Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools: Stern '23 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 1
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [3]
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q160 V160
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Kudos
I already gave up on them. I am finalizing applications for R2. I am a big believer that things happen for a reason.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Those who completed their interviews: Guys, would you be interested in sharing your takeaways from interviews and any advice for R2/R3 applicants here?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
meme2019 wrote:
I already gave up on them. I am finalizing applications for R2. I am a big believer that things happen for a reason.

Make sense! Good luck for R2.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
For folks who applied in Round-1, do you need to send them the GMAT score and TOEFL score? or can you just self report for the applications?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [0]
Given Kudos: 250
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi, I applied in Round 1 and had to send an official report for both GMAT and TOEFL.

Hope this helps!

adiang wrote:
For folks who applied in Round-1, do you need to send them the GMAT score and TOEFL score? or can you just self report for the applications?

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
8 days to go to R1 decisions. Good luck guys!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
8 days to go to R1 decisions. Good luck guys!

Do you know how decisions are released usually? And are all acceptances and rejections released on the same day?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi, I'm planning to apply for UCLA Anderson Full-time MBA program soon. But I'm not from business background and I don't have related business experience. I'm based in Jakarta, Indonesia and I have a bachelor's degree in Communication Science study. After graduated from college in 2016, I didn't work until 2019 I have a side job as an independent artist and selling my music to music distributor. I have a plan to be serious in my music career and make it as a business. I'd like to join Anderson because of geographical preference. LA is my desired location as it is good for entertainment industry like music, I'd like to pursue my music business career.

My questions are:
1) Is it compulsory to have a certain professional experience related to business or finance to be considered in MBA program of Anderson? How about self-employed job like I'm doing as an independent artist who sell my music? I think it's related to entrepreneurial job.

2)Is it difficult to get a scholarship or financial aid at Anderson if I don't have professional experience in a company?

3)Where should I contact my inquiries to Anderson MBA admission programs?

I'd appreciate your feedback and support guys. Thank you.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
Send PM
Bookmarks
nebula1 wrote:
Hi, I'm planning to apply for UCLA Anderson Full-time MBA program soon. But I'm not from business background and I don't have related business experience. I'm based in Jakarta, Indonesia and I have a bachelor's degree in Communication Science study. After graduated from college in 2016, I didn't work until 2019 I have a side job as an independent artist and selling my music to music distributor. I have a plan to be serious in my music career and make it as a business. I'd like to join Anderson because of geographical preference. LA is my desired location as it is good for entertainment industry like music, I'd like to pursue my music business career.

My questions are:
1) Is it compulsory to have a certain professional experience related to business or finance to be considered in MBA program of Anderson? How about self-employed job like I'm doing as an independent artist who sell my music? I think it's related to entrepreneurial job.

2)Is it difficult to get a scholarship or financial aid at Anderson if I don't have professional experience in a company?

3)Where should I contact my inquiries to Anderson MBA admission programs?

I'd appreciate your feedback and support guys. Thank you.

I'm applying to the EMBA program, but I would think UCLA Anderson is the same at its core for all programs so my understanding of the program as it pertains to the first question will be no different from another.

They will want to know you have a good quantitative ability given the dearth of it in your history. I recommend taking the Berkeley Extension course Mathematics for Management (they will likely recommend the same) before you submit your app (they won't care if you finish it, but will want to know your grade at the time you submit your app). Do well on the quant section of the GMAT.

UCLA will actually LIKE that you have a non-traditional background, so you have that going for you. It brings perspective and breadth to the quality of professionals that they churn out of the program. As an artist, I'm sure you're quite creative, so write some fabulous essays to explain your desire for this degree. Depending on how many years you have been self-employed, you might even be a decent candidate for the EMBA program, which will put you in a network of already established professionals that will have better input on business growth and strategy given their experience (the people in your class are vps, c-suite, etc at fortune 500s and notable companies). You will need to meet min reqs for work experience (which can be supplmented with graduate school work) to qualify, though, should you want to look at an EMBA.

I hope this was helpful for the first couple of questions! I think it's awesome that you're looking to bring business acumen to your profession -- it will definitely help! :-)
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
UCLA Anderson DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 51 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:720 (Q49 V40), Industry: Consulting, WE 50, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 59 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:750 (Q49 V42), Industry: Computer Software, WE 76, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51447 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congrats to the admits! Fingers crossed for the ones waiting!

I am doing a chat in 30 mins about pre MBA internships and networking. Join in if you are interested!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 502 [1]
Given Kudos: 250
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi everyone, congratulations to all the admits and best of luck to all those waiting!

Here's the link to the https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted students: https://chat.https://gmatclub.com/chat.com/KOI2SE2VI2R019ENwdCDC5

Let's get networking! :-D
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply

• Admitted, 10 minutes ago, from United States, GPA: 3.29, Industry: Mutual Funds and Brokerage, WE 97, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 25 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:750 (Q49 V42), Industry: Entertainment and Sports, WE 60, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 32 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:700, GPA: 3.65, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 43 minutes ago, from Canada, GMAT:690 (Q47 V37), GPA: 3.8, Industry: Internet and New Media, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply

• Admitted, 8 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:770, GPA: 3.53, Industry: Human Resources, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 48 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:700 (Q48 V38), Industry: Consumer Products, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 52 minutes ago, from United States, GPA: 3.35, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So if we didnt a call today I take it thats a rejection or waitlist?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 64
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Kudos
Congratulations on the admits! Best of luck to all those waiting and applying.
Feel free to DM me on any Anderson related questions (admissions/applications). Fall quarter is just over and I am glad to use some of my free time to help my GMATClub fam!

AG
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
Send PM
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts