hollygolightly wrote:

Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Hi people,

Any Fuqua hopeful got a mail...?

I got the following mail...

"The Daytime MBA Round 1 decision release date is almost here! We are checking in with all applicants to confirm you do wish to receive your admission decision on December 18. If your plans have changed or you have committed to another school and you would like to withdraw your application to Fuqua, just let us know by replying to application-processing@fuqua.duke.edu by December 16, 2019. To receive your decision via email next week, no further action is required at this time"

Can early admits please confirm if it means or does not mean anything...?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
As it says , they have sent it to "all applicants". I wouldnt read into it a lot.

All efforts to increase the yield

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
redskull1 wrote:
Hi people,

Any Fuqua hopeful got a mail...?

I got the following mail...

"The Daytime MBA Round 1 decision release date is almost here! We are checking in with all applicants to confirm you do wish to receive your admission decision on December 18. If your plans have changed or you have committed to another school and you would like to withdraw your application to Fuqua, just let us know by replying to application-processing@fuqua.duke.edu by December 16, 2019. To receive your decision via email next week, no further action is required at this time"

Can early admits please confirm if it means or does not mean anything...?

Hi, I've got the mail too.

According to the last sentence, "To receive your decision via email next week, no further action is required at this time.", I was just wondering whether they release the final decision via email next week.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
redskull1 wrote:

Doesn't it sound like an effort to improve their yield?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Did waitlisted applicants also get that email?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
toby8891 wrote:
Did waitlisted applicants also get that email?

I didn't get it - I think it was for R1 applicants only
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
Does Fuqua also call the admits a day before the actual decision day?

4 days to go....

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72855 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes... I am pretty sure they do. Only HBS does not :-)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q41 V39
GMAT 2: 660 Q40 V41
GMAT 3: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
bb wrote:

Wait, they call the day before or the day of?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
Not sure if the process is the same but I received a call for acceptance to the weekend MBA the same day the admissions committee met.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72855 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
ToroRojo93 wrote:
bb wrote:

Wait, they call the day before or the day of?

I have never heard of a school releasing the decisions first and then calling. I feel that would miss the point of calling so they would be calling before releasing the decisions.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts